COVID THREAD

5 minutes ago, fools said:

Are you seriously trying to equate doing somersaults in a hospital corridor, perhaps feet away from seriously ill patients, whilst filming it for subsequent publication for the world to see ..... with going to the pub after work

All that Thursday evening hypnosis must have worked.

Do you know of any other professions were it is ok to "unwind" in this manner? Undertakers perhaps.

If someone attempts to equate being a Construction Manager 20years ago as the same as working for the NHS during a pandemic and lockdown then I don't think anything I say is an exaggeration.

Careful your disdain for the NHS is showing

3 minutes ago, fools said:

Go search out the mop dance, patients trying to walk down a corridor full of rehearsing tiktokers. The question I wonder most is, where are the management.

I've put Mop Dance NHS into YouTube and the videos there are clearer showing nurses in empty corridors or in front of a screen. 

No videos of patients trying to walk past them.

5 minutes ago, fools said:

Go search out the mop dance, patients trying to walk down a corridor full of rehearsing tiktokers. The question I wonder most is, where are the management.

You conjure up a sketch worthy of Fawlty Towers Hospital complete with the indignation of Basil.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

it is, theyve seen stuff, got it into their heads (looking at their personal make up, ive noticed both Daddy and Checkov exhibit very obsessive tendencies) so they become obsessed and only seek out the things that back up what they already believe

And I've noticed you have a tendency to lie, abuse other posters, swear and behave like a child when people won't bow down and agree with you. 

As for me? I'm waaaaaaaay too busy to become obsessed about something like convid. I'll leave that to the likes of your good self 👍

Edited by The_DADDY

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

Yup, it's almost as bad as calling a child 'not normal', then doubling down on it in a subsequent post, because that child might want to wear a face mask.  Can you believe anyone would say something so rotten about a kid?

No child would want to wear a face mask, why would they ?

It could be that some (who have been fed misinformation * by their frightened and/or virtue signalling parents) think they should wear a face mask, but that is not the same thing as as wanting to. So, when using correct definitions, I am correct and you are wrong.

misinformation * 

"I told my kids that masks are very important for saving people's lives (and they accepted that and will wear them)" :

(6 Jan 22) Covid: Evidence on face masks in schools 'inconclusive'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59895934

Edited by Chekhov

51 minutes ago, Delayed said:

If someone attempts to equate being a Construction Manager 20years ago as the same as working for the NHS during a pandemic and lockdown then I don't think anything I say is an exaggeration.

Careful your disdain for the NHS is showing

I've put Mop Dance NHS into YouTube and the videos there are clearer showing nurses in empty corridors or in front of a screen. 

No videos of patients trying to walk past them.

Never mentioned NHS, you're obsessed, that's mass hypnosis for you. Do you have a rainbow poster in the window.

Refine your search technique, it's on Youtube.

Edited by fools

2 hours ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

I respect that you have a completely different take on this to me Annie Bynnol.  I just think that there are plenty of respected doctors and scientists who are putting forward alternative views that we are not being allowed to hear and just as you feel that I am "regurgitating" these alternative views and presenting them as "facts", I feel that you are doing the same thing in reverse - ie -you are accepting and regurgitating   everything the government and their scientists says as "facts". I use the word "believe" quite often because I like to listen to all the different doctors and scientists etc, before deciding who I find to be the most believable. In my view, not everyone questioning the government is a conspiracy theorist - some are highly qualified doctors, scientists who just happen to believe that our governments are taking the wrong approach. Like the Nobel Prize winning scientist - Kary Mullis. He invented the PCR test but says it was never meant to be used for this purpose. Like Dr Clare Craig - a highly respected Diagnostic Pathologist from UCL Hospital. She is not an anti-vaxxer, she feels the vaccine has a purpose, but should be properly targeted rather than just being rolled out en-masse to healthy people.  

Why are we only being told about the number of unvaxxed people seriously ill in hospital

and not being told how many are fully vaxxed - and not being told how many have been made ill by the vaccine itself? Why is mainstream media not showing footage of the massive protests going on in this country or in other countries? 

I'm not, as Annie Bynnol suggests, in repeated denial of the statistics, science, & the medicine. I just think that we are only being allowed to see and hear  part of it via mainstream media - and we should be allowed to see and hear all of it .

There are tens of thousands of individuals who have and still do work on viruses who have no connection with any government.

Their careers are based heavily on their diligence, skill, techniques and knowledge.

