COVID THREAD

To The Daddy,

Thank you for that link to the Video.

In you opinion.What do you think they are trying to 

achieve, by subjecting those children to that procedure?

Edited by petemcewan

Top 50 farcical Covid moments (I know many of you would rather not be reminded of some of this, but trust me, many (not all.......) are really funny) :  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/2022/01/18/pilloried-lockdown-sceptic-now-clear-right-quite-things/

1. “Church yesterday. Wafer but no wine for communion. Service followed by wine and biscuits to mark the vicar’s retirement.”

2. “The one where you could work in a control room with multiple people for 12 hours then be breaking the law if you sat on a bench drinking coffee with one of them.”

3. “Forming a socially distanced queue at the airport before being sardined into a packed plane with the same people, two hours later.”

4. “Swings in our local park put into quarantine or removed – even though children were barely at risk from Covid as swings were outside.”

5. “No butterfly stroke allowed while swimming.”

6. “Pubs with no volume on the TV.”

7. “Not allowing people to sit on a park bench. My elderly aunt kept fit by walking her dog every day, but she needed to rest. Since that rule, she stopped going out. She went downhill and died last April.”

8. “I got thrown out of a McDonald’s for refusing to stand on a yellow circle. I was the only customer.”

9. “Yellow and black hazard tape across public seats and benches outdoors.”

10. “I’m stuck in the infant in-patient ward with my nine-day-old sick baby, post C-section, unable to look after him. My husband (same household) is not allowed to be here with us. I’m having panic attacks, which is preventing me from producing milk for the baby.”

11. “I was advised by a council worker to keep my dog on a lead because people might stop to pet her and congregate too closely.”

12. “My bed-ridden mother-in-law with dementia in a care home where only ‘window visits’ were allowed. Mum was on the first floor. Had to wait for someone to die on the ground floor so she could be moved down there and finally seen by her family. After 12 months.”

13. “Two people allowed to go for a walk on a golf course. If they took clubs and balls, it was a criminal offence.”

14. “The one-way system in my local pub, which meant that to visit the loo you had to make a circular journey through the building, ensuring you passed every table.”

15. “My dad was failing in his care home. We weren’t allowed to visit him until the doctor judged he was end-of-life care because of one positive case in the home. We had 24 hours with him before he passed.”

16. “People falling down the escalator on the Underground because they were frightened of touching the handrails – even though you couldn’t get Covid from surfaces.”

17. “Rule of Six. My wife and I have three children so we could meet either my wife’s mum or her dad, but not both at the same time.”

18. “Nobody solved an airborne virus transmission with a one-way system in Tesco.”

19. “How about not being allowed for several months – by law – to play tennis outdoors with my own wife? We’d have been further apart from each other on court than in our own home.”

20. “On two occasions, I was stopped and questioned while taking flowers to my mother’s grave. One time, a police officer even asked for my mum’s name. No idea what he would have done with that information.”

21. “Birmingham City Council cutting the grass in two-metre strips – so the weeds could social-distance?”

22. “Northampton police checking supermarket baskets for non-essential items.”

23. “All the children at school were asked to bring in a favourite book, but it had to be quarantined for two days before being ‘exposed’ to the rest of the class.”

24. “Dr Hilary on Good Morning Britain advising people to wear masks on the beach – and that it would be a good idea to swim in the sea with one on, too.”

25. “Gyms and exercise classes forced to close, but fast-food outlets remained open.”

26. “They taped off every other urinal in my workplace.”

27. “Sign on the inside of work bathroom door: close toilet lid before flushing to prevent plumes of Covid-19.”

28. “We held our carol service in a local park, but had to send out invitations by word of mouth, rather than email, so we’d have plausible deniability if stopped by police.”

29. “Having to wear a disposable apron and gloves while visiting my mother in a care home, while she was on the other side of a floor-to-ceiling Perspex wall.”

30. “Scotch eggs. You couldn’t drink in a pub unless you also had a ‘substantial’ meal.”

