Is The Human Race Doomed?

Crikey.... and they call me pessimistic.  We could be hit by a meteorite at any minute etc, nothing is forever, but the world evolves and changes all the time, and it will continue to do so with us or without us.

That's not to say we shouldn't care for and protect it and do what we can to mitigate our negative effect on things, but we're now more aware. We're learning and we're trying.

Let's appreciate what we have, and love it.  And that includes each other.  

Edited by Anna B

30 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

We are being invaded by people in dinghy’s no Clovid passport or lateral test for them.

It is not the poor people in rubber  boats we should be worried about .

The tax dodgers in Monto Carlo and the British Virgin isles  are robbing our Country of millions .

Edited by cuttsie

The unsayable needs saying and promoting by the leaders:

Reduce breeding

Reduce consuming

Put responsible citizenship with respect and self respect at the heart of everything.

I have the resources to drive, have children, eat an animal based diet, buy loads of tat, but I choose not to. I wish everyone would seriously think about what they're doing with their lives and our future.

19 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

It is not the poor people in rubber  boats we should be worried about .

The tax dodgers in Monto Carlo and the British Virgin isles  are robbing our Country of millions .

The poor people who wash up after paying a smuggler up to €5,000 ?

Edited by *Wallace*

28 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Reduce breeding

Reduce consuming

Put responsible citizenship with respect and self respect at the heart of everything.

I have the resources to drive, have children, eat an animal based diet, buy loads of tat, but I choose not to. I wish everyone would seriously think about what they're doing with their lives and our future.

So have me and HTSBO and have enjoyed every second:heyhey:.

5 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

So have me and HTSBO and have enjoyed every second:heyhey:.

Yup we're doomed, even people with a stake in the future by having children are proud to destroy it for them 🙄

3 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

I think this planet could do with thinning out a bit.

You could always go to Switzerland.

3 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

You could always go to Switzerland.

I can’t paddle that far.

4 hours ago, Norbert said:

Yup we're doomed, even people with a stake in the future by having children are proud to destroy it for them 🙄

& we shan't mention those who can't provide for the children they continue to have when they come,

but are more than content to accept your £2 per month and plaster Televisions worldwide with the images of their emaciated children.  

Edited by Rockers rule
Spelling Ooop's

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Its a well known fact, you have to be at a speed of 60mph to splatter bugs.

As most motorway have large stretches restricted to 50mph that explains that one,

I cannot argue with well known facts!

I often drive on the motorway, still no squash bugs.

Are there any older drivers that can state about quashed bugs then and now?

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

Reduce breeding

Reduce consuming

Reduce breeding: Our population is falling . I believe it's about 1.7 Neverltheless the west has the biggest carbon footprint, up to 40x bigger than a person in the third world. Education (particularly of women) and equality helps the population fall naturally. Large families are the only security some poor third world people have. Change that, and you lower the population. China did it by legislating couples to have only 1 child, but it's caused all sorts of other problems. 

Reduce consuming: I totally agree. But we live in a hyper Capitalist society where over consumption is vigourously promoted. Our 'growth' figures depend on it, it's how we measure success. It needs to change.

Responsible citizzenship: Can't argue with that, but what is it? Who defines right and wrong these days?  -our politicians? They're amongst the worst offenders, they can't open their mouths without lying through their teeth.  The Elite flying around in their private jets? Pontificating to all and sundry that we should do as they say not as they do? The   Establishment? Likewise, out of touch and remote. Big business? Encouraging rampant consumerism? The Media who have an agenda all of their own? See what I mean. Responsible citizenry should include those at the top. They should be setting a good example.

Too many people who try to do the right thing are seen as 'losers.' That has to change. I'm not arguing with you, you are right. I'm just pointing out that it's not that simple. You're last sentence is the quintesential truth.

Edited by Anna B

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

I cannot argue with well known facts!

I often drive on the motorway, still no squash bugs.

Are there any older drivers that can state about quashed bugs then and now?

You must be one of the lucky ones who can afford the petrol to get up to 70mph for any length of time :bigsmile:🙃:bigsmile:.

If you'd like to fill my tank I'd gladly join in your survey though :thumbsup:

Joking apart you may well be right, or are we just not using our vehicles as much due to covid restrictions to notice?

As for all those bugs that got me while wearing open face helmets - I hated every one of you :mad:.

Keep safe out there 8) .