COVID THREAD

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am reporting this post to the moderators., Unless you can quote me provably lying I want some action taken about this.

Mardy bum 

I said : Healthy people under 50, particularly women, are also at pretty low risk. Assuming this 46 year old woman had no serious existing conditions she just had bad luck, she would probably have been in more danger, statistically, from dying in a car accident. Her decision not to have the vaccine is not that irrational, we live in a free country (well we used to...) and she should be free to make her own choice.

You can always find statistical outliers but they prove nothing, public health policy is about the numbers.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

the point is, lies, people like you and your cronies propogating lies around the internet that sadly leads to ends like this, your "fun" has real world consequences, if she had been vaccinated she'd still be alive.

You are just indulging it emotive clap trap to bypass people's rationality circuitry. Quite apart from anything, although the vaccines work very well to prevent death from Covid they are not 100%, so you cannot actually say "if she had been vaccinated she'd still be alive", though I agree the chances would have been far higher.

As to the Covid stats, what I said is indisputably, and provably,  correct (just like  when I said in April 2020 that kids were at almost no risk from Covid and I had people like you telling me I was wrong and trying to get my posts deleted....), I post facts and back them up  :

BBC.jpg.82595e38a3a94d1de4bfe04043241430

Bottom table - At 46 (assuming no serious existing conditions) you have to guess at the approx numbers, but I'd have thought about 300, but as a woman the odds would be even better, the equiv of 200 or less. That is only for deaths in hospital and only in England, so to gross it up for all deaths in the UK it'd be about 300. In the 22 months  of that survey about 1.1 million people would have died and about 3700 would have been killed on the roads. She would definitely have been at more risk of dying in a car accident than from Covid

So, I was correct, she took a rational risk to not have the vaccine, it just didn't pay off because of bad luck. Who are you to tell her what do to with her life ? Do you tell obese people they are stupid for over eating ?

England-Covid-deaths-Mar-20-to-1st-Dec-2

Edited by Chekhov

4 hours ago, steve68 said:

I've forgotten is Chekhov one of the covid deniers, conspiracy theorists or lockdown sceptics?  or all three this thread moves so quickly.

tbf all 4 of them aren't covid deniers, although Daddys come close using terms like scamdemic

Edited by melthebell

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Ive got better things to do with my time than go back through your drivel, it was bad enough the first time, have a good day

You are a disgrace.

You accuse someone of lying but have no evidence of that and, apparently "have better things to do with your time" than provide any proof.

I'm sue you have got better things to do with your time because I can tell you you would be wasting it trying to find  a quote from me that is provably a lie.

25 minutes ago, steve68 said:

I've forgotten is Chekhov one of the covid deniers, conspiracy theorists or lockdown sceptics?  or all three this thread moves so quickly.

I think you may be confusing me with someone else. You have just shown your ignorance and the fact you cannot actually have read much of what I have written.

How can I be  a "Covid denier" when in post 3266 I had a table of deaths from/with Covid ?

So, if you had any decency you'd apologise for your error straight away. I won't hold my breath.

"Conspiracy theorist" Not sure what your definition is there, but I have consistently said that the government's strategy has been to scare people into compliance with their suppression measures. They have provably done so, I have load sof examples, but just one will suffice for now :

Government radio advert Jan 2021 : "That person passing you in the park is highly likely to have Covid"
At the time it was about 1 in 50, which is not highly likely by any reasonable definition of the word. Neither is it at all likely that anyone would catch Covid outdoors from someone passing them in the park.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/government-pulls-ad-states-joggers-highly-likely-covid-19/1705305

"Lockdown sceptic" -  I plead guilty to that one, no problem.

Edited by Chekhov

14 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I think you may be confusing me with someone else. You have just shown your ignorance and the fact you cannot actually have read much of what I have written.

How can I be  a "Covid denier" when in post 3266 I had a table of deaths from/with Covid ?

So, if you had any decency you'd apologise for your error straight away. I won't hold my breath.

"Conspiracy theorist" Not sure what your definition is there, but I have consistently said that the government's strategy has been to scare people into compliance with their suppression measures. They have provably done so, I have load sof examples, but just one will suffice for now :

Government radio advert Jan 2021 : "That person passing you in the park is highly likely to have Covid"
At the time it was about 1 in 50, which is not highly likely by any reasonable definition of the word. Neither is it at all likely that anyone would catch Covid outdoors from someone passing them in the park.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/government-pulls-ad-states-joggers-highly-likely-covid-19/1705305

"Lockdown sceptic" -  I plead guilty to that one, no problem.

it's always been an issue for me reading your or should i say your mass copy n paste arguments from around the web.

factor in the mishmash of miss quotes and it's just coming across as a broad block of blabble, as i've said take away your covid posts your contribution to the sheffield forum would be zero therefore you seem to have came here to push your agenda.

I appreciate this topic must give some relevance to your life or whole existence on the forum, having followed it on and off, there is a consistent prattle to your posts in which most have seen through the  false dichotomy between pandemic health protection and the economy,  the latest twist is now you're behaving like a  Kenneth Williams (Julius Caesar)  "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me" very childish to be threatening posters with moderators. 

Does add a splash of colour to the place though

26 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

A conspiracy theorist is somebody who believes in a conspiracy that cannot be proved so its only a theory, thats you i agree, well done, 2 out of 3 aint bad

19 minutes ago, butlers said:

Does add a splash of colour to the place though

Hmmm... :huh:

I agree...

... if that colour happens to be a dull grey! :hihi:

I have to agree with Chekov in that there has been a deliberate attempt to scare the public into getting the jab, useing some pretty dodgy figures and tone. That is no conspiracy, but a fact. 

Governments are actively using Psychological manipulation, in this case, fear, to control people's actions.

It's been highly successful, so will no doubt be used increasingly in future.

-Anyone for whopping tax increases in the name of 'Climate change'?

Edited by Anna B

This is what happens when Covid becomes No.1 priority.

" GP thought she had Covid so she was brought in and rushed to hospital, where she was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Porsche died just one day later on April 14, 2020. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10374581/Aspiring-model-27-died-cancer-day-discovered-missed-doctors.html