Every Thing Is Going Up .

I’ve noticed stuff is going up though. Just tanked the car up as well and winced at the one pound forty odd a litre for E10. Guess that’s payback for the 99p a litre I was enjoying during the first lockdown.

24 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Brexit has caused inflation in the USA too?

And across the whole of Europe?

Wow

Have I got a new stalker? 🤣

35 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Brexit has caused inflation in the USA too?

And across the whole of Europe?

Wow

It’s an aggravating factor for the UK (except NI), through staffing and supply shortages causing overheads to increase.

But it’s not the only factor, and likely not a majority one either. For now that is, until 01/01/22 when customs checks ratchet up again.

Other factors are shared globally (freight woes and costs since last year, energy costs and post-lockdown pent-up demand this year). 

Everything costs more to make and ship, and actors across any supply chain can only absorb so much extra costs before eventually having to pass some on.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Rest easy, cuttsie. Our lovely government hasn’t stopped the yearly rise that tracks inflation. It’s the rise that tracks average wage rises that’s been stopped.

Pensions: What is the triple lock and why has it been 'suspended'? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530

So I'm wrong .

Just wait until you get your gas bill.

17 minutes ago, fools said:

Just wait until you get your gas bill.

So I'm right.

21 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

So I'm right.

Not about the inflation increase of pensions - you'll get a cpi increase. But real inflation is far higher than cpi.

The currency has been devalued... all that printing of money has an effect. Fuel costs are going through the roof. Interest rates are far too low. A series of inept lefty governments  - Back to the 70's

Try Asda/Aldi instead.

Edited by fools

25 minutes ago, fools said:

Not about the inflation increase of pensions - you'll get a cpi increase. But real inflation is far higher than cpi.

The currency has been devalued... all that printing of money has an effect. Fuel costs are going through the roof. Interest rates are far too low. A series of inept lefty governments  - Back to the 70's

Try Asda/Aldi instead.

'Inept lefty governments' ? Like those silver spoon, public school wallahs always got everything right ?

Always no, sometimes yes.

The obsession with schooling is amusing, I'm more interested in competence.

This isn't a Tory government, it's a fiscally inept wishy washy dropped lasagne, lacking any mature oversight, and any sort of competence - they've nicked Labours ground. Highest taxes ever, country falling apart, you've got a Labour government in all but name

Edited by fools

7 hours ago, fools said:

The obsession with schooling is amusing, I'm more interested in competence.

This isn't a Tory government, it's a fiscally inept wishy washy dropped lasagne, lacking any mature oversight, and any sort of competence - they've nicked Labours ground. Highest taxes ever, country falling apart, you've got a Labour government in all but name

The economy isnt devalued because of the unions, its devalued because of QE; so your statment in post 19 that this is a Labour type government is incorrect.

17 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Just done my weekly shop , And I get the same half dozen things every week from Morrisons , (My mrs does the main shopping ) 

Any way I have noticed that those half dozen purchases have gone up in price by over £2 in the last four weeks .(33%)

This despite the Government stopping the yearly pensioners rise that tracts inflation .

So why have our prices gone through the roof , how are we supposed to pay when the Government have limited the pension rise .

(Although I did notice that the clothes section was pretty stable it seems as though everything is going up except night dresses ).

:huh: Have you Yorkshire types lost the art of thriftiness 

Said it before, something is only expensive if you buy it.

Gave up on Morrisons a while ago, they think because they have everything there in one place, you will pay whatever the fluctuating price ticket says this week.

Don't do it, if a tub of Clover is £3.40 at Morrisons but £4 for 2x tubs at Asda (now £2.40 per tub) yer can't complain how your food bills gone up at Morrisons if you still went ahead and bought it.

Alternatives?

As much as me and HTSBO love HP sauce, the price for a bottle over £2 is just silly (same for a decent Soy sauce).

I'm not on commission :suspect:, but Aldi's cheapo Brown sauce at 45p tastes even better and probably more like the HP we all knew and loved before we stopped making it here, the cheapo Soy sauce again a few pence instead of £1+. They don't to a Henderson's alternative though 🥴 (they do do a cheapo Worcestershire sauce at 45p :heyhey:). Bread (named brands) are usually cheaper or on a par at Aldi / Lidl and some of their speciality breads are really quite good. Their veg / fresh meats (chilled) are a hell of a lot cheaper than Morrisons / Tesco's and of a good quality, £1.67 for a tray of chicken thighs 40p for a bag of carrots £1 a bag a potatoes = Chicken casserole for two days.

So there you are shop around,

Farm foods aren't as cheap as they used to be, but same again only buy what you think is a good deal.

and before all youse start shouting price of petrol, going from one shop 'T other etc etc, plan the shop first, most food stores are close to each other now anyway. 

Sorry Cuttsie  - Don't get your point about the clothing,

surely its better when 'Night dresses' have gone up :thumbsup:🙃:bigsmile::hihi::blush:.   

Keep safe out there 8).

Edited by Rockers rule
-

Well , The night frock has finally been exposed .