COVID THREAD

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thread was removed. 

It's becoming toxic. 

This might surprise you, but I agree with you entirely.

Canada: Unvaccinated father loses right to see his child

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59979408

A Canadian father who has not been vaccinated against Covid has temporarily lost the right to see his 12-year-old child.

A judge ruled his visits would not be in the child's "best interest".

Does anyone think this can be right ?

Bear in mind that no child is at any significant risk from Covid.

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Canada: Unvaccinated father loses right to see his child

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59979408

A Canadian father who has not been vaccinated against Covid has temporarily lost the right to see his 12-year-old child.

A judge ruled his visits would not be in the child's "best interest".

Does anyone think this can be right ?

No it's not right. It's utterly disgusting but I expect things to get worse. Much worse in fact. 

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Who have I personally labelled as abnormal for wanting to wear a face mask ?

Bear in mind that to qualify the person would have to want to wear a face mask, which I cannot imagine anybody does.

No, the person from Hull, said they have to wear a "facefit" mask all day, and she did not like it one bit, quite understandably.

I was at the GPs today and he acknowledged that some NHS staff are required to wear a "facefit" mask all day, but he was more optimistic than I am that NHS staff would not have to wear masks forever. I am not saying it will defn happen, but I would say the odds were worse than 50/50.

In 2020 there were no special "face-fit" masks. There was a "face-fit" procedure to ensure the effectiveness of the masks being used.

I seriously doubt that anything is different today.

Now come on, this truly is absolute ****** :

Face masks make people look more attractive, study finds

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/13/face-masks-make-people-look-more-attractive-study-finds

There have been precious few positives during the Covid pandemic but British academics may have unearthed one: people look more attractive in protective masks.
Researchers at Cardiff University were surprised to find that both men and women were judged to look better with a face covering obscuring the lower half of their faces.
In what may be a blow for producers of fashionable coverings – and the environment – they also discovered that a face covered with a disposable-type surgical mask was likely to be deemed the most appealing.

Obviously it's absolute tosh, but, if it isn't the world really has gone absolutely stark staring mad, and I fear for its future.

Deleted 'cos he beat me to it:)

Edited by cgksheff

1 minute ago, cgksheff said:

Face masks ‘make wearers look more attractive’

Should be ‘face masks make some wearers more attractive’.

4 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Should be ‘face masks make some wearers more attractive’.

I certainly look less ugly with a mask on.

35 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

In 2020 there were no special "face-fit" masks. There was a "face-fit" procedure to ensure the effectiveness of the masks being used.

I seriously doubt that anything is different today.

Specific type of masks have to be worn for certain tasks, the user has to have face fit training and be clean shaven in the area where the mask fits for them to be effective.

22 hours ago, RJRB said:

As I asked the poster last night, do you actually read these things before you post them:

The latest vaccine data collated for November has shown that 75% of players across the EFL are either fully vaccinated, have had a single jab or intend to be vaccinated. Double vaccinated players total 59%, 16% are set to get the jab, while 25% of players currently do not intend to get a vaccine.

Are the EFL the "thought police" now, they should employ Tom Cruise's character from Minority Report.

Total and utter garbage.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thread was removed. 

It's becoming toxic. 

You would like that , wouldn’t you