Surgeons : At The Edge Of Life

Magnificent programme ! BBC2.

Colorectal consultant Nicola Fearnhead and consultant urologist Alex perform a pelvic operation. How I admire these surgeons. As they said at the end of the programme : “ The buck stays with me “ !

21 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Magnificent programme ! BBC2.

Colorectal consultant Nicola Fearnhead and consultant urologist Alex perform a pelvic operation. How I admire these surgeons. As they said at the end of the programme : “ The buck stays with me “ !

Got to be one of the best programme's on Tele, if not the best.

Trouble is it gives me the creeps and makes me wince.

Watched the episode last night and the ones in previous weeks the guys and girls carrying out the ops really are the tops these are the people we should see down the palace picking the awards up.

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

Got to be one of the best programme's on Tele, if not the best.

Trouble is it gives me the creeps and makes me wince.

I can understand that. If a nurse felt sick  while attending an operation we were told to faint backwards. This never happened to me, and I was glad, as sometimes the surgeon was my brother in law. The worst things I ever attended were abortions.

3 minutes ago, MyFriendStan said:

Watched the episode last night and the ones in previous weeks the guys and girls carrying out the ops really are the tops these are the people we should see down the palace picking the awards up.

Yes, I agree with you.

The trouble is they put all the good programmes on at 9pm.! So Surgeons : At The Edge Of Life “ was on at the same time as “ 24 hours in A& E . 

37 minutes ago, pattricia said:

The trouble is they put all the good programmes on at 9pm.! So Surgeons : At The Edge Of Life “ was on at the same time as “ 24 hours in A& E . 

Yes, I found that very irritating, 

Managed to watch Pearl Harbour at 10pm instead of 9pm buy using channel 45... 5+1.

41 minutes ago, Padders said:

Yes, I found that very irritating, 

Managed to watch Pearl Harbour at 10pm instead of 9pm buy using channel 45... 5+1.

Damn didn’t know about that channel !

Last nights episode of  Surgeons : At The Edge of Life was exceptional, the best one yet.   The surgeons gave that terminally ill man his whole life back.  I really felt for the younger man who had the agressive brain tumour,  although they managed to extend his life he was still terminal  .......  so sad.

I totally agree with  'Stan '   these brilliant people are the ones who should be rewarded not your so called  celebrities and overpaid footballers etc.

It's very annoying when several programmes are on at the same time  ( usually 9pm ) but I have a Digi Box and I record all the programmes I want to watch.  Also means that I can fast forward through the adverts which nowadays seem to be on for ages and are also so annoying !!

......  there I feel a lot better now !!       🤬  🤣

8 hours ago, francypants said:

Last nights episode of  Surgeons : At The Edge of Life was exceptional, the best one yet.   The surgeons gave that terminally ill man his whole life back.  I really felt for the younger man who had the agressive brain tumour,  although they managed to extend his life he was still terminal  .......  so sad.

I totally agree with  'Stan '   these brilliant people are the ones who should be rewarded not your so called  celebrities and overpaid footballers etc.

It's very annoying when several programmes are on at the same time  ( usually 9pm ) but I have a Digi Box and I record all the programmes I want to watch.  Also means that I can fast forward through the adverts which nowadays seem to be on for ages and are also so annoying !!

......  there I feel a lot better now !!       🤬  🤣

I agree with you Francy.