COVID THREAD

48 minutes ago, Anna B said:

This from Dr Angelique Coetzee, the South African GP who knows more about its effects than anyone.

'I alerted the wider world to Omicron, and I believe Britain is overreacting.'

'A hard lockdown would slow the process of Omnicon making its way through the population and allowing people to develop the vital antibodies which will move the population towards 'herd immunity.'

Like I said, nature is the best antivaccine in this case.

No offence, but unless she's also a virologist- so what. She's also in country that has an average age 13 years younger than ours- quite important for a disease that ****s old people. And it's summer over there.

Other than that, the situations are identical.

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

Don't see many of the "thousands needlessly died" folks weighing in on old joe's incompetence.

Especially when deaths from COVID blame was his No.1 issue in his campaign.

According to Worldometer

Covid Cases

Under Trump 24,638,000

Under Biden 26,652,000 and rising daily.

Covid Deaths

Under Trump 426,769

Under Biden 396,661 and rising daily

And Biden had those "effective and safe" vaccines, courtesy of the Trump Admin's, "unprecedented" and "miraculous") Warp Speed Vaccine Development Program.

Well it wouldn't be falling daily would it, trastrick

As you well know the main reason is the 60-70 million Trump cult lunatics who refuse the vaccine having seen all the far right conspiracy sites that you also use.

20 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

No offence, but unless she's also a virologist- so what. She's also in country that has an average age 13 years younger than ours- quite important for a disease that ****s old people. And it's summer over there.

Other than that, the situations are identical.

Believe the science but only the science that suits your argument 😄

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

It's not at all about being right, it's assessing the situation as you see it and reacting in the best possible way for everyone, the actions of the Government currently are absolutely farcical and engineered to coerce people into a jab they don't need, that's the be all and end all, what I want to do is to actually make people see that before it's too late, unfortunately many are not.

Are you happy that vital cancer screenings and smear tests (the key to cancer treatments) are being halted to push a booster vaccine that the majority don't need and for a mild illness?

Yeah, that's not really a response to what I wrote though, is it.  That's just more examples of the stuff you think you're right about, with a tacked on attempt to distract and divert from my point.

You literally anticipated the enjoyment of you and your chums basking and gloating in your rightness:

...me, you, Onewheeldave and The_Daddy amongst others will be able to kick and bask in how much we got right, as much as I won't like what will be happening then the "I told you so's" will be quite the tonic.

Pretty sick, really, but you do you. 

4 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Got a link to this?

Does it apply to people who're sick with covid, or, people who are sick with things other than covid?

Does such a policy not encourage anyone who is sick to come into work anyway, creating safety issues and spreading the disease?

You're not concerned that the authorities announced a death from/with omicron in a time period which is too short for a death from omicron.

HR Magazine - Morrisons to cut sick pay for unvaccinated, isolating employees

20 minutes ago, BigPP said:

Well it wouldn't be falling daily would it, trastrick

As you well know the main reason is the 60-70 million Trump cult lunatics who refuse the vaccine having seen all the far right conspiracy sites that you also use.

Just accept the truth.

46 minutes ago, Hecate said:

The article you linked to answers the question.  Whether you believe it depends on whether you accept the analysis from Breitbart via Christianity Daily, I suppose.

It's in the New York Times as well. Not been on TV though.

1 minute ago, Hecate said:

Yeah, that's not really a response to what I wrote though, is it.  That's just more examples of the stuff you think you're right about, with a tacked on attempt to distract and divert from my point.

You literally anticipated the enjoyment of you and your chums basking and gloating in your rightness:

Pretty sick, really, but you do you. 

I will most certainly enjoy the moment but as I said, i won't enjoy the situation we will all be in.

Pretty sick to me is letting cancer screenings be postponed for a needless vaccine, not a few words on a forum.

6 hours ago, Hecate said:

There it is.  That's the key to this thread, isn't it?  Being right.  Pathetically, it's about a small group of shouty blokes on a small forum desperately wanting to be right; and not only being right, preening in your perceived rightness. 

If we end up seeing fewer cases, hospitalisations and deaths than anticipated - whether that's due to people's own actions and medical intervention, or because the data and modelling was incorrect - the response from sane people will be collective relief, not this sad, self-congratulatory gloating.

I am bemused in the extreme by this post.

A number of people on this forum have been consistently saying Covid is not as bad as people think, certainly post vaccines, and we do not need to keep supressing society in order to combat it. If these positive optimistic people are right everyone should celebrate because we can get back to normal and that we have less chance of being suppressed the next time a scariant comes along. Why anyone should not want to get back to normal I cannot imagine.

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

No, if the data and modeling were wrong, and the MSM World Fear Mongering was grossly overblown, the worst miscreants should be publicly identified, and held accountable, not letting them go on to repeat the next Pandemonium, with business as usual! Say Climate Change.

"Let's just move on", is the mantra of the formerly arrogant and insulting, losers, perps, and their supporters!

Well, I do know that the folks who firmly believed that protein was the genetic material were rounded up and shot when further evidence demonstrated that it was in fact DNA. 

I read stuff like that I'm just... I'm truly sorry that you were failed by your science lessons.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I am bemused in the extreme by this post.

A number of people on this forum have been consistently saying Covid is not as bad as people think, certainly post vaccines, and we do not need to keep supressing society in order to combat it. If these positive optimistic people are right everyone should celebrate because we can get back to normal and that we have less chance of being suppressed the next time a scariant comes along. Why anyone should not want to get back to normal I cannot imagine.

That is completely in line with your usual comprehension of previous posts.

20 minutes ago, top4718 said:

She's a GP. Where's the data outside of her own limited pool of patients?

22 minutes ago, top4718 said:

This is unarguable. I accept I tend to do this, but what I find unacceptable is that the suppressionists (and the pro mask brigade) never admit they are doing exactly the same thing.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

She's a GP. Where's the data outside of her own limited pool of patients?

GPs aren't the fountain of knowledge you think they are.