Comfortable Masks-Where Can I Get Them?

On the tram today there were only two young women were not wearing masks in the area I was in. Both were challenged by the female conductor, first time I’ve seen this, one fished about in bag and pockets before donning a disheveled mask whilst the other refused to wear a mask as it ‘would ruin my makeup’. My other observation is that whilst most patrons of the Moor market were masked the majority of stall holders weren’t. Is the market classed as a shop or not?

It's a joke.  I obviously accept that  some people are genuinely medically exempt (I am myself having been diagnosed as having COPD on top of mild asthma BUT I still wear a mask on buses/trains/trams/ in shops) because it's really not so very difficult to so so for 10-20 minutes.

But all the irresponsible braindead will continue to spin the "causes anxiety"/'"I'm exempt " 🤣 bowlocks. FU.

Bumped into an old mate who is so fed up of ill fitting masks that he’s reverted to covering his lower face with a scarf.

18 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Bumped into an old mate who is so fed up of ill fitting masks that he’s reverted to covering his lower face with a scarf.

Which is perfectly fine as it is a "face covering".

7 hours ago, Martin C said:

It's a joke.  I obviously accept that  some people are genuinely medically exempt (I am myself having been diagnosed as having COPD on top of mild asthma BUT I still wear a mask on buses/trains/trams/ in shops) because it's really not so very difficult to so so for 10-20 minutes.

But all the irresponsible braindead will continue to spin the "causes anxiety"/'"I'm exempt " 🤣 bowlocks. FU.

It’s not difficult but it’s a waste of time.

7 hours ago, Martin C said:

Do you think all medically exempt people should wear a mask on transport and in shops?

Scotland and Wales never dropped mask mandates England did, both those countries had higher cases than England in the time period England didn’t use them, that’s all the proof you need. The people in power know they’re useless that’s why we have the charade of them removing them as soon as they think they’re out of sight, it’s all theatre. We currently have a totally harmless variant doing the rounds that bizarrely the Government/MSM seem to want to appear to be much worse than it is, reintroducing the useless masks is to give you a visual daily reminder and scaremonger to boost the low uptake of the latest vaccine.

There you have it. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Here they all come, jumping in with both feet lol

A bit of good groundbait is all it takes to get em feeding 😀

Quote Janus:

Up until recently I did not think we would need to get any more masks. I`ve had two packets of those cheap ones  in total. Blue on one side and white on the other side.  I did not get chance to use all of them becasue the securing elastic simply snapped off of them .
I`m looking for something that is quite comfortable to wear, and I would rather pay  that bit more. I don`t want something that makes me feel short of breath like the ones described above.
Does anyone know where I can buy some reasonably comfortable ones?

Janus - we bought some of  these masks in a local garden centre and have found them comfortable. They are washable with an anti-microbial finish and have more than one layer. The layers are dense.  The elastics have a small slider on them which allow the user to get a good fit. 

During the first lockdown we bought some dense cotton, pleated masks. They were double thickness and contained a pocket into which was placed  pieces of kitchen roll/tissues. It was a bit of a faff but they were most effective. Unfortunately the company seems to have stopped making them. 

You need dense cotton material, double thickness. Importantly they need to be washed regularly in hot water, ideally after every use.  Masks get damp over a short period of time so changing them for a clean one is a good idea. They should be handled by the loops and not soiled by taking them on and off. Store in a clean bag. 

I hope that you find some masks that are to your liking.

Edited by Jomie

5 hours ago, top4718 said:

Scotland and Wales never dropped mask mandates England did, both those countries had higher cases than England in the time period England didn’t use them, that’s all the proof you need. The people in power know they’re useless that’s why we have the charade of them removing them as soon as they think they’re out of sight, it’s all theatre. We currently have a totally harmless variant doing the rounds that bizarrely the Government/MSM seem to want to appear to be much worse than it is, reintroducing the useless masks is to give you a visual daily reminder and scaremonger to boost the low uptake of the latest vaccine.

There you have it. 👍🏻

Do come back to us if/when you contract it

Guest makapaka
7 minutes ago, Jomie said:

We bought some of  these masks in a local garden centre and have found them comfortable. They are washable with an anti-microbial finish and have more than one layer. The layers are dense.  The elastics have a small slider on them which allow the user to get a good fit. 

During the first lockdown we bought some dense cotton, pleated masks. They were double thickness and contained a pocket into which was placed  pieces of kitchen roll/tissues. It was a bit of a faff but they were most effective. Unfortunately the company seems to have stopped making them. 

You need dense cotton material, double thickness. Importantly they need to be washed regularly in hot water, ideally after every use. They get damp over a short period of time so changing them is a good idea. They should be handled by the loops and not soiled by taking them on and off. Store in a clean bag. 

The absolute state of the masks on that website -

£4.99 for a “born to booze” face mask vital to protect your health and stocked in your local garden centre ….ha ha

Edited by makapaka