They can also be a great deal of competition within organization, between companies, governments, countries etc., which leads to its own type of scrutiny, checking and criticism.

Modern science is rarely 'done' by individuals and vaccination is nothing new. It is teams of people who do the work and it is teams of people who check.  It would be very difficult to manipulate results considering the huge number of groups involved. 

I find it most odd that against the international tidal wave of information, data and effort pitted against Covid all we get is  individuals, mostly no longer active, who cannot/will not lay out their work before peer reviewers instead prefer to take money from Conspiracy Theory sites.

That Conspiracy Theory sites are desperate to dig up (literally in cases like Mullis) anybody who can contribute to their agenda, there is no doubt. That so few are found is an indicator of the success of the fight to contain Covid.

Chekhov said:
Interesting that the suppressionists and mask enthusiasts have ignored this post.

Those of us who hate this mask mandate should file this BBC News link link and use it the next time these mask fans start blathering on

59 minutes ago, Delayed said:

It might be because no matter how much people stamp their feet over mask wearing, people still exercise their option to do it and continue to do it. 

I know people who do wear masks, but I do not know anyone who likes wearing a mask.

They do so because they are told to, and, to a certain extent, because they think they are doing something to help "beat the virus".

Anyone who knows about Covid knows you can wear masks all you like and it will not help in any way to "beat the virus", at best it will just kick the can down the road. But, as it happens, the evidence in how well masks even do the latter is weak anyway :

(6 Jan 22)Covid: Evidence on face masks in schools 'inconclusive'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59895934

Plus, of course, England's Covid figures were better than Wales and Scotland's even though the latter had a mask mandate and England did not.

23 minutes ago, fools said:

Never mentioned NHS, you're obsessed, that's mass hypnosis for you. Do you have a rainbow poster in the window.

Refine your search technique, it's on Youtube.

The whole topic is about NHS staff. It's hardly an obsession it's just about having the ability to read and put points across coherently. 

I don't need a rainbow poster to appreciate the NHS. 

Perhaps you'd like to link th YouTube video as I'm not sure how to refine my search beyond your suggestion of searching moo dance..

Strict Covid curbs now ‘less effective’, admits Sturgeon as Scotland’s isolation rules relaxed

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/05/strict-covid-curbs-now-less-effective-admits-sturgeon-scotlands/
First Minister's approach now more in line with England, as data show her tough measures failed to curb omicron spread

Nicola Sturgeon finally relaxed Scotland’s self-isolation rules and promised to rethink her Covid strategy on Wednesday after admitting her hardline restrictions were not as effective anymore.

In a major about-turn that brought her approach more in line with Boris Johnson’s, Ms Sturgeon disclosed that her Government will shortly unveil a blueprint for Scotland to live with the virus in the long term that would be “more proportionate and sustainable and less restrictive.”

Many of us said this weeks ago.......

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, fools said:

Are you seriously trying to equate doing somersaults in a hospital corridor, perhaps feet away from seriously ill patients, whilst filming it for subsequent publication for the world to see...

"Never mentioned the NHS" 🤣

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/05/strict-covid-curbs-now-less-effective-admits-sturgeon-scotlands/

Strict Covid curbs now ‘less effective’, admits Sturgeon as Scotland’s isolation rules relaxed
First Minister's approach now more in line with England, as data show her tough measures failed to curb omicron spread

Nicola Sturgeon finally relaxed Scotland’s self-isolation rules and promised to rethink her Covid strategy on Wednesday after admitting her hardline restrictions were not as effective anymore.

In a major about-turn that brought her approach more in line with Boris Johnson’s, Ms Sturgeon disclosed that her Government will shortly unveil a blueprint for Scotland to live with the virus in the long term that would be “more proportionate and sustainable and less restrictive.”

Many of us said this weeks ago.......

Did you tell Ms  Sturgeon ?

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

... I am correct and you are wrong. ...

I  literally LOLed.  Do you have that as a tattoo somewhere?  Behold the word of Chekhov, for he hath spoken, and lo it was righteous  :hihi: .

You said 'no normal child would want to wear a mask', Chekhov.  No normal child. You should go and stand in a corner and be alone in your shame for calling a child, what's the word I'm searching for that means 'not normal'?  Abnormal, is it?  Abnormal, because they, or their parents, have read or heard about more than that one study that you're going to flap about in every other post for the next month, and realised that well-fitting, multi-layered face coverings reduce viral transmission, and decided to try to do their bit.

Shameful, Chekhov, really shameful  :shakes: .