COVID THREAD

4 minutes ago, steve68 said:

then report it as a criminal matter then, or shut up making such absurd remarks, i'm sure this forum will help you.

Is it illegal ? 

There are loads of things which are not illegal but are a bit creepy.

25 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have to say having someone try stalk you online is a first.....

But it would be very annoying for those of us who have never wanted all this suppression if the thread got shut down because the next few weeks are going to be very enjoyable. I have noticed on this forum and others, that suppressionists are getting very aggressive and personal now as their arguments are demolished one by one.

Yes I've definitely felt a shift in the mood of some people. I've also noticed the rise in abuse thrown at the pro choice side of the argument. It's unpleasant but that's life I suppose. 

47 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Which bit of the Pandemic has been most depressing for you ?

Interesting that one, I found from about Nov 2020 worse, and, in some ways, Spring  2021 even worse.

The first 6 months were like a war, there is a well known "war effect" when suicides actually drop because people feel we're all fighting together and there is a purpose to life, plus it was a warm sunny summer and, until June, no face masks mandate. The pools being shut REALLY ****ed me off though, and why ? Chlorinated water everywhere !

November 2020 we had vaccines to look forward to to end it all but we were going into the cold, dark and wet winter and lockdowns were coming back.

Spring 2021 was in some ways the most frustrating and depressing because, with vaccines, we should have been going back to normal with certainty it would all be pretty much back to normal by about April (like the CRG wanted) but they kept moving the goalposts and I was thinking we are never going to get out of this if people really are expecting zero Covid deaths.... So in some ways that was the worst bit for me.

I haven't found it depressing.
I have been able to adjust my life to get along with restrictions.
I have felt sadness, however, at the premature deaths amongst our care home residents, brought forward through incompetence and greed.

1 minute ago, cgksheff said:

I have felt sadness, however, at the premature deaths amongst our care home residents, brought forward through incompetence and greed.

Well put.

deleted quote error

Edited by steve68
deleted due quote error

21 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Can you remind me how to do this? I can see the option for following, but not for ignoring

Its quite easy, I've used it on him as I couldn't stand the arrogance.

Just now, Delbow said:

Just now, Delbow said:

Well put.

likewise you learn to adapt

3 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

I've found it depressing as some of the restrictions clearly don't work and have no scientific justification, seeing people blindly following rules that are absolute nonsense (ie not wearing a mask to sit down but putting one on to stand up) is the most depressing of all.

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I've found it depressing as some of the restrictions clearly don't work and have no scientific justification, seeing people blindly following rules that are absolute nonsense (ie not wearing a mask to sit down but putting one on to stand up) is the most depressing of all.

I have to say I did miss the pub, but that was  mostly down to shielding, several mates I have had the hump  dealing with the queuing to buy take-aways from the pub, but they made it work to support the pub.

The mask on mask off is silly, if you've taken a risk of eating or drinking then it is a pointless gesture, funny enough everyone was meant to get together at the beginning of this month, but with the omicron most cancelled because they didn't fancy  the chance of  a rough cold. 

20 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

I think you need to put that into perspective really.

The clue is in the name 'Care Homes'

Now yes it is sad but a lot of people in care homes require 24 hour care and are at the end of their lives.

Each year flu and pneumonia would've killed a lot of these people. 

Can we really blame anyone for a 94 year old dying of a highly contagious virus?

Yes mistakes were made but trying to blame the government on these peoples deaths is just lazy.

Especially as we knew nothing of the virus at the beginning of this pandemic and there is no way of accurately knowing how they died.

23 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Sorry but don't you clearly support suppression, casing point like the suppression of individuals (me)to read all freely available published information on the net?

That's not my post