Are You Fed Up With Cookery Programmes ?

I can't stand em. Some of the Chefs who these programmes have elevated are really up their own arses - like Gordon Ramsay

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I can't stand em. Some of the Chefs who these programmes have elevated are really up their own arses - like Gordon Ramsay

And the house burglar Gino D’Acampo.

Edited by *Wallace*

22 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I’m surprised that they are still showing his cookery programmes. Think he’s on C4 or C5. Is he still pretending to shout at people ?

Sick to death with the egotistical presenters, especially the spectacled bald one with the bad teeth and big gob!

Edited by prince al

Philip Harben was TVs first "chef", started on BBC after the war and again from 1956 on.

No histrionics with him.

There was no ego or self satisfaction with Fanny Craddock ! She just got on with it !

15 minutes ago, pattricia said:

There was no ego or self satisfaction with Fanny Craddock ! She just got on with it !

Awww I love Fanny Craddock. I always watch her on YouTube around Christmas. 

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

Can't stand the man. 

27 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Awww I love Fanny Craddock. I always watch her on YouTube around Christmas. 

Can't stand the man. 

Can’t stand Ramsey either !

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Can’t stand Ramsey either !

I made the mistake of beginning to watch one his awful American shows,  kitchen nightmare I think. It was so cringe, obviously scripted badly I might add. The fake drama, the over acting, the stupid music and Ramsey with his massively exaggerated hand movement. 

Between you and me I think watching that started me on the road to alcoholism 😜

5 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I made the mistake of beginning to watch one his awful American shows,  kitchen nightmare I think. It was so cringe, obviously scripted badly I might add. The fake drama, the over acting, the stupid music and Ramsey with his massively exaggerated hand movement. 

I’ll drink to that!

7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I made the mistake of beginning to watch one his awful American shows,  kitchen nightmare I think. It was so cringe, obviously scripted badly I might add. The fake drama, the over acting, the stupid music and Ramsey with his massively exaggerated hand movement

When Ramsay on Telly, many people watching will also be doing a massively exaggerated hand movement as well.... ;)

Edited by Mister M

19 hours ago, pattricia said:

I am so fed up with them. They are on every type of programme from discussions, to entertainment, to cookery competitions . They always make minute meals with  ingredients in them that are not normal ingredients that you have on your pantry. The other people on the programme have to taste them, and always smile, and say “ oooh, that’s lovely !” I just wish someone would pull a face and say “ oooh, that was bloody awful !” 

They bring my blood to the boil & then they make it simmer for 20 minutes so that I end up with a haemoglobin jus