31. “Testing of totally healthy people and making them stop work based on a questionable positive test result, when they have no symptoms, creating NHS staff shortages, cancelled operations. Things that, you know, actually kill people…”

32. “My son works in the NHS on the Covid ward and could go to the local Sainsbury's for his lunch. But when we were ill and isolating at home, he had to isolate as well – for 10 days.”

33. “My eight-year-old granddaughter telling me they weren’t allowed to sing Happy Birthday at school for her friend’s ninth birthday.”

34. “It was illegal to see your parents in their back garden, but legal to meet them in a pub garden with lots of other people.”

35. “I had to abandon my weekly choir practice – but my husband was allowed to sing as a spectator at a football match.”

36. “They removed all the bins in Regent's Park and Hampstead Heath.”

37. “Having a flask of tea or coffee on a walk meant it was classified as a picnic – and thus verboten.”

38. “Bring your own biro to a dental appointment to fill in a form declaring you do not have Covid.”

39. “My neighbour refused to hang the washing out to dry – they thought the sheets might catch Covid and infect them.”

40. “My 12-year-old had to sit alone at her grandfather’s funeral – her first experience of one – even though we drove there together and hugged outside. There were three officials watching us all to ensure we didn’t break the rules.”

41. “We could only go outdoors once a day for exercise.”

42. “In pubs, wearing a mask to get from the door to the table, and the table to the toilet – but not wearing a mask while sitting down.”

43. “People in a Tier 3 area walking two minutes down the road for a pint in Tier 2.”

44. “In Wales, supermarkets were allowed to stay open, but the aisles containing children’s clothing and books were taped off. Because buying a baby’s jumper is so much more perilous than picking up a pint of milk.”

45. “The pallbearers all but threw my mother’s coffin in the grave and ran away. They had her down as a Covid death, but she died of cancer.”

46. “The one-way systems around supermarkets that led to people being forced into parts they didn’t want to be in, making them spend more time in the shop – while Covid simply circulated over the top of the shelves.”

47. “Children abandoned by social services and left in the clutches of terrible parents.”

48. “Police breaking into our student house and pinning my girlfriend by the neck up against the wall. I said: ‘This is England – you’re not allowed to do that.’”

49. “Residents of care homes forgetting who they were during the long months when family were not allowed to visit them.”

50. “Dying alone. How many died alone? How many?”

Could someone remind me, are we all in agreement that, right from the start, the government have deliberately tried to frighten people so as to encourage compliance with their suppression strategy ? It's been 100% obvious to me right from when they came out with "this virus is indiscriminate" (and it got worse after that, far worse....).

But, for any who remain to be convinced :

Downing Street’s controversial ‘Nudge Unit’ accused of exploiting scare tactics during Covid crisis
‘Level of fear willingly conveyed on the public’ to get people to change their behaviour was a ‘far-reaching mistake’, says co-founder

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/13/downing-streets-controversial-nudge-unit-accused-exploiting/

Scare tactics have been misused during the pandemic to get the public to follow coronavirus lockdown rules, the co-founder of Downing Street’s “Nudge Unit” has suggested.

Simon Ruda, a behavioural scientist, said he feared the “most egregious and far-reaching mistake” made during the Covid-19 crisis was the “level of fear willingly conveyed on the public”.

While defending behavioural science for driving improvements in public policy, Mr Ruda said he now appreciated the “vulnerabilities of well-intentioned, democratic regimes” and the ability for the field to be “used inappropriately”.

In an article published by the website Unherd, he went on to warn that this trend could have unintended consequences, including worse “inter-societal relations” and a decline in trust of “institutions”.

'We inadvertently sanctioned state propaganda'
He said: “Nudging made subtle state influence palatable, but mixed with a state of emergency, have we inadvertently sanctioned state propaganda.

Launched under David Cameron's administration in 2010, the Behavioural Insights Team was seen widely as a Whitehall success. Hundreds of similar initiatives have been launched across the world since.

