COVID THREAD

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

@Chekhov

Infection from the virus is indiscriminate.

Discuss

Classic swerve there.

If anyone was told "this virus [which is dangerous enough to require us to introduce draconian restrictions that have never been used before in the history of the world] is indiscriminate", they would think I am at the same risk of death or serious illness as anyone else. And the fact that some parents actually thought their kids were at significant risk from Covid (and some SF mods in fact....) proves that's EXACTLY what a lot of people were thinking. So, at an absolute minimum the government should have corrected that but, oddly, they never did. They were quite happy for millions of parents to unnecessarily worry about their kids (and in fact themselves) just to ensure everyone was frightened enough to comply with their draconian edicts.

Edited by Chekhov

Oooooooohhhh

Zulu (1964) - "you're all going to die!" - YouTube

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Cheers for the link matey 

No prob, the Covidians are out in strength, keep you head down and your arm, or they'll be vaxxing you! 🤡

Edited by SheffieldBricky
blah blah

28 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have been listening to some of the Covid Briefing and it is sickening.

Of the questions I heard all seemed to be "shouldn't we be suppressing society even more ?", none were actually challenging any of this, It's a pity Julia Hartley Brewer wasnt there, she'd make them squirm.

Did the fact that there has been just 1 death with [not from] omicron get raised at all? 

34 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Oooooooohhhh

No prob, the Covidians are out in strength, keep you head down and your arm, or they'll be vaxxing you! 🤡

Are our regular posters giving out vaccines now? Great, can I book an appointment please? I might get my jab quicker going to them rather than trying to use that NHS website

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Are our regular posters giving out vaccines now? Great, can I book an appointment please? I might get my jab quicker going to them rather than trying to use that NHS website

Good luck whichever path you take. 

38 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Did the fact that there has been just 1 death with [not from] omicron get raised at all? 

Did they raise the fact its been in the country about 2 weeks?

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Classic swerve there.

If anyone was told "this virus [which is dangerous enough to require us to introduce draconian restrictions that have never been used before in the history of the world] is indiscriminate", they would think I am at the same risk of death or serious illness as anyone else. And the fact that some parents actually thought their kids were at significant risk from Covid (and some SF mods in fact....) proves that's EXACTLY what a lot of people were thinking. So, at an minimum the government should have corrected that but, oddly, they never did. They were quite happy for millions of parents to unnecessarily worry about their kids (and in fact themselves) just to ensure everyone was frightened enough to comply with their draconian edicts.

That’s your interpretation and not everybody’s.

You refer back to a comment in March 2020 since which much water continues to flow under the bridge.

You and others still believe that you know it all well before any experts who are working day and night to understand a changing scenario.

5 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Here's that link again- I did notice how several of the orthodox narrative supporters were calling out for legitmate links, so a bit strange how little comment there has been on it. Perhaps some of you should stop going for the easy targets and address the fact that it is not just 'conspiracy theorists' who are very concerned about the effect of the measures on civil liberties?

https://academic.oup.com/jlb/article/7/1/lsaa064/591272

Do you really claim to have read and absorbed that lot.If so I take my hat off to you.

Civil Liberties is a tricky subject as evidenced by the highest courts in Europe arguing the toss as to whether an action infringes an individuals or groups civil rights.

What Civil Liberties have you lost and would the granting of your Civil Liberties impinge on someone else’s?

2 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Oooooooohhhh

😂

I'll keep my head down. Cheers for the advice 😉

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

Bojo the clown is on tv right now, hope youre all watching like good boys and girls ;)

I pay as much attention to him as I do to mask and jab mandates. 

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Big massive red banner in front of him, just to try and scare a few more people.

It'll work too. 

2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Obviously not.....

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

The fact you think I am on a "Covid high horse" is very worrying, bearing in mind all I am pointing out is this is a massive over reaction, certainly historically speaking* and trying to get some balance into this scaremongering.

* And anyone who knows anything about history will confirm that.

Ah, now, you really shouldn’t worry, because it makes positively zero difference to me.

I’m not desperate to be right on everything Covid, nor to challenge your Covid theories: I’m very happy to keep it light, follow healthcare advice with vaccinations (boosted Pfizer here) and masking (been masking all year and longer here, none the worse for it) etc and, looking at the latest stats, sit back and let the next few weeks’ worth of Omicron wave cast its own evidentiary light on your “nowt to worry about” stance.

😉

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

That’s your interpretation [of "this virus is indiscriminate"] and not everybody’s.

OK, if it wasn't everybody's interpretation, why were Sheffield Forum moderators [under the previous owners] deleting posts saying kids were at no risk from Covid, which was known at the time (see below) for people with the self confidence to do their own research ?

And, just as importantly (possibly more so), once it became known that, for example, parents were worrying about their kids (and even little old me knew about that), why did the government not clarify exactly who was at risk ?

Tell you what I'll tell you shall I ? Because they wanted to spread fear in order to encourage compliance with their draconian suppression policies and were not bothered if people worried and stressed themselves unnecessarily. And you know that's true.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

You refer back to a comment in March 2020 since which much water continues to flow under the bridge.

You and others still believe that you know it all well before any experts who are working day and night to understand a changing scenario.

You are spreading misinformation saying that this was not known in March 2020 :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51674743

This should also be on Carbuncle's "misinformation" thread, it's just as relevant on there, but the suppressionists would complain and get it deleted (like they did the last time they were losing the argument).

BBC-News-Imperial-college-SAGE-Covid-dea

Note the date : 16 March 2020

We were subject to a draconian lockdown from, err, the 23 March 2020.

Edited by Chekhov