COVID THREAD

35 minutes ago, fools said:

My comment was factual. You are obviously not familiar with the guidance present on many venues websites before plan B.

The government guidance to wear masks inside in large venues remains, venues normally re-iterate that guidance.

I think Khan will keep mandates going in London on the London Underground etc

And Scotland and Wales wont want to give up the power they have stolen

But that's politics not common sense

Edited by Jack Grey

It's all shady contemptuous politics, the govt manipulated venues into implementing covid certification without it being a legal requirement.

They aren't all going to drop it next Thursday. Masks will probably go back to optional, (but recommended), and often mandatory for staff.

Edited by fools

Just now, Anna B said:

All covid regulations are to be dropped, as of next week.

No masks, no passports into venues, and no more regular testing. 

Good, 

But please note, as far as I know, the measures that were brought in still remain on the statute books...

It is good for individuals to decide to do what they think is right for them.

There seems to be at least as many people on the radio saying that they do not agree with a total removal of the mask mandates.That includes the general public and medical  people.

So we shall see next Thursday how the public react.

Whatever,it is their decision and for their own reasons.

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Scamdemic

If it hadn't caused so many deaths, I'd laugh.

Cause of death...Scamdemic.

Pathetic!

55 minutes ago, fools said:

As suspected, the legally mandated covid pass and mask requirement has gone, (for now), but venues are still allowed to mandate them. So we are in the same "show us your papers" position as just before xmas.

You've been sold a pup again. How long did that narrative last. 5 hours.

Yes, unfortunately, despite the removal of legal compulsion, it did seem to be saying that organisations could still maintain 'measures' if they choose. IMO, it should be illegal for organisations to insist on masks or proof of vaccination.

Given the virtue signalling opportunities, delusion and bureaucrats, I expect some will want to continue to impose the silly measures on people; however, I expect that organisations with competitors will quickly shed them, for the obvious reason that most customers will simply take their custom to places where they don't have to jump through stupid hoops.

2 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It is good for individuals to decide to do what they think is right for them.

Which 'experts' will you be following, the one's who say wear masks, or the ones who don't.

As I have said before I am pretty ambivalent on mask wearing .

I think that the high grade of masks may give a marginal degree of protection to both the wearer and others.

So if I am required to wear a mask ,shopping,concerts or because whoever I am visiting prefers that I do I have done so.

On the same basis I would not stop doing something that I enjoy just because a mask is required.That would include air travel as I still think they might require it for a while yet

8 minutes ago, fools said:

Which 'experts' will you be following, the one's who say wear masks, or the ones who don't.

I am not obsessed with masks one way or the other

10 minutes ago, fools said:

My mask went into the bin today

Ive been treble jabbed so i dont need it

Odd stuff going on. Not quoting the post I want.

Anyway...

Very convenient snipping there. (last reply)

I will, thank you.

Edited by zach
Odd quote

Just now, zach said:

Very convenient snipping there. 

I will, thank you.

Typing Snipped indicates I've removed something. That way anyone who wants to see what's been removed can do so and they can also see I'm hiding nothing, just focusing on a particular part of the quote. 

Unlike when you quoted me then removed part of my post to change its meaning. 

Sleep tight 😘

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

My mask went into the bin today

Ive been treble jabbed so i dont need it

Good because the only mask wearers that I have an issue with is those that chuck them on the pavement

2 minutes ago, RJRB said:

As I have said before I am pretty ambivalent on mask wearing .

But you are not ambivalent on the views of 'experts' who you think should always be believed and trusted over the opinion of the man on the street.

So, which expert is right, the one who said masks, the one who said no masks, or the one who changes their mind depending on which way the wind is blowing.