COVID THREAD

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Just more proof that people have tried to politicise Covid & The NHS into a religion that you cannot question or criticise  

you can imagine the scenario  care home, you could visit your relative, but on principle someone would rather stare through a window at them because , you have been asked to wear a mask inside for a limited amount of time, but No its the thin edge of a wedge? 

Guest sibon
30 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Your simple respectful questions with no included insults, are a little late, now that everybody is asking them!

Welcome aboard, matey!

Lol

Maybe you should read my post again. And a few of the preceding ones. I'm questioning the FOI request that the deniers have latched onto in desperation.

31 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

This thread is just going round and round in circles

Pretty much all Covid threads start doing that, or have done up to now. It is a bit different now because there is now so much evidence all these suppression measures are of dubious benefit.

But the reason they start going round in circles is because so much of this is not about science or rationality, no, it's more about :

1 - People's risk aversion and their knowledge of risk probability.
2 - People's attitude to personal freedom, and, more significantly, to other people's personal freedom.
3 - People's attitude to the relative importance of length of life v quality of life.
4 - People's attitude to, and acceptance of, death.

So we are arguing with people over subjective stuff that people have different opinions on. We might as well start debating who is the most attractive woman on TV, on no we can't, that's probably considered unacceptable these days....

Edited by Chekhov

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It seems at least 100 head teachers have so far said they will ignore advice and keep masking children, backed by the unions.

I didn't realise an education union would know so little about children and development and so much about epidemiology.

Actually, they don't know that much about the latter anyway :

Covid: Evidence on face masks in schools 'inconclusive'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59895934

Masks to stay in many secondary schools despite England rule change

Headteachers across England say they plan to encourage pupils to keep wearing masks during Omicron spread

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2022/jan/20/masks-to-stay-in-many-secondary-schools-despite-england-rule-change

If my lad were at one of those schools he would have my permission to tell them to 'Eff off

Do you push your views on your lad ?

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

Maybe you should read my post again. And a few of the preceding ones. I'm questioning the FOI request that the deniers have latched onto in desperation.

I assume he means Covid deniers ?

They really do come out with some BS don't they.

Who are all these Covid deniers ?

I have never met one, they are attacking strawmen because they are losing the argument.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Are you kidding ? Have you got any kids ?!?

He makes his own mind up about everything, often deliberately disagreeing with his parents, which is exactly how it should be.

He still thinks it's a big over reaction, even at 9, and has no intention of wearing a mask or getting the vaccine (which, at 9. he quite obviously does not need).

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Zinger549 said:

I'm not deluded. But you can't accept other peoples opinion if they don't agree with you. 

I can accept other people's opinions on subjective matters, preferably subjective matters where their attitudes do not have a negative effect on me.

As regards your opinion that suppression measures have been successful in saving lives, a large enough number of lives to make them worthwhile (bearing in mind their massive social and economic cost), what evidence have you got for that ?

The stats already seem to indicate :

If it does indeed turn out to be the case that 50,000 cancer patients have died sooner than they otherwise would because of lockdown, and, it is reasonable to assume, their average age was significantly lower then than average age of those dying from Covid, then, in terms of lost years of life, lockdown has saved, er, zero lives. In fact we might be in deficit already.....

Edited by Chekhov

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I assume he means Covid deniers ?

They really do come out with some BS don't they.

Who are all these Covid deniers ?

I have never met one, they are attacking strawmen because they are losing the argument.

Are you kidding ? Have you got any kids ?!?

He makes his own mind up about everything, often deliberately disagreeing with his parents, which is exactly how it should be.

He still thinks it's a big over reaction, even at 9, and has no intention of wearing a mask or getting the vaccine (which, at 9. he quite obviously does not need).

9 years old and thinking about Covid, masks and the vaccine. Wonder why he’s thinking about those things 

Edited by hackey lad

Just now, hackey lad said:

9 years old and thinking about Covid, masks and the vaccine. Wonder why he’s thinking about those things 

Probably because for the last 22 months, the world has revolved around those things?

9 year olds arent thick. My 9 year old niece certainly isnt.

Edited by HeHasRisen

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

... He still thinks it's a big over reaction, even at 9, and has no intention of wearing a mask or getting the vaccine (which, at 9. he quite obviously does not need).

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It's a mystery for the ages.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

He does not spend much time at all thinking about all that, which I take as a success from a parental point of view. Right from the start we told hem he was at no risk whatsoever (despite what the moderators on SF at that time were deleting.....) and he should just ignore it all.

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

We might as well start debating who is the most attractive woman on TV

Debate over 😍

Nigella-Lawson-7.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Debate over 😍

Nigella-Lawson-7.jpg

You are a sexist scumbag Jack (apparently).