COVID THREAD

11 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Don't the vaccine producers in the U.K. have legal protections against such lawsuits?

Who do you know that can afford to take a Pharmaceutical Company to court? 

The law is now totally outside the pockets of the ordinary man in the street.

And the vaccine producers/ providers and governments all have a vested interest in keeping this right outside the legal orbit.  

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

You forgot to mention the most significant one, putting on evidence which disagree with your narrative.

I have to say having someone try stalk you online is a first.....

But it would be very annoying for those of us who have never wanted all this suppression if the thread got shut down because the next few weeks are going to be very enjoyable. I have noticed on this forum and others, that suppressionists are getting very aggressive and personal now as their arguments are demolished one by one.

And that demonstrates another side of your apparent personality as you look forward towards gloating.

We all want an end to restrictions ,but some are mor patient and accepting than you are.

Accepting as in you can jump up and down and eff and blind as much you want as you sit in your shop and it makes not one whit of difference.

The same as you rant at Audi drivers or at swimming pool attendants or anybody who does not share your trenchant views.

So enjoy your life as you spread a little happiness along the way

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Is this the same Mark Drakeford who only a week or so again was saying England was "highly irresponsible" and "an outlier" (implying it was wrong to be so) in its refusal to extend suppression measures ? :

Covid in Wales: Restrictions to ease after Omicron peak

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59984873

Wales' restrictions on large events and businesses brought in to tackle the Omicron variant will be scrapped over the next two weeks as Covid cases drop.

Restrictions will be lifted as Wales moves to alert level zero.

Opposition parties had demanded an exit plan, with Senedd Conservative group leader Andrew RT Davies saying "Labour got it wrong" in its approach.

Any chance he'll apologise ?

I won't hold my breath....

Yes that’s the same  Mark Drayford  reacting  to an ever changing situation.

If only he had your number you could have told him in early December that Omicron was but an overnight panic...as any fool with half a brain could have.

23 minutes ago, butlers said:

Bit more Joe Rogan.

Joe Rogan Guest Accutally Called Him Out On A BS COVID Vaccine Claim

https://flip.it/aPwBXm

Looks like Josh Zepps was challenged on that and asked to correct it....

44 minutes ago, RJRB said:

And that demonstrates another side of your apparent personality as you look forward towards gloating.

We all want an end to restrictions ,but some are mor patient and accepting than you are.

Accepting as in you can jump up and down and eff and blind as much you want as you sit in your shop and it makes not one whit of difference.

The same as you rant at Audi drivers or at swimming pool attendants or anybody who does not share your trenchant views.

So enjoy your life as you spread a little happiness along the way

I hate to tell you this, but these covid viruses are going to keep on coming and coming, so patience doesn't enter into it. 

Most of us have been double or tripple jabbed, but the whole world is never going to be fully vaccinated, so there will always be outbreaks of something - just like there always have been.

Omicron is a mild illness, but provides everyone who gets it with valuable antibodies, which are probably more effective than a manufactured vaccine.

This is probably the best opportunity we are going to get to lighten up and go for herd immunity.

Edited by Anna B

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Don't the vaccine producers in the U.K. have legal protections against such lawsuits?

They do. Also in the rest of the EU and the US.

But the protection is limited. If the product is defective, or doesn't meet safety standards they can still be pursued.

I'm not a lawyer, but if a vaccine was making people collapse all over the sporting world, I'd wager that a decent legal team could make a case.

22 minutes ago, sibon said:

They do. Also in the rest of the EU and the US.

But the protection is limited. If the product is defective, or doesn't meet safety standards they can still be pursued.

I'm not a lawyer, but if a vaccine was making people collapse all over the sporting world, I'd wager that a decent legal team could make a case.

I think it may be Hecate or Annie Bymol who has said that the indemnity isn't against any side effects of the vaccine, but against failure to provide thousands of documents within a fixed timescale. Similar to getting a pass on responding to an FOI request, I guess.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I think it may be Hecate or Annie Bymol who has said that the indemnity isn't against any side effects of the vaccine, but against failure to provide thousands of documents within a fixed timescale. Similar to getting a pass on responding to an FOI request, I guess.

I think there is an indemnity against side effects too. There's a government fund to compensate for those. The indemnity is still limited. They are still bound to produce a safe product.

Daily cases below 100,000 now with three big daily drops in a row. Cases in Sheffield are still high apparently but I don't think it will long until the plan B restrictions are dropped.

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

and when you look at the bigger picture, what about those in care homes that were left to die with covid in the early stages? dont forget about the criticisms of the government for sending covid patients back into care homes, the vast majority of deaths from covid in the early stages were care home residents. sadly you cant have it both ways, give them all the freedom they want and at the same time not sentencing them to die.

TBH I would accept conditional entry to care homes in the early stages.

But, my M in L's home had Covid through there in April 2020, so those restrictions didn't work anyway, 38% of the residents died, but what that did mean is that almost certainly they all had Covid, so a proportionate response after that would be to scrap all restrictions.

For all care homes, once they'd all been double vaccinated I'd have scrapped all restrictions as well.

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

When it comes to Audi drivers or pool attendants telling my lad he cannot swim, when shortly after that he was in The Star for his swimming ?

No, not "views", facts