COVID THREAD

40 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My oldies (bar a few) are all switched on to this charade. But thank you for your concern đź‘Ť

So you think it’s a charade , your kids think it’s a charade and your oldies think it’s a charade . Pretty tight group you’ve got growing there 

28 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Please tell me 

Why? 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So you think it’s a charade , your kids think it’s a charade and your oldies think it’s a charade . Pretty tight group you’ve got growing there 

Some of my oldies. Some of the others are hooked on the MSM narrative. 

So, not as tight as you think/hoped 🤣

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Your ignore button is still faulty Tops.

Nice to see that you are accepting the weakness in your "arguments" though.

Keep going. You will accept Science eventually. 

You have the displeasure of being countered by rational argument. That's your problem.

Tell us all about the blatant lie. Go on. We'd all love to hear it.

Johns Hopkins, or Tops the paranoid builder. Who to believe?

You're wasting your time Sibon.

7 hours ago, sibon said:

You have the displeasure of being countered by rational argument.

No, you will. Your gotcha is full of holes.

Mocking the "bloke on the street",  as an uninformed nobody doesn't work, because the "experts" you appear to hold in such high regard had, and communicated the same opinion just a few months ago. Masks were not needed, they are full of holes, people will fiddle with them and touch their mouths, they need training to use them, blah blah. That was the narrative, the policy, the guidance, the law.

Two months ago, masks weren't mandatory in England, hardly anyone wore them. The idea that only oddballs are against masks is nonsense.

There have been many instances of the white coats ridiculing the public for buying them or completely downplaying their efficacy, compilation videos of their wishy-washy narrative abound should you wish to search for proof.

The unquestioning worship of white coats and the media is very childlike, how many times do they have to get things wrong before you stop putting them on a pedestal. If you don't know whether a mask helps in a pandemic, if you sit on the fence, you are no expert, step away from that lectern. If you don't know what the typical distance is between an elbow and a nose, if you don't know the distance a sneeze can travel, or the trajectory it might take, you are not in any position to inform or decide public health policy on social distancing. Shaking hands and touching elbows isn't social distancing.

The article you link to (which contradicts itself) implies that the unvaccinated are a danger, and the vaccinated are all safe and fluffy, when it is clear the vaccinated are catching it and spreading it in large numbers, and ending up in hospital with it. Another way of interpreting it, is that the mask is only of use in protecting the wearer, which is a fundamental misunderstanding of their use.

"Unvaccinated people should keep masks on when you’re around others from outside your household. Once you are fully vaccinated, you won’t need to wear a mask everywhere"

Edited by fools

It has just been reported on the radio that one third of patients "hospitalised with Covid" are not actually in hospital with Covid, though personally I suspect it is higher than that and the proportion will rise over the next few weeks.

Many of us saw this coming as we now have a far more infectious but also milder version of Covid, but, I seem to remember, when we mentioned this weeks ago some of the more blinkered suppressionists would not hear of it.

Anyway, at the moment there are 17,000 people in hospital with Covid, so that should actually be about 11 thousand if we want to compare it to the January peak of just under 40,000. That said, what proportion of those back in January weren't actually in for Covid !

9 hours ago, sibon said:

Have you peed your pants yet?

What's your point?

56 minutes ago, fools said:

No, you will. Your gotcha is full of holes.

Mocking the "bloke on the street",  as an uninformed nobody doesn't work, because the "experts" you appear to hold in such high regard had, and communicated the same opinion just a few months ago. Masks were not needed, they are full of holes, people will fiddle with them and touch their mouths, they need training to use them, blah blah. That was the narrative, the policy, the guidance, the law.

Two months ago, masks weren't mandatory in England, hardly anyone wore them. The idea that only oddballs are against masks is nonsense.

There have been many instances of the white coats ridiculing the public for buying them or completely downplaying their efficacy, compilation videos of their wishy-washy narrative abound should you wish to search for proof.

The unquestioning worship of white coats and the media is very childlike, how many times do they have to get things wrong before you stop putting them on a pedestal. If you don't know whether a mask helps in a pandemic, if you sit on the fence, you are no expert, step away from that lectern. If you don't know what the typical distance is between an elbow and a nose, if you don't know the distance a sneeze can travel, or the trajectory it might take, you are not in any position to inform or decide public health policy on social distancing. Shaking hands and touching elbows isn't social distancing.

