COVID THREAD

49 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

If it'd been a man mistreating a child and I said I'd have stepped in would that have been more acceptable to you ?

So you are being sexist there.

Such are the the inconsistencies and contradictions of modern politically correct cultural mores.......

And, BTW, we only sell aerials.

no your whole attitude towards ,stepping in one way or another would be seen as an assault  and calling her a Cow, you're just a misogynist, you're the kind of person that would whine about women only swimming sessions, ohh but you are aren't you, and you have,  throughout this whole thread you've  worn a mask, which seems to have slipped a few times, we can see the real you.

It looks like Women, Pool Attendants, Car Drivers and whole a host of other things/people seems to wind you up to such an extent, you need to engage in threats  and arguments everywhere.

On 15/01/2022 at 15:16, Chekhov said:

It's  a good job I hadn't been there she'd have been stopped, one way or the other....

Edited yesterday at 15:17 by Chekhov

Hence my comments, you're full of threats, but thankfully you're just a  paper tiger.

Edited by steve68

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

On the contrary, if we are to ensure we NEVER EVER go though this disproportionate madness again we have to constantly remind people how expert (and then everyday souls) have been overly pessimistic and, yes, scaremongering. And how often they have been proved to be wrong. The fact it's also highly amusing to those of us who have had to put up with being told we don't know what we are talking about for years is great, but not the main most important thing, by far.

Look, I know you don't understand, and that's ok.  And I know  you're just itching to repost that list of examples of wrongness so you can waggle your arse at the experts again, and that's ok too, because it's such a great example of what I meant and so utterly textbook that I think we can all join you in finding some amusement here, and that really is a win.  Try to have a look at that empathy deficit though, eh?

16 minutes ago, steve68 said:

no your whole attitude towards ,stepping in one way or another would be seen as an assault  and calling her a Cow, you're just a misogynist, you're the kind of person that would whine about women only swimming sessions, ohh but you are aren't you.

You are the sexist, as you have proved by what you have said.

Why would it be acceptable to stop a man mistreating a child but not a women ? How is that not sexist ?

Women only swimming sessions are obviously sexist, why should women get more pool time than men ? There can be no argument about that being sexist as it quite plainly is, but it's one of those areas where the PC brigade get themselves tied in knots trying to defend the indefensible.

4 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Look, I know you don't understand, and that's ok.  And I know  you're just itching to repost that list of examples of wrongness so you can waggle your arse at the experts again, and that's ok too, because it's such a great example of what I meant and so utterly textbook that I think we can all join you in finding some amusement here, and that really is a win.  Try to have a look at that empathy deficit though, eh?

I'll tell you who has an empathy deficit, people who had no thought for all of the people hugely suffering as a result of these disproportionate and draconian suppression measures. That's who.

Edited by Chekhov

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You are the sexist, as you have proved by what you have said.

Why would it be acceptable to stop a man mistreating a child but not a women ? How is that not sexist ?

Women only swimming sessions are obviously sexist, why should women get more pool time than men ? There can be no argument about that being sexist it quite plainly is, but it's one of those areas where the PC brigade get themselves tied in knots.

do you not think before you post?, it's a specific case, that you've made threatening remarks on ,which in this case is a woman.

maybe Women might like a safer environment, I've witnessed it myself men most likely yourself going hard in the lanes, making it difficult and uncomfortable women swimmers thinking only of themselves and how fast they can go.  You've said yourself you made your own 3 yr old swim 25m across other swimmers, that he had to dodge.

you are a very self indulgent individual, thankfully pretty rare amongst  SF users.

Edited by steve68

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'll tell you who has an empathy deficit, people who had no thought for all of the people hugely suffering as a result of these disproportionate and draconian suppression measures. That's who.

Spot on 👍

17 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Hence my comments, you're full of threats, but thankfully you're just a  paper tiger.

For all your creepy online research (you've obviously got far too much time on your hands) you do not know me at all, quite obviously.

BTW, who have I threatened ?

5 minutes ago, steve68 said:

maybe Women might like a safer environment, I've witnessed it myself men most likely yourself going hard in the lanes, making it difficult and uncomfortable women swimmers thinking only of themselves and how fast they can go.  You've said yourself you made your own 3 yr old swim 25m across other swimmers, that he had to dodge.

