Are You Fed Up With Cookery Programmes ?

36 minutes ago, pintor said:

How about cooking on the radio, Radio Sheffield 🙄

Yes it’s a ridiculous waste of air time!

That chubby scouser taster with a beard  is apparently a sex symbol?  Geez! There is  hope for me yet!

Yes yes now totally fed up with them,especially on a Saturday.

They are on every programme even if the programme is nothing to do with cooking. The cook uses some ingredients that most people either don’t have on their pantry or have never heard of. When the dish that has been cooked is given to the other guests to taste, they always say it’s “ Delicious “ even though you can tell some don’t  like it.  I would love someone to say “ Ugh ! It’s awful !”

As for The Great British Bake Off  and all the similar programmes, the producers love it when a competitor drops a dish of food on the floor, or leaves something in the oven to burn. Instead of cutting that bit out of the programme, they play it over again, to brighten up the programme ! 

I never tire of watching Nigella. 

Or seeing the occasional clip of Keith Floyd.  Now he's a cook of his time.  I doubt he would get on tv these days, with his cavalier, non-conformist ways?

Edited by Baron99

15 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Or seeing the occasional clip of Keith Floyd.  Now he's a cook of his time.  I doubt he would get on tv these days, with his cavalier, non-conformist ways?

Nonsense -  TV producers love a good character. His programmes were shown on one of the old programmes channels (Yesterday?) not so long ago.

41 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I never tire of watching Nigella. 

Keith Floyd was my favourite cook. Loved his cavalier attitude. He loved to have a glass of alcohol at the side as he was cooking. If they showed his programmes again, I would watch them.

It is the same with quiz programmes, they are cheaper to make than something decent. BBC1 tonight has 4 quiz programmes on one after the other from 6.10 till 9.30 and two of those are more celebrity quizzes.

14 minutes ago, iansheff said:

It is the same with quiz programmes, they are cheaper to make than something decent. BBC1 tonight has 4 quiz programmes on one after the other from 6.10 till 9.30 and two of those are more celebrity quizzes.

Also talk shows aren’t as good as Parkinson and Wogans were. Every question seems to be pre- planned, as though theve discussed the whole programme beforehand.

I'm fed up of TV fullstop.

With the odd exception there's nothing but rubbish and more repeats of rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I'm fed up of TV fullstop.

With the odd exception there's nothing but rubbish and more repeats of rubbish.

I feel the same as you Anna.

Can anyone remember that mad cooking show/skit that was on late at night that was basically students making beans on toast?

I think it was on channel 4 

Had a mad bloke shouting over the top of it and crazy electric guitar music?