Are You Fed Up With Cookery Programmes ?

I am so fed up with them. They are on every type of programme from discussions, to entertainment, to cookery competitions . They always make minute meals with  ingredients in them that are not normal ingredients that you have on your pantry. The other people on the programme have to taste them, and always smile, and say “ oooh, that’s lovely !” I just wish someone would pull a face and say “ oooh, that was bloody awful !” 

I am with you on that Pattricia. What they put on the plates would not make a good sandwich.

There are too many of these programmes no wonder there are obesity issues

I don't like cookery programmes either but to be fair I've no interest in cooking. It's just something that has to be done. Also I don't like the way all these chefs have become 'celebrities'. They're just don't a job same as anyone else. Why not have celebrity postmen or celebrity shop assistants 🤣. That would make a change. 

As I’m well capable of burning a salad I don’t feel any urge to watch them.

Like Masterchef but the woman in it’s on 2 other programmes today and tomorrow,hate getting these people shoved down our throats.

They should do what Alan Partridge said youth hosteling with Chris Eubank or monkey tennis.

Pattricia, have you never thought to turn the TV off and read a book or chose one of the other 100 of channels that might be available 

Like day-time game shows, they're cheap fill-in programmes with occassional celebrity thrown in.

When I visit a friend's I have to sit through that Bake-off prog, the one which has that tall long-haired popstar. Heavens above!

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

Pattricia, have you never thought to turn the TV off and read a book or chose one of the other 100 of channels that might be available 

Thats what I do, but some of the cookery parts are introduced in the middle of other programmes that are nothing to do with cooking.

44 minutes ago, MICK BADGER said:

I love watching Nigella Lawson

Now she was classy, and her programmes enjoyable and interesting.

3 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Like Masterchef but the woman in it’s on 2 other programmes today and tomorrow,hate getting these people shoved down our throats.

Make that 3,on one show.