I have flitted at least a dozen times , from Gleadless to Walkley (two flits ) then Woodseats (Athol Road , (two flits) then two  boats , then to different Towns inc Nottingham , Thorne , Wakefield  and Leeds . Then  on to Creswell and Hodthorpe (three flits ) so I consider my self an expert on the flits .

Now  that we are  back in Sheffield where I started out  I realise that the excitement of the move never leaves you ,  The new neighbours, the new district to explore , pubs , shops , parks and woods .

Most flits I have done my self by hired van , car trailer or wheel barrow but some have involved the man with a van flitter , These can be found in the adds section of any local news paper and some of em have no idea how to go about flitting , 

The last one we had put the fridge in the bed room , the beds in the living room and left the three piece suite on the back yard saying he and is mate had no idea how to get it in to the house.

I told him that the window needed removing , he said he was not insured for that and scarpered , (my misses had already paid him ) .

So ended up doing it mi sen .

All the utensils , bedding , clothes and fancy goods got chucked through the front door blocking the hall way , and my painting of a treasured boat went missing .

So at the end of the day we just ended up in the tap room of the Wharncliffe pub and got pithed .

We Then crashed out on top of the pile of  rubble that was once all in a organised manner til waking up next morning and sorting it all out .

Will we flit again , never say  never , Life is just a move away .

I think the word 'flit' is very misleading. It brings to mind butterflies or birds flitting from flower to flower in a relaxed and carefree manner. The reality of moving house couldn't be further removed from this. In my experience it's stressful and hard work. I'm staying put now. 

Very humorous little piece Cuttsie, Thanks for cheering us up a bit.

I agree with RollyPolly though and find that it takes months before everything is finally sorted in a proper manner.

I recall saying "Never again" or stronger words to that effect.

There was also the saying "they've done a moonlight flit".

Lottery's on - moonlight flits on the cards :thumbsup: 

Edited by Rockers rule
-

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Lottery's on - moonlight flits on the cards :thumbsup: 

not so fast rocker - I hold the winning ticket - I'm sure of it!  Dream on!

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

unless its the cystitis again, I've a definite feeling somethings coming my way :blush:. 

12 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Told yer, nice surprise on checking  -  £2.90p.

Could have done with a few more 0000000000's.

postponing flit till tonight's lottery's been drawn 🙃.

Keep safe and bet responsibly 8).