Mr Ruda’s intervention comes just weeks after Lord Frost, the former Brexit minister and chief negotiator, quit the Government - citing his unwillingness to continue supporting its “coercive policies on Covid”.

His resignation followed the introduction of a number of new restrictions including Covid passports, requiring people to show proof of vaccination or a negative test before entering a large venue, such as a nightclub.

Lord Frost’s departure has been partially credited with emboldening a number of Cabinet ministers, who have in recent weeks railed against calls from scientists and the Government’s advisers for further measures.

Appearing to echo his concerns, Mr Ruda wrote that he feared that the strategy employed at the beginning of the pandemic to boost public compliance appeared to have continued throughout the crisis.

“Though I don’t think it’s fair to blame behavioural scientists for propagating fear (I suspect that this was more to do with government communicators and the incentives of news broadcasters), it may be worth reflecting on where we need to draw the line.

“In my mind, the most egregious and far-reaching mistake made in responding to the pandemic has been the level of fear willingly conveyed on the public.

“Initially encouraged to boost public compliance, that fear seems to have subsequently driven policy decisions in a worrying feedback loop.”

He added that while “behavioural science in policy can help us improve people’s lives", there should not be complacency over "the potential for unintended harm”.

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Can anyone watch this video and tell this is right? 

Can anyone put their hand on their heart and say that child deserves to be treated like that? 

This is just sick. 

Warning.. The video is not easy to watch.....

https://twitter.com/prof_freedom/status/1482019804177391625?s=20

3 times a week those poor babies in Germany will be subjected to that. 

3 times a week. I'm so upset by this, it's cruel and evil. 

I put the video in perspective. A scared child, a woman/nurse that maybe is putting the swab up his nose a bit too far and roughly. Any parent knows that children cry at a small injection that we would brush off as nothing (unless you have a fear of them). IMO it's just another over-reaction video that's posted to get more anti vaccine people shouting 'cruelty' to children/ The Vac is useless. 

Put the video in context, the young boy is just scared. It's a nose swab, nothing more! 

What does get me thinking is when a person thinks a cotton bud is an evil thing. Very strange!

14 minutes ago, zach said:

I put the video in perspective. A scared child, a woman/nurse that maybe is putting the swab up his nose a bit too far and roughly. Any parent knows that children cry at a small injection that we would brush off as nothing (unless you have a fear of them). IMO it's just another over-reaction video that's posted to get more anti vaccine people shouting 'cruelty' to children/ The Vac is useless. 

Put the video in context, the young boy is just scared. It's a nose swab, nothing more! 

What does get me thinking is when a person thinks a cotton bud is an evil thing. Very strange!

It's all nothing more than propaganda

18 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Irrelevant though, as that applies to flights to any destination, so-

Still stands.....and I'm guessing it will be Turkey :)

I and several others have been going on about that distinction almost from the very start- the hysterical response was to label us as 'conspiracy theorists'!!

It has been a frustrating time for those of us who questioned the data from the beginning.

The Death Toll count was started during Trump's term in office, and the Trump haters rode Trump's alleged "mismanagement" narrative all the way to election victory. They and their pals in the Media had no interest in breaking down the numbers into a simple "with" or "due to".

The fact that their "experts" played along, and never cautioned the public that the numbers were inflated, led the a general mistrust.

Those of us who did question the data, were demonized, as "conspiracy theorists", and worse.

Only now, when Biden is in office, and those same numbers are going through the roof, do they need to downplay Biden's own accountability for the fiasco, by starting to qualify the data. So the "narrative" changes again. By the November mid term elections, they plan to have the country back to some kind of normalcy, so they will be celebrating "the beginning of the end of this scourge". Take a bow, Joe!

"By the way our Intelligence Reports say there's no way we can ever know for certain how the Communist China Virus got started, so move along citizen!"

No conspiracy, it is just politics as usual!

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

It has been a frustrating time for those of us who questioned the data from the beginning.

