Energy Costs

21 hours ago, El Cid said:

Cheap deals for customers, I wonder how much money they saved. What is different now, compared to the days of British Leyland?

no one (in the energy sector)  is on strike

Anyone who bought fixed contracts and not simply stayed on the variable tariff would have saved money. Last week I was speaking with someone in the executive office of my energy supplier about something and she said to me she wished she was on my deal right now and was paying as little as me - sure when it ends I will have a massive hike but for the time being i am quids in

I have little to no rise in price but I think the reason for this is the fact that my previous supplier, Scottish Power,  was terrible. They switched meters between apartments, wrongly installed "smart meter*, then after my complaints, they provided estimated bill for family of 13, not 3 of us.  If Kafka "Trial" and "Only Fools and Horses" had a child, it would be Scottish Power. Literally, dark, grotesque satire. Switched to EON Next, fixed tariff. I am providing my own meter readings manually ( thank you, but no thank you, smart meter ever again) and I am actually in credit.

Edited by Guest

What I should have done if to pay the £60.00 exit charge when my fixed deal had two months to run and there were still decent fixed deals available. However I didn’t so no point moaning about it, and I might just have switched to a supplier that subsequently went bust.

24 minutes ago, crookesey said:

What I should have done if to pay the £60.00 exit charge when my fixed deal had two months to run and there were still decent fixed deals available. However I didn’t so no point moaning about it, and I might just have switched to a supplier that subsequently went bust.

The benefits of hindsight.

I was lucky as switched in Jan last year and Eon were offering a good 15 month fix and slightly better deal than Bulb. At the time was thinking a spring renewal next time might be better than one in the depths of winter. 

thinking of turning on my heating now while the prices are low!!!

Have all the non-profit making energy companies gone bust?

That will cost the tax payer millions, yet you would think that they would be better run, in the interests of its customers.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Have all the non-profit making energy companies gone bust?

That will cost the tax payer millions, yet you would think that they would be better run, in the interests of its customers.

Not the tax payer. The costs will be added to YOUR bills starting in April when the cap will be raised.

like I have said the regulator was asleep..  

3 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

Not the tax payer. The costs will be added to YOUR bills starting in April when the cap will be raised.

like I have said the regulator was asleep..  

Indeed, the total cost of managing the fallout of each supplier collapse is likely to pile an extra £120 on to energy bills across Great Britain this winter

a couple of observations:

thank goodness for the menopause and, at last, my kids accept it’s ok to wear jumpers indoors!