COVID THREAD

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No they are attacking you for calling someone “ pig ugly “

This

4 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Deaths from covid in the UK are 17,000. They've been lying all along.

Attribution ?

Give us all a laugh

No they are attacking you for calling someone “ pig ugly “

She is not on this forum nor personally sending me a message.

I would not speculate she was pig ugly to her face, not because I am two faced, but because I would not want to possibly upset her, not for that anyway. I would argue with her, and possibly upset her, over her ludicrous attitude to masks. But, just so long as she doesn't make me wear a mask, nor even put pressure on anyone to make me do so, she can do what she wants.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I would not speculate she was pig ugly to her face, not because I am two faced, but because I would not want to possibly upset her, not for that anyway. I would argue with her, and possibly upset her, over her ludicrous attitude to masks. But, just so long as she doesn't make me wear a mask, nor even put pressure on anyone to make me do so, she can do what she wants.

I'm sorry I was wrong, you absolute Saint.

Should 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

I'm sorry I was wrong, you absolute Saint.

I hope he warns his lad about loose comments on social media.They have a tendency to bounce back at you

33 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

“Pig ugly “ . Classy and showings your true colours 

I would not speculate she was pig ugly to her face, not because I am two faced, but because I would not want to possibly upset her, not for that anyway. I would argue with her, and possibly upset her, over her ludicrous attitude to masks. But, just so long as she doesn't make me wear a mask, nor even put pressure on anyone to make me do so, she can do what she wants.

8 minutes ago, RJRB said:

But these are well outside your remit or pay grade 

Don't you mean IQ

21 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Europe : Draconian mask mandates and vaccine passports (both in many countries) :

Covid: WHO warns pandemic not over amid Europe case records

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60048390

France reported nearly half a million new daily cases on Tuesday.

For the first time since the start of the pandemic, more than 100,000 new infections were recorded in Germany within 24 hours on Wednesday.

V

UK : No mask mandate from July to November and not that serious after that, no vaccine passport to December and a bit of a joke of one after that (about to be scrapped anyway)

UK could be among the first countries to emerge from Covid pandemic, top scientist says [and the WHO on Monday]

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/uk-could-be-first-country-to-emerge-from-pandemic-expert-says.html

The U.K. could be one of the first countries to emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic, according to one leading scientist.
The U.K. was criticized by many for its reluctance to introduce more Covid rules in the face of the omicron variant.
Professor David Heymann of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine said that “the U.K is the closest to any country in being out of the pandemic if it isn’t already out of the pandemic and having the disease as endemic.”

That is not the conclusion I would draw from those articles, apart from vaccines, thus I would not agree with what you have concluded.

Have you any theories as to the actual causal mechanisms by which masking and the other measures seems to have increased cases in those other countries?

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Love it.

You can tell suppressionists are on the run because they are attacking the messenger......

I'd forget about getting anything remotely rational from the suppressionists at the moment- they've got nothing. They were prone to mainly ad hominem attacks even before this novel demonstration of sanity from the authorities, so from now on I'm guessing they'll be throwing even more.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I would not speculate she was pig ugly to her face, not because I am two faced, but because I would not want to possibly upset her, not for that anyway. I would argue with her, and possibly upset her, over her ludicrous attitude to masks. But, just so long as she doesn't make me wear a mask, nor even put pressure on anyone to make me do so, she can do what she wants.

She might do

11 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Ah, ok. You're wrong to assume the imposition of controls wasn't about health though. There's nothing Boris Johnson wouldn't do to save his own skin, including risking crashing the NHS. Hell, he'd throw his own baby under a bus to save himself 

I will never allow anyone to use the NHS to control my freedoms ever again

The NHS is a public service.....not a religion

The days of blaming its failings on politicians is coming to an end

Edited by Jack Grey

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

Should 

I hope he warns his lad about loose comments on social media.They have a tendency to bounce back at you

For some people, it does appear there are some creepy online stalkers out there (one for certain)......

I can honestly say, even if someone were being personally offensive towards me (and I have not done that), I would not be trawling the internet trying to drag up irrelevant postings from other forums, or even the same forum.

But there are some weird people about I suppose.

BTW, I cannot think of anything I have put on the internet that I could not still support.

Just now, steve68 said:

Don't you mean IQ

He's just the labourer on the shop floor telling the MD and finance director where they are going wrong.Loud but no more.