COVID THREAD

1 hour ago, steve68 said:

I wouldn't take too much notice of Peter Griffin's evil twin, Some people could say you've a short memory, I could point out your personal posts, but how about this, you've constantly banged on about covid suppression, I've only mentioned my reasons for having jabs or wearing Masks and my own hospital and medical situation, not sure i have spoke too about masks, but whatever, I've never put my opinions about others having the vaccine or whether they  should or not attend events etc for me it's personal choice what others do Top and Daddy and a few others have their opinions, some points i can agree with others not, but you don't allow for anyone's opinions unless it aligned to yours, I'm just calling out what i see. 

I see one.wheel.short.of.a.bike has pipped up another single focused  everyone else  is at fault, or to blame for his  meltdowns.

personal responsibility should be first port of call, but a select group here seem to blame others or the system it's so much easier.

Now i'm off for a lemsip and to watch 12 Angry Men 

S68,  what you are doing is weird. I cannot remember anyone on any Forum spending a load of time trying to character assassinate so nobody else by trawling eth internet for irrelevant stuff. I suspect you won't apologise, so just quietly drop it would be my advice

1 hour ago, steve68 said:

I could point out your personal posts,

Please do so.

9 hours ago, Chekhov said:

NHS staff to wear "facefit" masks ?

A friend of mine works at the RHH and they recently had a colleague shadowing them who who is from the Hull area. She said they all have to wear "facefit" masks over there, i.e. masks that do not leak because they are fitted to your face. A bit like FFP3 masks which also protect the wearer (and, as an aside, they destroy the case for mask mandates for everyone) but are even more unpleasant to wear, particularly all day.

Have any other NHS employees heard anything about this ?

And what would their views be on that ?

This sounds similar to what I was witnessing in NGH back in Feb/Mar 2020.

Staff were undergoing "face-fit" testing to select the size/shape of FFP3 masks to be used by each of them.

Not so much a special mask, more a system to try and ensure best selection from masks available.

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

As an autistic person I can very well relate to this kind of harrassment from various petty officials who are expert only in rigidly applying blanket rules and policies. Your boy appears to be a natural prodigy in the art of swimming and the fact that this person [and their manager] try to maintain he can't swim [!!!!!] purely because he's not using an officaial stroke, shows them for what they are- bureaucratic cogs.

You have hit the nail on the head Dave. What annoyed me more than anything was they kept moving the goalposts, first it was he has to be able to swim a length, then he has to swim a particular stroke, then it was he has to achieved ASA standard 3 or something, when all that really mattered was "is he going to drown ?" And the answer was clearly not. 

Now then, moving the goal posts, where have we seen that more recently....

Having said all of the above, any parent is very sensitive if they think their kids are being treated unfairly, and I have always been very proud of my lad's swimming, so it was like lighting the blue touch paper really. You would think it would be part of all lifeguards training to be very sensitive to how they treat people's kids in front of their parents. 

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

You're right I confused the face masks with vaccines. 

So no normal child would want to wear facemasks, thereby implying that any child that does wear a mask is NOT normal

Could you define what a normal child is please?

You have misquoted me, I said any child (or indeed any person) who wants to wear a facemask, is abnormal.

24 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I think that you have demonstrated on many occasions on this Forum that your personality is given to relentless bullying of those who do no to share your views.

Sorry, what definition of bullying are you using ? 

Do you mean grinding down an argument I disagree with by finding evidence that the argument is flawed ?

That kind of bullying ?

Edited by Chekhov

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You have hit the nail on the head Dave. What annoyed me more than anything was they kept moving the goalposts, first it was he has to be able to swim a length, then he has to swim a particular stroke, then it was he has to achieved ASA standard 3 or something, when all that really mattered was "is he going to drown ?" And the answer was clearly not. 

Now then, moving the goal posts, where have we seen that more recently....

You have misquoted me, I said any child (or indeed any person) who wants to wear a facemask, is abnormal.

And you think labelling children (or indeed any person) as abnormal is acceptable?

19 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Even in your comments above it refers to lifeguards who cannot do their job. They were doing their jobs on a minimal wage as required by the employer, but in your eyes you have been proved right again. Something of a Pyrrhic Victory as it turned out.

I was about to answer this but stopped myself as this is off topic and no good can come of this exchange, so  I will let it drop.

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

And you think labelling children (or indeed any person) as abnormal is acceptable?

I think labelling any individual person as abnormal is unacceptable.

Labelling  people for what they want, as opposed to what they are, is acceptable.

But, I doubt very much there are many, if any, people out there who want to wear a face mask, so it's a moot point.

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I think labelling any individual person as abnormal is unacceptable.

Then I suggest you stop it! 

Be an adult and accept that people are doing what they believe is right for their own safety and that of their children. 

14 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Then I suggest you stop it! 

Be an adult and accept that people are doing what they believe is right for their own safety and that of their children. 

Who have I personally labelled as abnormal for wanting to wear a face mask ?

Bear in mind that to qualify the person would have to want to wear a face mask, which I cannot imagine anybody does.

31 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

This sounds similar to what I was witnessing in NGH back in Feb/Mar 2020.

Staff were undergoing "face-fit" testing to select the size/shape of FFP3 masks to be used by each of them.

Not so much a special mask, more a system to try and ensure best selection from masks available.

No, the person from Hull, said they have to wear a "facefit" mask all day, and she did not like it one bit, quite understandably.

I was at the GPs today and he acknowledged that some NHS staff are required to wear a "facefit" mask all day, but he was more optimistic than I am that NHS staff would not have to wear masks forever. I am not saying it will defn happen, but I would say the odds were worse than 50/50.

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Who have I personally labelled as abnormal for wanting to wear a face mask ?

Bear in mind that to qualify the person would have to want to wear a face mask, which I cannot imagine anybody does.

What difference does it make whether it's someone personal? You are labelling all/any children that want to wear a mask. And by labelling you are judging. Which leads me to ask....who the hell are you?

Just because you cannot imagine it, does not mean that there are parents/children out there that want to wear a mask. 

Real Men........Everyone knows that real men calls themselves Alpha quick edit.....do you think they'd  let me with my Spiderman mask?

Edited by steve68

Guest sibon

You know, in 15 years on this forum I've never used the ignore function , except to block one person's unpleasant private messages.

So, congratulations Justin Checkov. You are the first. Because you are tedious, repetitive, incorrect, arrogant and often unintelligible.

Quite frankly, you've made this thread impossible to follow. So, you're in the bin. Well done.

58 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Sorry, what definition of bullying are you using ? 

Do you mean grinding down an argument I disagree with by finding evidence that the argument is flawed ?

That kind of bullying ?

And hectoring

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thread was removed. 

It's becoming toxic.