COVID THREAD

9 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I don't think many places will demand masks or VPs, and if they do it is the duty of all of us to avoid those establishments.

For rational thinking adults it's their duty to weigh up their own circumstances and determine the risk and wear a mask if they so choose. 

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Getting rid of masks in hospitals and care homes is the final step which I desperately hope they take, but fear they may not, ever.

It cannot be pleasant for the staff or the patients or residents, but, arguably, whilst still in regular everyday use they are like a cancer, ready to spread back at the drop of a respiratory virus's hat.......

BTW, I was talking to a doctor who works in a hospital just an hour ago, she explained that surgeons wear masks to protect themselves from splashes of bodily fluids etc, it's not really for anything to do with breathing out respiratory viruses.

Let's hope surgeons aren't "pig ugly" either

34 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

Masks in public have never been about "your" need.

No?

What have they been about then?

24 minutes ago, zach said:

OK, so you do agree there is a pandemic that kills people, but you don't agree with how it's been handled with respect of the jabs, masks etc etc? 

My thoughts were. With the health problems I have, do what I can to limit serious illness. Nothing more, nothing less.

You decided that the jabs and masks were not needed?

About right?  Genuine questions, and my reason. The same as you're entitled to your reasons.

I think he was referring to the stupid overreactions like stopping people buying baby clothes in supermarkets, making people go round them one way so if you forgot something you had to go round again and spend more time in there, people being criminalised for sitting on park benches in the open air....I could go on.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Getting rid of masks in hospitals and care homes is the final step which I desperately hope they take, but fear they may not, ever.

It cannot be pleasant for the staff or the patients or residents, but, arguably, whilst still in regular everyday use they are like a cancer, ready to spread back at the drop of a respiratory virus's hat.......

BTW, I was talking to a doctor who works in a hospital just an hour ago, she explained that surgeons wear masks to protect themselves from splashes of bodily fluids etc, it's not really for anything to do with breathing out respiratory viruses.

Still trying to kill off the extremely vulnerable.

All these doctors, postmen , pool managers, females all seem to back you, amazing where do you pull them all out from? i could guess but it's a family forum 

26 minutes ago, zach said:

OK, so you do agree there is a pandemic that kills people. 

Snipped 

No. I accept covid exists.. 

However its been weaponized to cause fear and harm. 

Like the flu, some people (old, fragile, underlying illness etc)  die with it. 

The 99+% are fine and will carry on as normal. The massive global overreactions have been the stuff of nightmares and it isn't finished yet. 

Covid is real. 

The reaction is farcical. 

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The 99+% are fine and will carry on as normal. The massive global overreactions have been the stuff of nightmares and it isn't finished yet. 

Covid is real. 

Totally agree

We have spent £500bn in just under 2 years and a lot of people have got rich

And a lot of doctors and professors are now loving the limelight

There are a lot of people who wanted the overreaction and a lot of people who wanted it to never end

The real damage will now come to light of the millions of people who will die on undiagnosed illnesses, the people who wil die while waiting for treatment and the stories of people who have committed suicide

90% of 70 million people had all their rights and freedoms taken from them to protect 10% of the population 

Edited by Jack Grey

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Covid is real. 

I agree there has been far too much scaremongering.

As i said, i have health issues, so i got the jabs. Not taking into account the scaremongering, don't you think the jab would be a good idea just for that extra bit of cover, like the flu jab. We all get to an age where they recommend the flu jab. Would it be a bad thing to get antibodies built up against COVID a bit earlier in life?

It comes down to choice, just a thought.

Just now, zach said:

As i said, i have health issues, so i got the jabs. Not taking into account the scaremongering, don't you think the jab would be a good idea just for that extra bit of cover, like the flu jab. We all get to an age where they recommend the flu jab. Would it be a bad thing to get antibodies built up against COVID a bit earlier in life?

My bold. 

No. I don't. Despite what some tell you it's not past all its trials yet 

And let's say it has passed trials (in just weeks, not years) there is NO long term safety data. 

None! 

If anyone wants it, have it. 

Good luck to you. 

And if I'm wrong I can take the jab at a later date. 

But if I'm right and the jab is dangerous and the continuous boosters are just as dangerous then there is zero you can do about. You can't have it taken out of your body. 

3 minutes ago, zach said:

Yes.

If the vaccine had been a free choice, there would never have been a problem. The coercion used in this country [unvaxxed people losing their jobs] and the legal compulsion used in other countries were very wrong.

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I think he was referring to the stupid overreactions like stopping people buying baby clothes in supermarkets, making people go round them one way so if you forgot something you had to go round again and spend more time in there, people being criminalised for sitting on park benches in the open air....I could go on.

Agreed, some were down right stupid and only extended any exposure. as for the 2 girls (I think) that got nicked for having a coffee on a park bench...beyond belief!

6 minutes ago, zach said:

My 17 year old (at the time) daughter was phoned and offered the flu jab as well as the jab. 

So what age did you have in mind? 

Edited by The_DADDY

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold. 

No. I don't. Despite what some tell you it's not past all its trials yet 

And let's say it has passed trials (in just weeks, not years) there is NO long term safety data. 

None! 

If anyone wants it, have it. 

Good luck to you. 

And if I'm wrong I can take the jab at a later date. 

But if I'm right and the jab is dangerous and the continuous boosters are just as dangerous then there is zero you can do about. You can't have it taken out of your body. 

I wouldn't worry. All those that have had their booster were supposed to have died off by now.