The article you link to (which contradicts itself) implies that the unvaccinated are a danger, and the vaccinated are all safe and fluffy, when it is clear the vaccinated are catching it and spreading it in large numbers, and ending up in hospital with it. Another way of interpreting it, is that the mask is only of use in protecting the wearer, which is a fundamental misunderstanding of their use.

"Unvaccinated people should keep masks on when you’re around others from outside your household. Once you are fully vaccinated, you won’t need to wear a mask everywhere"

And now from the USA we move onto another version of the anti-science, anti medicine Conspiracy Theorist:

"The unquestioning worship of white coats and the media is very childlike, how many times do they have to get things wrong before you stop putting them on a pedestal."

The vocabulary is so American an so dated, some originality would be good, a more persuasive argument would be good.

Putting your views into a British context would be good as it will also remove the American far-right funded influence.

9 hours ago, sibon said:

Your ignore button is still faulty Tops.

Nice to see that you are accepting the weakness in your "arguments" though.

Keep going. You will accept Science eventually. 

You have the displeasure of being countered by rational argument. That's your problem.

Tell us all about the blatant lie. Go on. We'd all love to hear it.

Johns Hopkins, or Tops the paranoid builder. Who to believe?

Now lets see, do I believe the scientists who fiddled about with nature and gave this disease to the world then tried to cover it up, or Tops.

Guest makapaka
14 hours ago, melthebell said:

how much of a gap do you think there is when NOT wearing  a mask? more than 55.000 nanometres?

That’s a really daft argument - that anything is better than nothing so it should be done…..

This thread just goes round in circles - I’m sure masks are of benefit in some scenarios - in most they are pointless. 

21 minutes ago, retep said:

Now lets see, do I believe the scientists who fiddled about with nature and gave this disease to the world then tried to cover it up, or Tops.

Follow the money 👍

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

And now from the USA we move onto another version of the anti-science, anti medicine Conspiracy Theorist:

"The unquestioning worship of white coats and the media is very childlike, how many times do they have to get things wrong before you stop putting them on a pedestal."

The vocabulary is so American an so dated, some originality would be good, a more persuasive argument would be good.

Putting your views into a British context would be good as it will also remove the American far-right funded influence.

How did I know the resident conspiracy theory weirdo would turn up throwing accusations around. You are sounding very bot like, are you getting paid for this or is it some new AI test (if so, it needs a lot of work to pass the Turing test - very poor comprehension, understanding, and language on display - it's you who needs to work on your local context and lingo. Bots and foreign (or low) intelligence often have difficulty with language and nuance don't they).

The vocabulary is 100% Yorkshire, so bore off and start your own thread where you can talk endlessly about conspiracy theories to yourself. Nobody cares.

The irony of you suggesting I'm being funded by the American far-right, and then accusing me of being a conspiracy theorist. It's laughable, have a word with yourself, or find a new hobby.

You've mentioned conspiracy theory's 184 times, in one thread, time to change the record.

Edited by fools

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

First lockdown lasted about 2 months  March/May 2020, second about 6 weeks Nov / Dec 20, third for March/April 21 about 6 weeks - about 5 months out of last 22.

You could also go out for essential activities eg food shopping, visit doctors on top of your hours exercise - and quite a bit more if you went round as a couple for example, socially distanced from other couples.

The police mainly checked the roads out of cities to stop the spread of covid to the rest of France.

Fantastic, that's really what I call being free, sounds more like the film Soylent Green to me.....

I found, am finding, all this Covid Cobblers suppresison hard enough, and I live in  a detached house with a garden a few hundred yards from the countryside. Most importantly. where we are it is highly unlikely any police would be around anyway so yo ucoudl pretty well ignore it all, plus I managed to go to work all through this.

If I lived in a flat (even worse a Studio flat basically one room FFS) in the middle of a city and could not even go to work I would LITERALLY have gone mad.

I genuinely cannot understand why people think the reaction to Covid has been proportionate and that people could be expected to put up with this. For a virus which pre vaccines and omicron over 99% of people were surviving and had an average age of death of 83. The world has gone mad, why cannot everyone see what is stark staring obvious ?