COVID THREAD

49 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It's not just deaths though is it, players (and spectators) are collapsing almost weekly.

Three players in the Australian Open (all vaccinated) have had to pull out with breathing difficulties during the qualifying rounds, keep burying your heads in the sand that there isn't an issue though.

The point I was making is how do they arrive at numbers using people intentions as barometer, its absolute nonsense.

Funnily enough i was just watching a video on this subject, sadly i cant yet find the article they are reading. The risk of myocarditis from catching the virus is higher than the vaccine, Joe Rogan keeps moving the goalposts as he doesnt want to change his views.

Which funnily enough is what people do on here.

Edited by melthebell

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's not my post 

sorry, i'll have a check back 

54 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It's not just deaths though is it, players (and spectators) are collapsing almost weekly.

Three players in the Australian Open (all vaccinated) have had to pull out with breathing difficulties during the qualifying rounds, keep burying your heads in the sand that there isn't an issue though

Which players?

delete quoting error

Edited by steve68

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Which bit of the Pandemic has been most depressing for you ?

This question is being discussed on another forum and this answer rings many bells for me, esp when he talks about Spring 2020, how about for you ?

The first lockdown wasn't too bad. The only thing that got my goat was all the selfish people hoarding food at the beginning - for about two weeks it was incredibly stressful going to the supermarket everytime and there was no pasta, rice, etc.

But overall, the virus was an unknown and did feel like a threat, and we genuinely thought it would be over in two months. So the working from home, sitting in the garden in the sun instead of going to the pub, etc felt like a comfortable way of doing a civil duty and it all felt rather novel.

By may/June, it was wearing thin but the good weather helped a lot. Then the reopening in July was great, and I started travelling quite a bit too. It's crazy how things were much less arduous then in terms of rules than the majority of 2021, and then we didn't have vaccines or decent treatments!

I avoided the second lockdown in November 2020 by running to the airport on the last and leaving the country for a month. Best decision ever (and thankfully my wife doesn't mind me doing that). It meant I was in a decent frame of mind for the inevitable third lockdown as I'd had a wonderful time backpacking round turkey, Egypt and Sudan.

But despite that, by the time January came round for the third lockdown I was in a bad place. It's a darkness I don't want to go back to; it was utterly miserable. Hancock kept dangling the vaccination goal in front of us for release, then kept changing the goalposts. It was really really tough to take. Then when things did start opening in April, the cold and wet weather just made it feel like we were being toyed with - getting soaked outside a pub just because I want to go for a pint with friends and kowtowing to the loony restrictions. I still don't understand how the majority still saw this as acceptable. I think that part might have been even worse, as it just seemed like it would never end.

Anyway, I really hope we never experience this kind of overreaction again in my lifetime.

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Funnily enough i was just watching a video on this subject, sadly i cant yet find the article they are reading. The risk of myocarditis from catching the virus is higher than the vaccine, Joe Rogan keeps moving the goalposts as he doesnt want to change his views.

Which funnily enough is what people do on here.

Yeah that's what they're bound to say, I didn't see any of these incidents happening in the period before the vaccine roll out though, funny that.

57 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But it would be very annoying for those of us who have never wanted all this suppression if the thread got shut down because the next few weeks are going to be very enjoyable. I have noticed on this forum and others, that suppressionists are getting very aggressive and personal now as their arguments are demolished one by one.

37 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Sorry but don't you clearly support suppression, casing point like the suppression of individuals (me)to read all freely available published information on the net?

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Yeah that's what they're bound to say, I didn't see any of these incidents happening in the period before the vaccine roll out though, funny that.

yes it did, you just wasnt looking for it. and you also have to look at the fact if youre more likely to get myocarditis though the virus, how many have had the virus...not just the vaccine

16 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's not my post 

gone back and deleted those, quote system cranky, thanks for pointing it out 

Just now, steve68 said:

gone back and deleted those, quote system cranky, thanks for pointing it out 

No problem 👍

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

yes it did, you just wasnt looking for it. and you also have to look at the fact if youre more likely to get myocarditis though the virus, how many have had the virus...not just the vaccine

You wouldn't need to look for it as you don't now, its there. when ex professionals are saying they haven't seen these incidents in the past I'd tend to believe them. 

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You wouldn't need to look for it as you don't now, its there. when ex professionals are saying they haven't seen these incidents in the past I'd tend to believe them. 

and in the middle of a pandemic you are going to get a lot vaccinated and a lot that catch the virus, like i said it could be either, or even both (both put more strain on your body), i agree with your previous point that they need looking into and seeing the root cause. But i dont think its helpful to just shout vaccine all the time.