COVID THREAD

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Talking to a doctor today (fully vaccinated and had covid too.) He's of the opinion that the natural immunity of catching covid is 10x the strength of the vaccine. 

I don't know how many people who have been fully vaccinated have died of covid. The figure must have been counted, but is never mentioned although I think it's an important part of the statistics. 

Given 130,000 covid deaths in the UK by the end of Feb 2021 I don't reckon it will be a huge proportion.

15 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Given 130,000 covid deaths in the UK by the end of Feb 2021 I don't reckon it will be a huge proportion.

Too much common sense there Longcol...there'll be a conspiracy theorist on soon to debunk it I'm sure.

On 05/01/2022 at 19:10, nikki-red said:

And what people don’t take into account is that wearing a mask also stops you touching your mouth and nose as much.

This obvious fact isn't really going to be understood by someone comparing underpants on faces.

Guest sibon
8 hours ago, Anna B said:

Talking to a doctor today (fully vaccinated and had covid too.) He's of the opinion that the natural immunity of catching covid is 10x the strength of the vaccine. 

I don't know how many people who have been fully vaccinated have died of covid. The figure must have been counted, but is never mentioned although I think it's an important part of the statistics. 

Have a look at this, Anna. It isn't quite what you asked for, but it is clearly linked to your request.

Edited by sibon

Thanks for information.

Just heard the 'Pandemic' is about to be downgraded to 'endemic' which is good news.

An endemic is something which tends to be an accepted illness which is commonplace, (and not usually deadly) like the common cold.

Edited by Anna B

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Thanks for information.

Just heard the 'Pandemic' is about to be downgraded to 'endemic' which is good news.

An endemic is something which tends to be an accepted illness which is commonplace, (and not usually deadly) like the common cold.

I think it has been heading that way for a while. We probably need to emerge from the depths of winter first, but we are steadily getting out of trouble.

That graph is startling isn't it. Well done to the developers of the vaccine and the deliverers of the jabs. They are the proper heroes in all of this.

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Thanks for information.

Endemic is a disease that is commonplace in a particular area rather than related to severity

9 minutes ago, sibon said:

I think it has been heading that way for a while. We probably need to emerge from the depths of winter first, but we are steadily getting out of trouble.

That graph is startling isn't it. Well done to the developers of the vaccine and the deliverers of the jabs. They are the proper heroes in all of this.

Completely agree..

It's scary to think where we'd be today without the dedication of our NHS staff and vaccine developers. 

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

Lol - HMG can't keep secret what happens in the backyard of 10 Downing Street with a handful of Johnson's cronies yet we're asked to believe thousands in the UK (and worldwide)  remain completely silent on how they're told to fiddle the stats - despite the Mail, Telegraph, Express etc would be prepared to pay thousands for the story.

It's not hidden, it's in plain sight. Do you have a short memory, and a somewhat naive view on how the world works?

Less than a month ago this was the narrative in every outlet, remember? The source of this story is a government agency.

"omicron is coming at us faster than any variant has in the entire pandemic, it's doubling every 2 days the health security agency was estimating if it continued if we don't slow it you could be having a million cases a day by xmas eve.."

The garden party story and the clandestine photos were kept in a back pocket for a long time .... until it was expedient to release it.

Edited by fools

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Completely agree..

It's scary to think where we'd be today without the dedication of our NHS staff and vaccine developers. 

I agree. They've worked their socks off during the pandemic and continue to do so.

They are understaffed. We are still incredibly short of qualified doctors and nurses. Let's hope this is rectified soon. There's no excuse. We have plenty of clever young people desperate to get into Medical schools, but the places aren't available. Why?

This isn't a new problem and predates the Pandemic. Why do we insist on pinching Doctors and Nurses from other countries (when they're needed there,) when we have the people willing and able to do the job here. 

On 08/01/2022 at 16:49, Chekhov said:

I disagree with you, and the hits, and compliments, my website gets implies I might be right.

Still struggling with the difference between correlation and causation?

Perhaps they are oldschool, missing the era of Nestcape and Windows95. How many compliment you on the colours or the layout?

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

I doubt anyone knows how many footballers are vaccinated, its personal and private medical information

And yet you are happy to attribute someone collapsing in a football stadium to the vaccine? 

Another hypocrite