COVID THREAD

3 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Is this the new slogan to try and make people feel guilty? 

Yes and so you should. Deaths of young healthy people, ruinous economy, NHS crumbling and who know what damage you've all done to you health with the vaccine. I hope you don't expect NHS treatment.

300,000 Booster doses given by Sheffield nhs

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Yes and so you should. Deaths of young healthy people, ruinous economy, NHS crumbling and who know what damage you've all done to you health with the vaccine. I hope you don't expect NHS treatment.

Nope I'm pretty cool with all of that. 

Thankfully I don't need NHS treatment because......wait for it............the vaccine. 

You're welcome

I have read Dr.Karol Sikora's frequent contributions in The Daily Express since the early days of the pandemic and got much reassurance from his comments along the way. He recognised the importance of measures taken when it's severity was at its height and then praised the vaccine rollout. As a leading Oncologist his emphasis then went towards others,particularly diagnosis of cancers when he argued strongly for more resources for mainstream services which were being disrupted for a number of reasons including lockouts and test and trace failures. I have full sympathy with his views and its good to see that there is an acceptable expert out there apparently.

Just now, Delayed said:

Nope I'm pretty cool with all of that. 

Thankfully I don't need NHS treatment because......wait for it............the vaccine. 

You're welcome

You are ill, not in a physical way, yet, but you're ill.

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

You are ill, not in a physical way, yet, but you're ill.

Thankfully you have no medial basis for that pure assertion. 

Though I'd say that if I was ill I don't think that NHS Blood Donation would be so willing to take my blood from me.

'Lockdown was the worst policy decision in peace time' | Mike Graham and Francis Hoar

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

'Lockdown was the worst policy decision in peace time' | Mike Graham and Francis Hoar

Hahahaha.

Mike Graham.

Concrete Mike. I don't think we need to take him seriously.

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

Hahahaha.

Mike Graham.

hahaha , what a pudding 

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Lateral flow testing has been around for decades-its glorified chromatography.

You can test for a huge range of things from foods, mineral, medicines, drugs, blood, diseases, poisons, even groups of things-anything chemical really.

They can be quick and cheap or very accurate and expensive.

You make them for a specific Coronavirus or a whole range of Coronaviruses(if you needed to detect a new variety or even type).

They can be designed to measure quantity as well.

Thanks Annie. I have some experience of chromatography and get the feeling these mass-produced LFTs probably fall into your "quick and cheap" category and may be detecting the presence of other coronaviruses in some people. This could be why so many positive-testers are asymptomatic. 

9 minutes ago, sibon said:

Hahahaha.

Mike Graham.

HahaHa yes you can 🤣