Every Thing Is Going Up .

Just done my weekly shop , And I get the same half dozen things every week from Morrisons , (My mrs does the main shopping ) 

Any way I have noticed that those half dozen purchases have gone up in price by over £2 in the last four weeks .(33%)

This despite the Government stopping the yearly pensioners rise that tracts inflation .

So why have our prices gone through the roof , how are we supposed to pay when the Government have limited the pension rise .

(Although I did notice that the clothes section was pretty stable it seems as though everything is going up except night dresses ).

I saw this coming a while ago which is why we have a very well stocked store room filled to the brim with all the essentials and treats for the kids too. Both my freezers are full as are my kitchen cupboards as well 👍

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Just done my weekly shop , And I get the same half dozen things every week from Morrisons , (My mrs does the main shopping ) 

Any way I have noticed that those half dozen purchases have gone up in price by over £2 in the last four weeks .(33%)

This despite the Government stopping the yearly pensioners rise that tracts inflation .

So why have our prices gone through the roof , how are we supposed to pay when the Government have limited the pension rise .

(Although I did notice that the clothes section was pretty stable it seems as though everything is going up except night dresses ).

During times like these advantage will be taken by many, all that you can do is to shop around.

Everyone's trying to get back what they lost out on in lockdown imo

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Life is one big rollercoaster ride for you 😁

6 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Life is one big rollercoaster ride for you 😁

Hmmm... :huh:

Well it used to be, but...

... some of us can no longer afford such luxuries! :(

16 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Well it used to be, but...

... some of us can no longer afford such luxuries!

It's cheaper than you might think, Morrisons is providing it as a free service when you spend £8, apparently.

6 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Rest easy, cuttsie. Our lovely government hasn’t stopped the yearly rise that tracks inflation. It’s the rise that tracks average wage rises that’s been stopped.

Pensions: What is the triple lock and why has it been 'suspended'? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530

6 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Blame the 52%.

Brexit has caused inflation in the USA too?

And across the whole of Europe?

Wow

17 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Rest easy, cuttsie. Our lovely government hasn’t stopped the yearly rise that tracks inflation. It’s the rise that tracks average wage rises that’s been stopped.

Pensions: What is the triple lock and why has it been 'suspended'? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530

The rate of annual pay growth for total pay was 8.8% and regular pay was 7.4% in April to June 2021.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/averageweeklyearningsingreatbritain/august2021

7 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The rate of annual pay growth for total pay was 8.8% and regular pay was 7.4% in April to June 2021.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/averageweeklyearningsingreatbritain/august2021

Yes indeed. A pity that the triple lock is now only the double lock.