Cruelty To Children

41 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Beggars belief how social services were not already involved.

Hughes gets sole custody in 2019 after the boy's real mother Olivia Labinjo-Halcrow, an alcoholic is jailed manslaughter after stabbing her partner to death in an alcohol induced rage, so would have been known to social services.

This was after the boy had been identified by the school and the doctor as having massive anxiety and needed help, including the boy telling the school's SEN co-ordinator his Dad was going to kill him, so should have been raised with social services.

March 2020 father, Thomas Hughes, moves in with Emma Tustin, mother of four.

Tustin already had children removed from her care so would have been known to social services.

May 2020 and the school offers to have the boy even though the school is closed to most children due to lockdown as the school spotted problems. Again, this information seems to have not been passed on to social services.

June 2020, Tustin is pregnant, and if she told the doctor you would have thought this should have been raised with social services based on prior history.

June 2020 the little boy is dead.

Apparently the grandmother raised concerns with social services. The uncle tried to visit numerous times and was then threatened by the Police that he was breaking lockdown rules, but hhis reasons for trying to visit were ignored. Tustin's stepfather also made an anonymous call to social services to try and get something done.

Catalogue of missed opportunities.

'We shall change our processes to make sure this doesn't happen again, we are sorry' - platitudes we've heard all before.

This is such a disgraceful situation that I don't even know what to say as I register my sorrow, hurt and disgust.

What is even worse is that everybody knows that it will all happen again to some other poor little kid.

When will someone at the top take some real action and truly make a difference.

At the same time, lawmakers should be reviewing what legal steps we can take to make sure these disgusting nobodies (I refuse to call them animals) suffer until their dying days.

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

This is such a disgraceful situation that I don't even know what to say as I register my sorrow, hurt and disgust.

What is even worse is that everybody knows that it will all happen again to some other poor little kid.

When will someone at the top take some real action and truly make a difference.

At the same time, lawmakers should be reviewing what legal steps we can take to make sure these disgusting nobodies (I refuse to call them animals) suffer until their dying days.

Wonder how many will lose their jobs?

3 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

29 years minimum for the girlfriend

10.5 years for the father

Not enough 

Seeing and hearing this poor little boy on the news was terrible. A minimum 29 years and 21 doesn’t sound enough I actually thought she would have to serve 40.

Her past history speaks for itself,social services are stretched,no excuse we all have too much to do but this story hits you in the face,heads should roll but they won’t,when labours in charge it will happen again.

Guest sibon
3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Wonder how many will lose their jobs?

Not enough 

How will that help?

We're too busy looking after the hundreds of thousands of men who arrive in the UK illegally every year to worry about British children

Edited by Jack Grey

21 minutes ago, sibon said:

How will that help?

So they can’t make the same mistake.

6 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Not so long ago we  reported our concern about a family who's kids looked underfed and roamed the streets in scruffy clothes until late at night .

Someone that looked 'underfed' could be healthy than many obese children.

30 minutes ago, sibon said:

How will that help?

Sorry , everything is ok ,carry on 

Guest sibon
15 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

So they can’t make the same mistake.

One of the problems is that recruitment is very difficult. 

Maybe retraining and improved supervision would be a better way forward. 

@hackey lad  , applies to your reply too.

30 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

We're too busy looking after the hundreds of thousands of men who arrive in the UK illegally every year to worry about British children

Wrong thread mate. The hatred of poor black people thread is over there -->

This one is about  dreadful crime and poor performance by social care

Edited by sibon