The Death Toll count was started during Trump's term in office, and the Trump haters rode Trump's alleged "mismanagement" narrative all the way to election victory. They and their pals in the Media had no interest in breaking down the numbers into a simple "with" or "due to".

The fact that their "experts" played along, and never cautioned the public that the numbers were inflated, led the a general mistrust.

Those of us who did question the data, were demonized, as "conspiracy theorists", and worse.

Only now, when Biden is in office, and those same numbers are going through the roof, do they need to downplay Biden's own accountability for the fiasco, by starting to qualify the data. So the "narrative" changes again. By the November mid term elections, they plan to have the country back to some kind of normalcy, so they will be celebrating "the beginning of the end of this scourge". Take a bow, Joe!

"By the way our Intelligence Reports say there's no way we can ever know for certain how the Communist China Virus got started, so move along citizen!"

No conspiracy, it is just politics as usual!

Are you still a pal of trumps even though he advocates the vaccine?

59 minutes ago, zach said:

It's a nose swab, nothing more! 

"Is it safe?"

2 minutes ago, fools said:

"Is it safe?"

swabbing is completely standard and safe procedure

1 minute ago, steve68 said:

swabbing is completely standard and safe procedure

Pay attention

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Top 50 farcical Covid moments (I know many of you would rather not be reminded of some of this, but trust me, many (not all.......) are really funny) :  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/2022/01/18/pilloried-lockdown-sceptic-now-clear-right-quite-things/

1. “Church yesterday. Wafer but no wine for communion. Service followed by wine and biscuits to mark the vicar’s retirement.”

2. “The one where you could work in a control room with multiple people for 12 hours then be breaking the law if you sat on a bench drinking coffee with one of them.”

3. “Forming a socially distanced queue at the airport before being sardined into a packed plane with the same people, two hours later.”

4. “Swings in our local park put into quarantine or removed – even though children were barely at risk from Covid as swings were outside.”

5. “No butterfly stroke allowed while swimming.”

6. “Pubs with no volume on the TV.”

7. “Not allowing people to sit on a park bench. My elderly aunt kept fit by walking her dog every day, but she needed to rest. Since that rule, she stopped going out. She went downhill and died last April.”

8. “I got thrown out of a McDonald’s for refusing to stand on a yellow circle. I was the only customer.”

9. “Yellow and black hazard tape across public seats and benches outdoors.”

10. “I’m stuck in the infant in-patient ward with my nine-day-old sick baby, post C-section, unable to look after him. My husband (same household) is not allowed to be here with us. I’m having panic attacks, which is preventing me from producing milk for the baby.”

11. “I was advised by a council worker to keep my dog on a lead because people might stop to pet her and congregate too closely.”

12. “My bed-ridden mother-in-law with dementia in a care home where only ‘window visits’ were allowed. Mum was on the first floor. Had to wait for someone to die on the ground floor so she could be moved down there and finally seen by her family. After 12 months.”

13. “Two people allowed to go for a walk on a golf course. If they took clubs and balls, it was a criminal offence.”

14. “The one-way system in my local pub, which meant that to visit the loo you had to make a circular journey through the building, ensuring you passed every table.”

15. “My dad was failing in his care home. We weren’t allowed to visit him until the doctor judged he was end-of-life care because of one positive case in the home. We had 24 hours with him before he passed.”

16. “People falling down the escalator on the Underground because they were frightened of touching the handrails – even though you couldn’t get Covid from surfaces.”

17. “Rule of Six. My wife and I have three children so we could meet either my wife’s mum or her dad, but not both at the same time.”

18. “Nobody solved an airborne virus transmission with a one-way system in Tesco.”

19. “How about not being allowed for several months – by law – to play tennis outdoors with my own wife? We’d have been further apart from each other on court than in our own home.”

20. “On two occasions, I was stopped and questioned while taking flowers to my mother’s grave. One time, a police officer even asked for my mum’s name. No idea what he would have done with that information.”

21. “Birmingham City Council cutting the grass in two-metre strips – so the weeds could social-distance?”

