COVID THREAD

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I like a traditional Christmas where i spend time with friends and family instead of watching YouTube videos 😁

Im pretty much caught up now though 

Which explains your approx 100 posts on SF since Christmas Eve.

Guest sibon
58 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

This video sums up the debates in this thread perfectly 😕

Have you peed your pants yet?

6 hours ago, melthebell said:

indeed, emotive words and phrases such as those, and ones like muzzles, its all done to entice people, get them sucked into the thought process, its grooming.

indeed, like the David Packman video i posted about Russell Brand, its how they groom people pretend to be objective, neutral, not a conspiracy theorist, but like that video you can tell in his clips hes far from neutral or impartial

so when you say "Masks dont work" you really mean "some masks dont work"?

now we are getting somewhere

If your going to contribute on threads like this over a period of time you have to have a decent memory, I stated very early on the certain grades of mask work (although none are 100% effective) the ones that are best have to have the wearer face fit trained and be FFP3 as a minimum, filters also need to be changed on a regular basis, I was shot down in flames for saying this by that arrogant know all Guardian reader. I haven't seen a properly fitted regulation standard mask worn by a single person in public during this whole sham and I'd guess neither have you, so your not "getting somewhere" your clinging onto something that your ilk have already tried to dismiss. 

6 hours ago, Delbow said:

An additional 6000 people in hospital with Covid yesterday compared to the same day last week, let's hope that comes down quickly.

Can you provide the data for this as I've not seen anything like this figure.

4 hours ago, nikki-red said:

And what people don’t take into account is that wearing a mask also stops you touching your mouth and nose as much.

It doesn't stop you touching a mask that any droplets possibly containing the virus will have been drawn to.

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

What  is it that you think that everyone’s forgotten?

Isn't it each other from a virus that has killed millions and the potential for more?

If it was that everyone's forgotten, what made it particularly delighful when walking past three OAPs not wearing a mask.

I was being sarcastic about it being delightful- obviously.

I just find it a bit jarring that we are all walking about wearing masks to protect the vulnerable who are walking around not wearing masks.

5 hours ago, RJRB said:

If you read the transcript of Scott Gottliebs interview his main message is not anti mask.

Just that these should be of a certain quality and worn properly.

I do think that this message is not stressed as it should be.

FFP2 masks and N95 masks were not available to most of the public initially but they are now.

Unfortunately I still have the displeasure of seeing the drivel written by the person you quoted when they are quotes despite blocking him, the first line of the link he's posted tells a blatant lie about transmission from vaccinated people so you can take the rest with a pinch of salt, its more vaccine propaganda.

Guest sibon
29 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I was shot down in flames for saying this by that arrogant know all Guardian reader. 

Your ignore button is still faulty Tops.

Nice to see that you are accepting the weakness in your "arguments" though.

Keep going. You will accept Science eventually. 

23 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Unfortunately I still have the displeasure of seeing the drivel written by the person you quoted when they are quotes despite blocking him, the first line of the link he's posted tells a blatant lie about transmission from vaccinated people so you can take the rest with a pinch of salt, its more vaccine propaganda.

You have the displeasure of being countered by rational argument. That's your problem.

Tell us all about the blatant lie. Go on. We'd all love to hear it.

Johns Hopkins, or Tops the paranoid builder. Who to believe?

Edited by sibon

29 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Can you provide the data for this as I've not seen anything like this figure.

17,276 now in hospital with covid in the UK according to data.gov.uk - that's about double what it was on Christmas Eve.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=overview&areaName=United Kingdom

Edited by Longcol

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

I hope that you take particular note of the request that a mask should be worn when visiting the elderly.You wouldn’t want to deliver Covid viruses with their groceries.

My oldies (bar a few) are all switched on to this charade. But thank you for your concern 👍

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

17,276 now hospitalised with covid in the UK according to data.gov.uk - that's about double what it was on Christmas Eve.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=overview&areaName=United Kingdom

"With" is a ridiculous way to measure figures, we need to know exactly who is going onto hospital because of it, not people getting tested positive for the cold whilst in there.

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

How can you touch your nose or mouth when wearing a mask ?

Try and work it out. 

15 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Try and work it out. 

Please tell me