COVID THREAD

****e is going to hit the fan in new year , The health service will collapse around us , My Dr's surgery is in crisis , Scotland and Wales are right with the policy of no New Year clubs and pubs .  Party now and reap the economical collapse next year .

Guest makapaka
54 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I wondered this myself.  We knew this over 12 months ago!

Could  it potentially show people who had a previous aysmptomatic infection as being positive when they weren’t then?

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

Imagine if you couldn’t test for Covid.

Sound like a bunch of full on divs

That's the thing, they might not be, they might just have been groomed into extremism by the lies online

Guest makapaka
34 minutes ago, sibon said:

If you go and check out what the WHO are currently saying, you will be even happier.

What are they saying now?

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

On your point about side effects of vaccines being worth putting up with in order to get the protection against Covid I agree with you for people at any significant risk from Covid (basically people over 40 and/or with existing health problems). On the other hand there is no need for young healthy people to be vaccinated against Covid. In fcat it is arguably immoral when there are millions of genuinely vulnerable people in third world countries who have had no vaccine at all.

If they only gave it to those 40+ or with existing issues I still don't think that would change the situation in 3'rd world countries.

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

All I have said is, right from the start, the BBC have been fully signed up members of the Suppression strategy

My bold. 

Oh dear!  Oh dear, oh dear, oh, dear.  Well, we're all indebted to you for pointing it out, I'm sure. 

Roll up.  Get a free pot of magic beans with every tin foil hat. 

Guest sibon
47 minutes ago, makapaka said:

What are they saying now?

Basically that we are nearing the end of the pandemic. But patience and basic public heath measures are still needed.

Thanks to the vaccine, those who have taken it, and the emergence of omicron.

It has cost an awful lot of lives though and there are still more to be lost.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

Basically that we are nearing the end of the pandemic. But patience and basic public heath measures are still needed.

I have seen this on MSM but await confirmation via Twitter.

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I got it on parchment, delivered by an arrow fired from the ramparts of Bolsover Castle.

24 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Can't people lie on twitter or something?

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Though the numbers are a drop in the ocean compared to preventable 'lifestyle' diseases like obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease. And, unlike covid which is on it's way out, they look set to continue for decades.

Strange how, despite the much higher numbers of deaths, there have been pretty much zero draconian measures instigated by the authorites, or, supported/demanded by the public.

Edited by onewheeldave

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Though the numbers are a drop in the ocean compared to preventable 'lifestyle' diseases like obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease. And, unlike covid which is on it's way out, they look set to continue for decades.

Strange how, despite the much higher numbers of deaths, there have been pretty much zero draconian measures instigated by the authorites, or, supported/demanded by the public.

You've said all that before.

I don't disagree with you that something needs doing about lifestyle diseases.

However, allowing Covid to rip, which was your preferred option, would have made outcomes for those people even worse.

I think it is time that you considered that, rather than simply repeating an admittedly valid point.