COVID THREAD

19 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No, it's more of a choice. Not that that matters, what does matter is it overwhelms the NHS far more than covid ever did, so, to be consistent, those who argued and pushed for coerced vaccines, compulsory masks and a host of other draconian restrictions on civil liberties, should now be gearing up to inflict the same on obese people.

They didn't 'promote' masks and vaccines, they forced them on people and supported legal coercion and compulsion.

Numbers don't agree with you.

90% of the population of England have not been forced to do anything - they walked into vaccination centres and when asked  received the vaccine.

They got off their backsides and did something to protect themselves their families, friends, work colleagues, other shoppers. passengers, pub goers, strangers, people they will never meet etc.

There are many genuine reasons why most of the remaining 10% are still unvaccinated however there are also the Far-right, the Conspiracy Theorists, the wannabe Martyrs, the keyboard warriors, the Piers Corbyns, the Trumps, the anti-vaxxers, covid deniers  etc.

You lot did nothing except repeat what you were fed by the American Far-right and/or the various Conspiracy Theorists flavours. 

You lot did nothing but regurgitate misinformation.

You lot made no attempt to engage in discussion, just repeating over and over again the same message.

The fact you lot spend so much time in a backwater like this is indicative of how small your pond is and even in that pond your impact is zero. 

If you lot think you have a genuine cause, get off you backsides and do something about it- you are getting nowhere on here.

Sajid Javid Tells Kay Burley To Learn To Live With Virus 👏 👏 👏

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Sajid Javid Tells Kay Burley To Learn To Live With Virus 👏 👏 👏

This forums really gone down the nick.

16 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

90% of the population of England have not been forced to do anything - they walked into vaccination centres and when asked  received the vaccine.

They got off their backsides and did something to protect themselves their families, friends, work colleagues, other shoppers. passengers, pub goers, strangers, people they will never meet etc.

There are many genuine reasons why most of the remaining 10% are still unvaccinated however there are also the Far-right, the Conspiracy Theorists, the wannabe Martyrs, the keyboard warriors, the Piers Corbyns, the Trumps, the anti-vaxxers, covid deniers  etc.

You lot did nothing except repeat what you were fed by the American Far-right and/or the various Conspiracy Theorists flavours. 

You lot did nothing but regurgitate misinformation.

You lot made no attempt to engage in discussion, just repeating over and over again the same message.

The fact you lot spend so much time in a backwater like this is indicative of how small your pond is and even in that pond your impact is zero. 

If you lot think you have a genuine cause, get off you backsides and do something about it- you are getting nowhere on here.

90% of the country are not fully vaccinated, its down to around 50% and will get less with any future boosters, stop repeating absolute nonsense whilst calling everyone else a conspiracy theorist, your actually one of the worse.

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Interesting that the BMJ who many believers on here have quoted have asked for the immediate release of all covid vaccine data, mmmmmm.

Interesting?

It is not the The BMJ that has " ...asked for the immediate release of all covid vaccine data, mmmmmm."

It is one of their senior editors in America, Peter Doshi, who has been running the campaign in American for the 30 000 Pfizer documents to be released as was mentioned earlier in the thread. Quite rightly this information should be accessible, as it will be.

25 minutes ago, sibon said:

But, if you are obese and breathe on me, I'm highly unlikely to gain weight.

That's the key difference.

The key similarity is that obesity overwhelmes the NHS [considerably more so than covid].

A key difference is that the pro-orthodox people don't seem to wanyt to apply draconian restrictions to obesity, but very much did with covid.

25 minutes ago, sibon said:

Obesity isn't really a choice. I have a few obese friends, none of them enjoy being the way that they have become. 

I'd expect you to understand that, more than most on here.

I didn't say obesity is a choice, I said it was more of a choice than getting covid.

Also, not enjoying being a certain way, does not necessarily mean there isn't an element of choice involved in the causal mechansms which led to being it, or it's maintenance.

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

90% of the country are not fully vaccinated, its down to around 50% and will get less with any future boosters, stop repeating absolute nonsense whilst calling everyone else a conspiracy theorist, your actually one of the worse.

I see that counting is a challenge to some of our contributors 

23 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

yes they do.

90% of the population of England have not been forced to do anything - they walked into vaccination centres and .....................

I never said otherwise. I did say that the pro-orthodox narrative people have supported and called for forcing/coercing/compelling people to have to have vaccines and wear masks.

Edited by onewheeldave

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

The key similarity is that obesity overwhelmes the NHS [considerably more so than covid].

A key difference is that the pro-orthodox people don't seem to wanyt to apply draconian restrictions to obesity, but very much did with covid.

I didn't say obesity is a choice, I said it was more of a choice than getting covid.

But you can't catch obesity. And obesity doesn't increase exponentially.

They are the key points

I appreciate that you can't accept that because it makes a mockery of your analogy.

But it is the truth .

Edited by sibon

24 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I've actually done quite a lot in other places than here i.e. the real world.

Just now, sibon said:

But you can't catch obesity.

How does that matter [in relation to the point I was making]?

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

How does that matter [in relation to the point I was making]?

Because, if you have obesity, you can't pass it on to me. So it needs a different public health response to covid.

Plus, if you have obesity you can't pass it onto >1 people. So it can't accelerate out of control.

Plus. You really need to have a think about fat shaming. Many people can't help the way they are.  

Edited by sibon

9 minutes ago, top4718 said:

More misinformation:

In England 91% have had the first jab.

In England 83% have had the first jab and second jab.

In England 63% have had the first jab and rising as the eligibility dates come up for them.

8 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I've actually done quite a lot in other places than here i.e. the real world.

Do tell.