COVID THREAD

Just now, steve68 said:

I reckon it could  be a nasty shade of yellow, given how often he puts down women he doesn't know , must make him feel big.

Or green, red, purple...we know he likes colours

7 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Remind ourselves that we are in a pandemic with estimates of Global deaths in the range of 12-22 million making Covid nearly 10 times worse than any pandemic since 1920. Nature 18 January 2022

Excess deaths covers a multitude of issues because that includes people who have died because of the suppression policies and I think that particular group will continue to grow for years after the pandemic is over......

Nobody is trying to argue that Covid has been a massive problem, but the response has been totally disproportionate.

Even if 10 million died and all were due to Covid and none due to the suppression that's only 1 in 800 people, the great majority of whom would have been towards the end of their lives, which does matter.

4 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Or green, red, purple...we know he likes colours

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

Got the crayons out again

Love it.

You can tell suppressionists are on the run because they are attacking the messenger......

13 minutes ago, Delbow said:

You do know this is just to try and get Johnson out of a hole don't you

Yes i do.....as i already said in the post i wrote earlier below 👍

Cant we just enjoy the moment though? 

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Boris thinks that this will make people forget what has happen over the last few weeks

But hes messed up

All it proves is that 'Plan B' was purely political and not about the science if he can just end it to save his own backside 

Edited by Jack Grey

4 hours ago, RJRB said:

It seems that today you have found some experts that you agree with,or should I say agree with you.

Thats a step in a reasonable direction in that it shows that your views have been represented in the past and sometimes been countered and out voted by others

I am certain that many of those over "experts" with their doom mongering predictions will start up with "I never said this would happen I said it might happen, and nor did I necessarily agree with what policies my predictions generated".

CCP now reports 5 cases in Beijing. One office block has been sealed with the workers inside. they're probably lying about the numbers, again.  The won't say what strain 3 of the cases are. Nobody knows what it is, outside China yet.

There is going to be major supply chain issues. Stock up.

2 hours ago, fools said:

Covid passes weren't law in July, when the PM made his "by the end of September (you'll need to be vaccinated for entry)" threat.

It didn't stop venues from implementing them as a condition of entry.

They need to be legally outlawed forever, not just dropped (for now) or moved into wishy-washy guidance territory.

Agree completely, despite the fact I am vaccinated.

One wonders if the requirement for NHS and care home staff to be vaccinated will be quietly abandoned, I hope so.

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Excess deaths covers a multitude of issues because that includes people who have died because of the suppression policies and I think that particular group will continue to grow for years after the pandemic is over......

Nobody is trying to argue that Covid has been a massive problem, but the response has been totally disproportionate.

Even if 10 million died and all were due to Covid and none due to the suppression that's only 1 in 800 people, the great majority of whom would have been towards the end of their lives, which does matter.

Love it.

You can tell suppressionists are on the run because they are attacking the messenger......

No they are attacking you for calling someone “ pig ugly “

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Yes i do.....as i already said in the post i wrote earlier below 👍

Cant we just enjoy the moment though? 

Ah, ok. You're wrong to assume the imposition of controls wasn't about health though. There's nothing Boris Johnson wouldn't do to save his own skin, including risking crashing the NHS. Hell, he'd throw his own baby under a bus to save himself 

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

CCP now reports 5 cases in Beijing. One office block has been sealed with the workers inside. they're probably lying about the numbers, again.  The won't say what strain 3 of the cases are. Nobody knows what it is, outside China yet.

There is going to be major supply chain issues. Stock up.

I really cannot understand what the Chinese are doing, it makes no sense. They cannot get to zero Covid and even if they could they would have to completely shut the borders forever. Utter madness.

I think this previous post I put on sums it :

I think it's also the Left do not want to admit that government power is limited. If they admit that the government cannot (on balance) do much to alleviate the suffering of the population from Covid (other than vaccines, which are arguably not - mainly- within a government's power), there is an inference that governments cannot do much else to change or improve society either....

The Chinese Government's reaction to Covid is an extreme example of that. They have even more draconian (and powerful) tools to suppress Covid (by suppressing their population) and they must be seen to use them to bolster the idea of the all powerful state can pretty much do anything. Ironically, even if the conspiracy theorists are wrong and the Chinese did not release Cobvid on the world, their secretive reaction to it, trying (ironically) to suppress the fact of Covid, may well have caused the whole nightmare. Could Covid have been stopped then ? It certainly was not as infectious as it is now (see Diamond Princess, the Delta variant would have spread much faster and thus killed many more on that boat).

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Agree completely, despite the fact I am vaccinated.

One wonders if the requirement for NHS and care home staff to be vaccinated will be quietly abandoned, I hope so.

Yes there are a lot of strands to be tied up and considered ,as there were over the course,so far of the pandemic. But these are well outside your remit or pay grade