Women only swim sessions are nothing to do with being "intimidated" by faster swimmers, its because some women lack confidence in their bodies.

I don't really want to get into lane swimming etiquette on this thread, here is where it should be talked about :

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

For all your creepy online research (you've obviously got far too much time on your hands) you do not know me at all, quite obviously.

BTW, who have I threatened ?

creepy is that the best you've got ?  I told before and provided you a link to take that further, don't be so sure Hillsborough's a small place, even smaller since Maplins closed for certain items.

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Women only swim sessions are nothing to do with being "intimidated" by faster swimmers, its because some women lack confidence in their bodies.

I don't really want to get into lane swimming etiquette on this thread, here is where it should be talked about :

Did you really just put that.

30 minutes ago, steve68 said:
  On 15/01/2022 at 15:16, Chekhov said:

It's  a good job I hadn't been there she'd have been stopped, one way or the other....

Edited yesterday at 15:17 by Chekhov

sounds threatening, don't you think? 

Chekhov said Women only swim sessions are nothing to do with being "intimidated" by faster swimmers, its because some women lack confidence in their bodies.

9 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Did you really just put that.

It's true, ask any pool manager if you don't believe me.

And when you have found out I am right you should come back on here and apologise, though I won't hold my breath......

Edited by Chekhov

Just now, Chekhov said:

Chekhov said Women only swim sessions are nothing to do with being "intimidated" by faster swimmers, its because some women lack confidence in their bodies.

It's true, ask any pool manager if you don't believe me. And when you have found out I am right you should come back on here and apologise, though I won;' hold my breath.

your arrogance wins you nothing 

Chekhov said : It's  a good job I hadn't been there she'd have been stopped, one way or the other....

14 minutes ago, steve68 said:

sounds threatening, don't you think? 

Only in so far as saying "if I saw a woman (or anyone else) being mistreated I would step in and stop it"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chekhov said : Women only swim sessions are nothing to do with being "intimidated" by faster swimmers, its because some women lack confidence in their bodies.

It's true, ask any pool manager if you don't believe me. And when you have found out I am right you should come back on here and apologise, though I won't hold my breath.

4 minutes ago, steve68 said:

your arrogance wins you nothing 

How can you say that when you cannot have had time to contact any pool managers (and prove I'm right) ?

14 minutes ago, steve68 said:

creepy is that the best you've got ?  I told before and provided you a link to take that further, don't be so sure Hillsborough's a small place, even smaller since Maplins closed for certain items.

What are you talking about ?

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

No way :

1 - It was obvious to me Omicron was no problem, even I said so at the time, and, as you are so fond of repeating I do not (apparently) know much about it - despite the fact I've been right more than the "experts".

2 - "another month of marginal restrictions", well it's already been closer to 2 months than 1 and they're still going (for no reason whatsoever).

3 - I do not consider mandatory masks and vaccine passports "mild restrictions". You might, I do not. 

4 - That attitude ( "just" another month of marginal restrictions) is why we're still in this nearly 10 months after it should ALL have been over (i.e. once all those 70+ had had two jabs and all 50+ one jab) 

No you don’t know more than the experts in their respective fields which is so obvious.You merely think that you do,seemingly on any subject.However I will keep repeating it as long as you claim to have the prescience that you claim.

You dismissed the virus as a threat in early December I.e.when Delta was still a factor but Omicron had just been identified.

Even Dr Coetzee who identified the virus was more circumspect than you were as to its possible affect in other countries.

2)It is not nearly 2 months since such evidence as there is on Omicron was better understood.It is just the likes of yourself that go for the impetuous educated guess approach.

Science works differently and methodically.

You dismissed the comment on research for future vaccines as an unnecessary expense.

That is you exhibiting your blinkered stupidity and very limited appreciation of scientific work or indeed any manufacturing or engineering discipline.

So keep posting your opinionated views on the many forums that you subscribe to if it gves you a nice cosy feeling of self righteousness.

But they are only your views and matter no more or less than any of the general public.