Roll On January 1st.

22 hours ago, pattricia said:

Now in January we will be seeing Easter eggs in the shops !

I think the Creme Eggs appear on Boxing Day.

Personally, I don't know what Dalek Advent Calendars have to do with Bonfire Night and Halloween - apart from they all seem to be in the shops at the same time.

There were shepherds in the fields watching their flocks by night. And the angel appeared unto them saying "Get these sheep sheared, for it is the time of Christmas pullovers."

To believe in Christmas you should believe that Christ was/is the son of God, as for God Judaism appear to have introduced the ‘one true God’ come 4,000 to 6,000 years ago, dependent on opinion.

My wife is the product of a Jewish father and a Roman Catholic mother, my roots are c of e based, however the whole thing is lost on me. I participate in the hypocrisy by wishing folk ‘Happy Christmas’, and not meaning it,  I don’t care for turkey, it tastes very bland to me, much prefer a rib eye steak cooked rare.

New year is something real to celebrate, albeit making me feel a year older, which beats the hell out of the alternative. 🤣

If you don't believe in Jesus Christ why celebrate Christmas?   Unless you just cherry-pick.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

To believe in Christmas you should believe that Christ was/is the son of God, as for God Judaism appear to have introduced the ‘one true God’ come 4,000 to 6,000 years ago, dependent on opinion.

My wife is the product of a Jewish father and a Roman Catholic mother, my roots are c of e based, however the whole thing is lost on me. I participate in the hypocrisy by wishing folk ‘Happy Christmas’, and not meaning it,  I don’t care for turkey, it tastes very bland to me, much prefer a rib eye steak cooked rare.

New year is something real to celebrate, albeit making me feel a year older, which beats the hell out of the alternative. 🤣

I was brought up a Catholic but actually Christ wasn’t born at Christmas.

I doubt that most assumed dates of over one millennium are anywhere near to accurate.

26 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I was brought up a Catholic but actually Christ wasn’t born at Christmas.

I once read he was born January 6th

Psst! :wave:

Don't all rush at once but...

... there's FREE mince pies over at Padders Bar right now! :)

18 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Psst! :wave:

Don't all rush at once but...

... there's FREE mince pies over at Padders Bar right now! :)

Thanks Mr. Bloke,

You will also find some "FREE" mulled wine, to wash em down.

They've been playing Christmas music all day at work. Please shoot me now... 😬

On 09/12/2021 at 10:13, *Wallace* said:

Absolutely detest Christmas.

I'll have a good Xmas now I know someone feels the same as me. :hihi:

10 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

They've been playing Christmas music all day at work. Please shoot me now... 😬

Or chuck a sicky in till after Xmas. :hihi:

On 09/12/2021 at 12:29, Anna B said:

I don't think a lot of people are in the mood for Christmas this year, (or is that just me?)

Too much doom and gloom around. Christmas jollifications just emphasise everything that's going wrong at the moment.

Its not just you Anna, lots of people are fed up at the Mo because of this flippin Virus poppin its head up all the time, people are hesitent to arrange stuff due to fear of having to cancel last minuet. 

4 hours ago, cressida said:

If you don't believe in Jesus Christ why celebrate Christmas?   Unless you just cherry-pick.

Christmas hopped onto the back of pre-Christian winter celebrations, and many of our traditional Christmas symbols and festivities have their basis in Paganism.  So even though I'm an atheist, and Christmas isn't my favourite time of the year, I'm happy to join in the appropriation and stuff myself silly with mince pies and fizz. :)