COVID THREAD

12 hours ago, RJRB said:

Such a patent distortion of the swimming saga which illustrates why you are always right,and as for the Audi driver theory.

If you had started the post in a jokey way fair enough,but you actually believe it🤪

I will avoid the temptation to argue the point because this is off topic and irrelevant, other than to remind you of the known facts :

1 - Pool attendant tells me and my son he cannot swim

2 -Within a few months my son was in The Star for his exceptional swimming.

Anyone interested in arguing about bad drivers should be doing so here :

The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

Apparently it has been viewed nearly 100,000 times, so some people must be interested.

16 hours ago, butlers said:

Bit more Joe Rogan.

Joe Rogan Guest Accutally Called Him Out On A BS COVID Vaccine Claim

https://flip.it/aPwBXm

Why The Regime Hates Joe Rogan

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

Plan B restrictions should never have been implemented.

Tops is correct, many of us said this at the time. Quite apart from anything else masks and vaccine passports provably do sweet FA, see France, Scotland, Wales etc etc.

BTW, Javid said ones it was proved Omicron is no more dangerous than Delta the restrictions would be cancelled, so why are they still here ?

More shifting of the goal posts......

Face masks will not be in place ‘a day longer’ if Omicron is no more dangerous than Delta, Sajid Javid says (30 Nov 21)

10 hours ago, sibon said:

He also displays a profound lack of understanding of how science and medical research work.  

I have noticed right through this that suppressionists always say this about any evidence their narrative is false.

They never mention all the times the experts have been wrong, which is most of the time (nearly all of the time in fact) :

Mid March 2020 : "We could have half a million Covid deaths in the UK"
19 March 2020 : "12 weeks to flatten the curve".

Late March : "This virus is indiscriminate"
November 2020 : "Modelling suggests 4,000 deaths per day worst case scenario".
Spring 2021 : "Get double vaccinated to get out of Covid and back to normal".
July 2021 : "Freedom day is irresponsible, we could have 200K cases per day by August".
11 Dec 21 : "Omicron could cause 75,000 deaths in England by end of April"

15 Dec 21 : "Omicron likely to be the biggest threat of Covid pandemic so far".

10 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Even the BBC has finally cottoned on that routine deaths are being counted as Covid deaths and that the recent uptick in “Covid” deaths is because Omicron is so widespread.
What’s really going on with Covid deaths data? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60000391

Well found Jim !

Of course many of us have been saying this since the start of the Omicron wave, and being told we "do not know what we are talking about".

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Well found Jim !

Of course many of us have been saying this since the start of the Omicron wave, and being told we "do not know what we are talking about".

And many were saying this well before Omicron.Its always rightly been a point of confusion and questioned.

10 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Even the BBC has finally cottoned on that routine deaths are being counted as Covid deaths and that the recent uptick in “Covid” deaths is because Omicron is so widespread.

What’s really going on with Covid deaths data? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60000391

A bit further down the BBC show their bias :

There are a number of ways we monitor the number of deaths connected to Covid. The most prominent is the daily count of anyone who has died within 28 days of testing positive.

For the vast majority of those people, Covid has been the primary cause of their death.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60000391

Isn't it 25% or more whio actually die of something else ?

So 75% is not the vast majority....

Quarter of Covid deaths not caused by virus, new figures show
Calls to speed up roadmap as data records people dying 'with' disease rather than 'from' it

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/13/quarter-covid-deaths-not-caused-virus/
The Daily Telegraph 14 Apr 21

9 hours ago, Norbert said:

In my experience no jab + covid = death or ventilator.

That is totally wrong, even for people over 80. In my Mother in Law's care home a high 38% died, but 62% survived.

You should not be saying stuff like that because you are spreading unnecessary fear. It was wildly inaccurate even before Omicron, but it's even less accurate now Covid is significantly milder. The stats below are before Omicron, i.e. the more deadly variant of Covid :

England-Covid-deaths-Mar-20-to-1st-Dec-2

35 minutes ago, RJRB said:

And many were saying this well before Omicron.Its always rightly been a point of confusion and questioned.

But it [are people dying of or with Covid] is even more important now that we have a vary infectious but much milder strain of Covid.

Edited by Chekhov

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

How is he now? 

Well enough to be out shopping, taking things steady.

23 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

That is totally wrong, even for people over 80.

You should not be saying stuff like that because you are spreading unnecessary fear. 

I said in my experience. See my signature.

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

We've had seven in about two months here. Keep trying.

again i'll reiterate, we are in the middle of a pandemic, lots and lots of people are catching a "virus", even footballers, viruses cause myocarditus, you dont need to be brain of britain to come up with an answer that they will increase a bit.

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

again i'll reiterate, we are in the middle of a pandemic, lots and lots of people are catching a "virus", even footballers, viruses cause myocarditus, you dont need to be brain of britain to come up with an answer that they will increase a bit.

We're not in the middle of a pandemic

The pandemic is over....has been since last summer

Covid is now purely political 

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

We're not in the middle of a pandemic

The pandemic is over....has been since last summer

Covid is now purely political 

its still happening, people are still dying, people are still being hospitalised, a little bit of empathy wouldnt go amiss