22. “Northampton police checking supermarket baskets for non-essential items.”

23. “All the children at school were asked to bring in a favourite book, but it had to be quarantined for two days before being ‘exposed’ to the rest of the class.”

24. “Dr Hilary on Good Morning Britain advising people to wear masks on the beach – and that it would be a good idea to swim in the sea with one on, too.”

25. “Gyms and exercise classes forced to close, but fast-food outlets remained open.”

26. “They taped off every other urinal in my workplace.”

27. “Sign on the inside of work bathroom door: close toilet lid before flushing to prevent plumes of Covid-19.”

28. “We held our carol service in a local park, but had to send out invitations by word of mouth, rather than email, so we’d have plausible deniability if stopped by police.”

29. “Having to wear a disposable apron and gloves while visiting my mother in a care home, while she was on the other side of a floor-to-ceiling Perspex wall.”

30. “Scotch eggs. You couldn’t drink in a pub unless you also had a ‘substantial’ meal.”

31. “Testing of totally healthy people and making them stop work based on a questionable positive test result, when they have no symptoms, creating NHS staff shortages, cancelled operations. Things that, you know, actually kill people…”

32. “My son works in the NHS on the Covid ward and could go to the local Sainsbury's for his lunch. But when we were ill and isolating at home, he had to isolate as well – for 10 days.”

33. “My eight-year-old granddaughter telling me they weren’t allowed to sing Happy Birthday at school for her friend’s ninth birthday.”

34. “It was illegal to see your parents in their back garden, but legal to meet them in a pub garden with lots of other people.”

35. “I had to abandon my weekly choir practice – but my husband was allowed to sing as a spectator at a football match.”

36. “They removed all the bins in Regent's Park and Hampstead Heath.”

37. “Having a flask of tea or coffee on a walk meant it was classified as a picnic – and thus verboten.”

38. “Bring your own biro to a dental appointment to fill in a form declaring you do not have Covid.”

39. “My neighbour refused to hang the washing out to dry – they thought the sheets might catch Covid and infect them.”

40. “My 12-year-old had to sit alone at her grandfather’s funeral – her first experience of one – even though we drove there together and hugged outside. There were three officials watching us all to ensure we didn’t break the rules.”

41. “We could only go outdoors once a day for exercise.”

42. “In pubs, wearing a mask to get from the door to the table, and the table to the toilet – but not wearing a mask while sitting down.”

43. “People in a Tier 3 area walking two minutes down the road for a pint in Tier 2.”

44. “In Wales, supermarkets were allowed to stay open, but the aisles containing children’s clothing and books were taped off. Because buying a baby’s jumper is so much more perilous than picking up a pint of milk.”

45. “The pallbearers all but threw my mother’s coffin in the grave and ran away. They had her down as a Covid death, but she died of cancer.”

46. “The one-way systems around supermarkets that led to people being forced into parts they didn’t want to be in, making them spend more time in the shop – while Covid simply circulated over the top of the shelves.”

47. “Children abandoned by social services and left in the clutches of terrible parents.”

48. “Police breaking into our student house and pinning my girlfriend by the neck up against the wall. I said: ‘This is England – you’re not allowed to do that.’”

49. “Residents of care homes forgetting who they were during the long months when family were not allowed to visit them.”

50. “Dying alone. How many died alone? How many?”

It sounds like a communists dream come true!

But his crapola has taken a toll on society that will have repercussions for years!

It has divided communities, split families, friends, killed lifelong businesses, wreaked havoc on your children's education.

It is evident here too, where the hate shown by otherwise adult human beings, is palpable!

God help you all!

I wave to you from my low COVID native common sense Island in the Sun!  :)

Just remember, "You can't be too careful!"

Its not just the UK that put in silly things like the above, almost every country did.

Currently in Spain you have to wear a mask walking down the street yet as soon as you get to a bar, you can take it off for the full duration of your visit if you are drinking or not.  Someone explain the logic in that please.