COVID THREAD

I challenged this point.

"But, the vaccines also cut transmission. You are less likely to get infected if vaccinated, and you are ill for less time. Both of those things supress  transmission"

You can introduce other points to divert attention away from that challenge if you like. The facts speak for themselves.

If 7% of the population are infected, the vast majority of those are vaccinated, spreaders. The numbers involved increase transmission.

Edited by fools

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Whether you personally did them or not the fact is many did, they were all over the Internet and on tv too. Do you agree the were in appalling taste? 

Do you agree the time they spent thinking them up, gathering people together, choreographing, rehearsing then filming was time they could have spent looking after the gazzilions who were apparently dying in the worst "pandemic" in human history? 

Or was it time well spent? 

DO you think that those NHS staff in those videos are entitled to a physical and mental break from the daily grind of dealing with patients? Should they be told how to spend that break time? Or should they do what they choose in their break time? I'm for option 3.

I know one thing, they contribute far more to the easing of human misery than yours or mine bleatings on here, wheter or not they make a few TikTok videos.

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Whether you personally did them or not the fact is many did, they were all over the Internet and on tv too. Do you agree the were in appalling taste? 

Do you agree the time they spent thinking them up, gathering people together, choreographing, rehearsing then filming was time they could have spent looking after the gazzilions who were apparently dying in the worst "pandemic" in human history? 

Do you think the mental health of NHS workers matters? 

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

She just said they came in 10 minutes before their shift to do it. 

Also, putting the word pandemic in "" just makes you look like a drooling gimboid.

Edited by Delbow

And Nikki already said half of em came in early to do em, that's their own time, The others would be getting ready to leave anyway?

RJRB said Once again you would struggle to name more than a handful of countries or even opposition parties within those countries who have taken a radically different  approach to the measure taken by the Tories.

A little quicker,a little slower,a little lighter,a little heavier but all fundamentally the same

I admittedly am no Tory voter but fail to follow your logic which is based on Labour supporting the decisions of the government of the day.

13 hours ago, Chekhov said:

No, Labour have wanted more draconian restrictions all the way through this. Did you not read my post. Right at the start they wanted to shut my business down (and they wanted us all to keep wearing masks from July though to December), *******s.

Just to confirm, I am not happy at all with the way the Tories have handled Covid, it has been a massively disproportionate over reaction, particularly after about April last year. But Labour would have been even worse.

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, Longcol said:

The NHS can't "sort it out" - they can try to influence it and manage it as best they can..............................

The NHS isn’t a “they’” it’s a Public Health Service with a budget of £114billion.

that may not be enough - it may be too much - it may not be running efficiently .

it seemingly is on the brink of collapse due to a virus we’ve known about for 2 years.

why isn’t there more focus on dealing with that?

39 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Oh! I forgot another characteristic of a Conspiracy Theorist- is the need to tell people of their own superiority.

LOL, You make this up as you go along. Every one of your posts suggests you feel you have some superior expertise in conspiracy that we all need to hear. We don't, it's tedious, it's irrelevant to the subject.

How did your obsession start, far-left website was it? Trauma? Was it the "white coats" that triggered you. Newsnight?

You accused me of being a pedlar of far right American conspiracy theories, because I wrote a line about the childlike naivety of people who accept everything they are told. (Apparently using far right American vocabulary.). I pointed out that questioning authority figures is what children start to do when they learn that Father Christmas is a lie. It's part of growing up. Any adult who believes everything they are told is an idiot.

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

The NHS isn’t a “they’” it’s a Public Health Service with a budget of £114billion.

that may not be enough - it may be too much - it may not be running efficiently .

it seemingly is on the brink of collapse due to a virus we’ve known about for 2 years.

why isn’t there more focus on dealing with that?

It's OK the armies coming in to help.....again

Chekhov said: No, Labour have wanted more draconian restrictions all the way through this. Did you not read my post. Right at the start they wanted to shut my business down (and they wanted us all to keep wearing masks from July though to December), *******s.
13 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I think Scotland and Wales is a small taste of what England wouldve been like under a Labour government 

I agree entirely, living in England has been bad enough, Scotland and Wales would have been even worse, and all for absolutely nothing ! :

What to do here ?

On the one hand Meltball (or whatever his name is) keeps accusing me of lying, so I'd like to prove I am not.

But his suppressionist mate Steve68 accuses me of repeatedly putting evidence on, so who am I to displease ?

I think Steve68 will have to lose this one :

Do masks and vaccine passports prevent Covid illness and deaths ? (3 Dec 21)

England : No mask mandate since July (to 30th Nov), no vaccine passport (to 10th Dec)
Scotland : Mask mandate still in force from last year, vaccine passport since 1st Oct (enforced since 18th Oct)
Wales : Mask mandate still in force from last year, vaccine passport since 11th Oct

Patients in hospital with a positive Covid test per million popn (on 3rd Dec 21, the last date for which the change in England's mandate can have had any effect)
England : 103.7
Scotland : 118.5
Wales : 141.3

Deaths from any cause within 28 days of a positive Covid test
Last date for which full data is available is 26 Nov for Eng and Scot, and 25 Nov for Wales.
Number of deaths 7 day average / per million popn =
England
= 95.4 / 1.69
Scotland = 10.6 / 1.93
Wales = 5.7 / 1.78

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

NO government in Europe has acted significantly differently and Labour are not the ones calling the shots.

If the Tories had been the opposition do you really think that they would have not been critical at every stage.

That would be very naive.

Sweden have, but I care not. Pretty much the whole world have over reacted to Covid and I am sure history will prove me right.

Edited by Chekhov

Chekhov said: How can I be  a "Covid denier" when in post 3266 I had a table of deaths from/with Covid ?.

17 hours ago, nikki-red said:

You’ve clearly missed melthebels post where he apologised for his typo?

It was a bit more than a typo, he used the wrong words and made the wrong accusation. But no I have not seen his apology certainly not when quoting me (and therefore coming up as a Notification).

More to the point he has not apologised for calling me a liar and refusing to provide the evidence for that false claim.

The man should be ashamed of himself.

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

And Nikki already said half of em came in early to do em, that's their own time, The others would be getting ready to leave anyway?

When are you going to put the proof on (when you falsely said I was a "liar" ) ?

We're still waiting......

Edited by Chekhov

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

If everybody who can had taken their jabs, they would have more time to dance.

Trying to resurrect this pathetic reaction to the NHS 'dance' routines which started in 2016 by the way?