COVID THREAD

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The biggest (and most dangerous) lie I've seen on this thread is the one about transmission of the virus from the vaccinated, if you want to address posts that are lies there's a perfect start.

Are you saying you do like to be advised by some of the most corrupt, flesh crawling, self serving individuals ever to walk the earth?

If they are so concerned about your health why are they happy to let poverty, hunger, homelessness etc etc etc increase on a daily basis?

You've asked that question before and I've answered. 

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

"An observational study of school Covid absences from a group of schools with face masks in use and a group without showed only a 0.6% difference"

If we're following the science these ridiculous dehumanising things should be scrapped with immediate effect.

What study, which schools, which source?

19 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The biggest (and most dangerous) lie I've seen on this thread is the one about transmission of the virus from the vaccinated, if you want to address posts that are lies there's a perfect start.

Do please give us a link to it........................................................

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Do please give us a link to it........................................................

Now what happens is that Dr Tops makes an outlandish, made up story, he then gets called out on it, doesn't reply until the following evening where he expects the discussion to have moved so far on that nobody keeps asking about it. Rinse and repeat

40 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Now what happens is that Dr Tops makes an outlandish, made up story, he then gets called out on it, doesn't reply until the following evening where he expects the discussion to have moved so far on that nobody keeps asking about it. Rinse and repeat

Even if someone on SF had stated that vaccinated people can't catch covid (and therefore transmit it)  I'm not sure how that is "dangerous".

SF is hardly the biggest influencer of decisions even  for SF members - especially this thread by the look of it  given about a dozen regular posters - never mind the general public. Somehow can't see SAGE looking at SF for advice..........................................

Edited by Longcol

34 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Not at all, I've given my reasons for not posting links as you don't believe them anyway, I'd just rather put it put there and keep bursting your narrative, its obvious to anyone with half a brain that cloth masks are useless but like sheep you keep wearing them as some badge of virtue

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Even if someone on SF had stated that vaccinated people can't catch covid (and therefore transmit it)  I'm not sure how that is "dangerous".

SF is hardly the biggest influencer of decisions even  for SF members - especially this thread by the look of it  given about a dozen regular posters - never mind the general public. Somehow can't see SAGE looking at SF for advice..........................................

One of you ilk accused people who don't believe this nonsense as peddling "dangerous lies" and some has stated that the vaccinated pose less of a threat from transmission (totally false) as a way of justifying vaccine passports (totally useless).

45 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Anything that hits the spot tends to get ignored, not called out on as you can't "call it out", none are outlandish made up stories except in a world where some have been brainwashed by fear and can't go back or they'll look total mugs.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

One of you ilk accused people who don't believe this nonsense as peddling "dangerous lies" and some has stated that the vaccinated pose less of a threat from transmission (totally false) as a way of justifying vaccine passports (totally useless).

Who - when - where?

and how does " the vaccinated pose less of a threat from transmission" make any sense?

Guest sibon
39 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Not at all, I've given my reasons for not posting links as you don't believe them anyway, I'd just rather put it put there and keep bursting your narrative, its obvious to anyone with half a brain that cloth masks are useless but like sheep you keep wearing them as some badge of virtue

Anything that hits the spot tends to get ignored, not called out on as you can't "call it out", none are outlandish made up stories except in a world where some have been brainwashed by fear and can't go back or they'll look total mugs.

And with that, we have the whole story. It is a bit garbled, and borderline incoherent, but it is all there.

Tops can't give us evidence, because there is no evidence for his claims.

Here's a link for you Tops:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charlatan

Edited by sibon

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, sibon said:

And with that, we have the whole story.

Tops can't give us evidence, because there is no evidence for his claims.

Here's a link for you Tops:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charlatan

Hmm. There are certain points to his arguments but hopefully without being patronising they’re not alway well put.

there’s no doubt vaccinated people are transferring the virus to each other - so the benefit to having a vaccine is you’re less likely to get seriously ill.

so moaning about people who aren’t vaccinated is pointless really - it’s their choice.

the next argument would be what about the pressure on the nhs for the unvaccinated…..

but that is for the nhs to sort out - same as the other pressures it encounters from people lifestyle choices.

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Hmm. There are certain points to his arguments but hopefully without being patronising they’re not alway well put.

there’s no doubt vaccinated people are transferring the virus to each other - so the benefit to having a vaccine is you’re less likely to get seriously ill.

so moaning about people who aren’t vaccinated is pointless really - it’s their choice.

the next argument would be what about the pressure on the nhs for the unvaccinated…..

but that is for the nhs to sort out - same as the other pressures it encounters from people lifestyle choices.

The NHS can't "sort it out" - they can try to influence it and manage it as best they can..............................

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The NHS can't "sort it out" - they can try to influence it and manage it as best they can..............................

Yeah but they can make some 'awesome' Tiktoks 🙄

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah but they can make some 'awesome' Tiktoks 🙄

Which is a way of trying to  influence it .............................

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

The main benefit from the vaccine is the avoidance of serious illness, I agree.

But, the vaccines also cut transmission. You are less likely to get infected if vaccinated, and you are ill for less time. Both of those things supress  transmission.

My main objection to Tops is his total rejection of all mitigating factors to do with covid. Masks, vaccines, distancing are all helpful. Most people recognise that and do their bit.