COVID THREAD

This is interesting, info from this source :

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/weekly-total-archive/

It is deaths with / from Covid in hospital in England from March 2020 to  the 1st Dec this year.

These are deaths in hospital so to get the totals multiplying by about 1.45 should get approximately the correct numbers for all deaths.

And to convert for the UK multiply by about 1.2

Anyway, this table is particularly interesting because it splits up those with and without pre existing conditions. The facts it reveals are astounding.

Only 6333 people (corrected for all) in England (who had no pre-existing conditions) died of Covid in 21 months ! To put that into perspective over a million people would die (just in England) in that time.

I have frequently said I would recommend vaccinations for people over 40 and/or had no pre existing conditions, and that vaccinating healthy people under that age is not really necessary. And I was right because only 239 (corrected) people in the category died from/with Covid. And I would guess quite a high proportion of those may have died with Covid, not of it.

In fact, since only around 1415 (corrected) healthy people under 60 have died of Covid, it is arguable that healthy people under that age do not really need vaccinating either. Remember about 2000 people die on the roads every year, so, statistically they literally are in more danger driving than from Covid.....

959336508_EnglandCoviddeathsMar20to1stDe

Edited by Chekhov

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/weekly-total-archive/

It is deaths with / from Covid in England from March 2020 to  the 1st Dec this year.

It is particularly interesting because it splits up those with and without pre existing conditions. The facts it reveals are astounding.

Only 4368 people in England (who had no pre-existing conditions) died of Covid in 21 months ! To put that into perspective over a million people would die (just in England) in that time.

I have frequently said I would recommend vaccinations for people over 40 and/or had no pre existing conditions, only 165 peopel in the category I say do not need vaccinating died from/with Covid. And I would guess quite a high proportion of those may have died with Covid, not of it.

Since only 976 healthy people under 60 have died of Covid it is arguable that healthy people under that age do not really need vaccinating either. Remember about 2000 peopel die on the roads every year, so, statistically they are in more danger driving than of Covid.....

Pre existing condition     Total
Total   98,599
0 - 19     76
20 - 39     823
40 - 59     7,594
60 - 79     38,250
80+     51,855
Unknown age     1

Yes 1   94,231
0 - 19     59
20 - 39     683
40 - 59     6,775
60 - 79     36,445
80+     50,269
Unknown age     0

No 0   4,368
0 - 19     17
20 - 39     140
40 - 59     819
60 - 79     1,805
80+     1,586
Unknown age     1

Please stop posting misinformation.

You have offered a source for your data but the source does not actually provide the data you assert it does. You have not indicated what you did to the source's information to derive your data. The data in your table is incorrect according to the coronavirus dashboard (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths  ) which for example, provides a count of deaths with covid of 146 135 (today's number not Dec 1st) rather than 98 599.

19 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Please stop posting misinformation.

You have offered a source for your data but the source does not actually provide the data you assert it does. You have not indicated what you did to the source's information to derive your data. The data in your table is incorrect according to the coronavirus dashboard (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths  ) which for example, provides a count of deaths with covid of 146 135 (today's number not Dec 1st) rather than 98 599.

Thanks for pointing that out, I shall update the original post :

"The weekly announced file is updated on a weekly basis and contains information on the deaths of patients who have died in hospitals in England and tested positive for COVID-19. This file contains breakdowns by ethnicity, gender and age group, presence of a pre-existing condition and age group, and certain pre-existing conditions. Below are the previous weekly files that have been published. The first weekly file was published on 21st May 2020."

Edited by Chekhov

28 minutes ago, butlers said:

And your point is ?

He has reduced lung function after a viral infection. What kind of story is that ? It's  a non story..... Other than the BBC trying to make a point to encourage young people to get vaccinated. They're supposed to be unbiased.

Funnily enough, I had a throat infection (I think) just after Xmas and had a cough for 2 or 3 months.......

Edited by Chekhov

As we have had claims at every footballer collapse it's vaccine ,thought I would post it.

Not covid but looks like the season of colds is back ,so many sneezing n coughing in pub yesterday

What effect does the revised rulings mean for local football stadiums.

How are they going to police current Lateral Flow Tests or passports.

What does it mean for season ticket holders?

Sounds like another government botch up to me.

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It is deaths with / from Covid in hospital in England from March 2020 to  the 1st Dec this year.

These are deaths in hospital so to get the totals multiplying by about 1.45 should get approximately the correct numbers for all deaths.

And to convert for the UK multiply by about 1.2

Anyway, this table is particularly interesting because it splits up those with and without pre existing conditions. The facts it reveals are astounding.

Only 6333 people (corrected for all) in England (who had no pre-existing conditions) died of Covid in 21 months ! To put that into perspective over a million people would die (just in England) in that time.

I have frequently said I would recommend vaccinations for people over 40 and/or had no pre existing conditions, and that vaccinating healthy people under that age is not really necessary. And I was right because only 239 (corrected) people in the category died from/with Covid. And I would guess quite a high proportion of those may have died with Covid, not of it.

In fact, since only around 1415 (corrected) healthy people under 60 have died of Covid, it is arguable that healthy people under that age do not really need vaccinating either. Remember about 2000 people die on the roads every year, so, statistically they literally are in more danger driving than from Covid.....

959336508_EnglandCoviddeathsMar20to1stDe

Pre-existing condition does not mean at deaths door - worked with colleagues with diabetes for years. Nearly a quarter of the UK population have underlying conditions.

https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-021-10427-2

90% plus who died with / of covid have covid registered as the main underlying cause on their death certificates.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/473199-coronavirus-part-two/page/945/?tab=comments#comment-8470394

34 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Pre-existing condition does not mean at deaths door - worked with colleagues with diabetes for years. Nearly a quarter of the UK population have underlying conditions.

https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-021-10427-2

90% plus who died with / of covid have covid registered as the main underlying cause on their death certificates.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/473199-coronavirus-part-two/page/945/?tab=comments#comment-8470394

and the funny thing is you dont always know you have a pre existing condition...until you die from it, Joe Strummer was a case in point

9 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Boris is under pressure from his cronies to force people to have Covid ID Passports - so they can sell them and make profits from them and associated technologies.  

Post No.1 must have passed you by.

“If you are going to post information, not an opinion, please back this up with your source.”

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

and the funny thing is you dont always know you have a pre existing condition...until you die from it, Joe Strummer was a case in point

42 years since I bought the "London Calling" album - that does make me feel old.