COVID THREAD

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

😂Not all hero's wear capes 😂

Nope but they do get vaccinated 😉

Well the BBC agenda of fear continues. Cases are actually DOWN in the UK over Xmas so what do the BBC do? Put this near the top of their main page. Absolutely staggering.

https://ibb.co/vDWvgSY

53 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Nope but they do get vaccinated 😉

Touche' 

36 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well the BBC agenda of fear continues. Cases are actually DOWN in the UK over Xmas so what do the BBC do? Put this near the top of their main page. Absolutely staggering.

https://ibb.co/vDWvgSY

You mean Absolutely typical? 

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It is VERY interesting to those of us who know the response to Covid is the biggest over reaction in the history of the world.

Less so to people who are still scared of it, despite, ironically, nearly all of them being vaccinated.

QUESTION :

These people who think everyone should be vaccinated because the vaccine is so effective against Covid, why, if they are vaccinated themselves, are they still so frightened of Covid ?

I'm not frightened of Covid (I'm sitting here with it - currently it's like a bad cold without the snot).

I'm also starting to think current thinking is an overreaction: if most of the population (most importantly the vulnerable) are fully vaccinated, and boosted, and we now have effective treatments for it, why are we treating Covid any differently to 'flu?

I'm speaking as someone who worked on a Covid ward this time last year, when I was absolutely of the opinion that measures were justified.  Also speaking as someone who thinks that the attitude that because someone has a particular number to their age, and are considered 'elderly', that they are expendable - what bobbins!

Guest makapaka

There’s no reason to impose restrictions at the moment - which is why they haven’t and I’m glad.

3 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I'm not frightened of Covid (I'm sitting here with it - currently it's like a bad cold without the snot).

I'm also starting to think current thinking is an overreaction: if most of the population (most importantly the vulnerable) are fully vaccinated, and boosted, and we now have effective treatments for it, why are we treating Covid any differently to 'flu?

I'm speaking as someone who worked on a Covid ward this time last year, when I was absolutely of the opinion that measures were justified.  Also speaking as someone who thinks that the attitude that because someone has a particular number to their age, and are considered 'elderly', that they are expendable - what bobbins!

I think a lot of people would echo your sentiments as things appear to be panning out.

That is not to deny that only the passage of time gives some further and much needed clarity and no government will lift all restrictions at a stroke as some would wish.

32 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I think a lot of people would echo your sentiments as things appear to be panning out.

That is not to deny that only the passage of time gives some further and much needed clarity and no government will lift all restrictions at a stroke as some would wish.

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And despite what I said, I still didn't want to risk passing it on to my (relatively healthy) parents over Christmas.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Smart bloke. Some of you would do well to listen to him. 

I wont hold my breath though

https://fb.watch/a9UAAqSxp6/

I agree, Dr. Mike Yeadon, he has called for this to stop right from the get go, he knows his stuff and is not a government paid stooge, or holds shares in big pharma.

3 hours ago, Delayed said:

Again, I don't know people's medical background. So I will mask up when asked to do so and keep my distance because I might run into an unvaccinated person with an undiagnosed medical condition which my asymptomatic covid might trigger.

Asymptomatic transmission, which is not as likely as symptomatic transmission.

To someone with an undiagnosed medical condition (remember it has to be an undiagnosed condition which directly significantly increases ones chances of the chop from Covid), how likely is that ?

Not very likely.....

Someone who has chosen not to be vaccinated.

Nuff said.

2 minutes ago, Axel said:

I agree, Dr. Mike Yeadon, he has called for this to stop right from the get go, he knows his stuff and is not a government paid stooge, or holds shares in big pharma.

Mike Yeadon predicted Covid would fizzle out in the UK in October 2020. 100,000 deaths since then - knows his stuff alright................

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-vaccines-skeptic/

3 hours ago, Delayed said:

Is it such a hindrance on my life [for me] to wear a mask in crowded places? Or keep a seat apart? Not really. 

So you wear a mask if you want to (though I would really rather you did not, I hate seeing people in them, it is not good for my mental health).

But that is a big step from those of us who do not want to wear a mask being forced to wear one.

Particularly as they do close to sod all :

England : No mask mandate since July (to 30th Nov), no vaccine passport (to 10th Dec)
Scotland : Mask mandate still in force from last year, vaccine passport since 1st Oct (enforced since 18th Oct)
Wales : Mask mandate still in force from last year, vaccine passport since 11th Oct

Patients in hospital with a positive Covid test per million popn (on 3rd Dec 21, the last date for which the change in England's mandate can have had any effect)

England : 103.7
Scotland : 118.5
Wales : 141.3

Deaths from any cause within 28 days of a positive Covid test
Last date for which full data is available is 26 Nov for Eng and Scot, and 25 Nov for Wales.
Number of deaths 7 day average / per million popn =

England = 95.4 / 1.69
Scotland = 10.6 / 1.93
Wales = 5.7 / 1.78