Sign in to follow this  

Selling My Gaming Pc, What Is It Worth?

I never use my PC so might as well flog it. It's hardly been used. Not really up-to-date with pc stuff these days so thought I would ask on here what people think it's worth! Thanks :)

Decent case and power supply

Intel I5 4690 3.5ghz processor

8gb ddr3 ram

250gb Samsung pro SSD boot drive

1tb hd for storage

Radeon R9 200 graphics card

Gigabyte motherboard

Activated win10 install

Can include mouse and keyboard

Seeing as the cpu is worth about £40. I reckon the lot might be worth £100-£120.

It’s like selling a car never worth what you think it is.

Is it a i5 4690k? i.e. is it overclockable? Is the motherboard able to overclock it?

5 hours ago, Palomar said:

Seeing as the cpu is worth about £40. I reckon the lot might be worth £100-£120.

The graphics card sells for between 60 & 90 on eBay so hopefully it's worth more than that. 

5 hours ago, Norbert said:

Is it a i5 4690k? i.e. is it overclockable? Is the motherboard able to overclock it?

It is, I've just checked. Not looked at the BIOS to see if it will overclock but it's a decent gigabyte board so hopefully. 

11 hours ago, neeeeeeeeeek said:

The graphics card sells for between 60 & 90 on eBay so hopefully it's worth more than that. 

It is, I've just checked. Not looked at the BIOS to see if it will overclock but it's a decent gigabyte board so hopefully. 

If you've looked up the used price of the used GPU, chances are you have a good idea. If you can get £90 for the GPU...sell it! Then sell the rest as onboard GPU at a lower price.

I think you'll get around the £200 mark, plus or minus £50 depending on the quality of the other parts.

Gigabyte make a lot of motherboards, some cheap, some are very expensive. (This was the point of the 'qualitly' remark) Giving the part numbers can help increase the price, if they are better quality

I have a few that I'll be selling. Trying to figure out a price can be tricky. Buyers seem to think they are going to get a 10th gen i7 with all the whisles and bells for £200!! 

Stick the lot up for £150 and see if you get a bite?

Could get more taking bits out and selling separately, but do you want the hassle for a potential few quid?

Run the risk of having stuff left over sat around and not really making that much more.