COVID THREAD

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

And that demonstrates another side of your apparent personality as you look forward towards gloating.

Gloating, rather a negative word I would say. But, if you have put up with as many people, over nearly two years, telling me I did not know what I was talking about, I am obviously going to enjoy the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

We all want an end to restrictions ,but some are more patient and accepting than you are.=

Not enough people appeared to really want this madness to end.

"More patient", nah, I think people have been far too patient, that's why we are still wearing soddin' masks 9 months (NINE MONTHS) after all those vulnerable to Covid had been double vaccinated.

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

Yes that’s the same  Mark Drayford  reacting  to an ever changing situation.

If only he had your number you could have told him in early December that Omicron was but an overnight panic...as any fool with half a brain could have.

Sorry, are you trying to be critical of me for being right ?

And, it would appear, implying Drakeford was in the right, when he was actually wrong.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I hate to tell you this, but these covid viruses are going to keep on coming and coming, so patience doesn't enter into it. 

Most of us have been double or tripple jabbed, but the whole world is never going to be fully vaccinated, so there will always be outbreaks of something - just like there always have been.

Omicron is a mild illness, but provides everyone who gets it with valuable antibodies, which are probably more effective than a manufactured vaccine.

This is probably the best opportunity we are going to get to lighten up and go for herd immunity.

Anna is completely correct.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I hate to tell you this, but these covid viruses are going to keep on coming and coming, so patience doesn't enter into it. 

Most of us have been double or tripple jabbed, but the whole world is never going to be fully vaccinated, so there will always be outbreaks of something - just like there always have been.

Omicron is a mild illness, but provides everyone who gets it with valuable antibodies, which are probably more effective than a manufactured vaccine.

This is probably the best opportunity we are going to get to lighten up and go for herd immunity.

Convid and its many variants will be around for as long as there's money to be made. This pandemic has made a select few extremely rich. Or rather extremely richer. 

@Chekhov Gloating is a negative response ,but that seems to be where you derive pleasure.

It’s as well that you have your own business then you can be right all the time in your own head.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

TBH I would accept conditional entry to care homes in the early stages.

But, my M in L's home had Covid through there in April 2020, so those restrictions didn't work anyway, 38% of the residents died, but what that did mean is that almost certainly they all had Covid, so a proportionate response after that would be to scrap all restrictions.

For all care homes, once they'd all been double vaccinated I'd have scrapped all restrictions as well.

When it comes to Audi drivers or pool attendants telling my lad he cannot swim, when shortly after that he was in The Star for his swimming ?

No, not "views", facts

Such a patent distortion of the swimming saga which illustrates why you are always right,and as for the Audi driver theory.

If you had started the post in a jokey way fair enough,but you actually believe it🤪

Nobody in the media or politics is talking about the new virus in China. 65m in lockdown. The biggest port in the world about to close and the Olympics in danger. 

Just now, SheffieldBricky said:

Nobody in the media or politics is talking about the new virus in China. 65m in lockdown. The biggest port in the world about to close and the Olympics in danger. 

A few links with a bit of evidence would help Frank.

7 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

A hantavirus that is spread by rodents and not uncommon in the region.

It is not being hidden.

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/surge-12232021120335.html

Edited by cgksheff

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

A few links with a bit of evidence would help Frank.

I've given up on that, it's pointless.

3 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

A hantavirus that is spread by rodents and not uncommon in the region.

Like the bat one we've just had? 🥴

12 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Conflating two separate things.

The moderators do ask for links to claims.

Either provide them or expect to be repeatedly flagged

15 minutes ago, butlers said:

just like i theorised earlier, maybe the myocardinitis was from the virus in alot of cases and NOT the vaccine, Dr Tops has just lost two weapons from his armoury how annoying for him lol

Edited by melthebell