Cruelty To Children

When are the people responsible for the cruelty to kids going to be brought to task?and I don’t mean only the parents though they should be put down.

yet again another poor kid has been murdered after numerous warnings to social services and police.

8 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

When are the people responsible for the cruelty to kids going to be brought to task?and I don’t mean only the parents though they should be put down.

yet again another poor kid has been murdered after numerous warnings to social services and police.

Heartbreaking. These “people “ are not wired up properly, they seem to think they can get away with it.  Get ready for the  , lessons have been learned and we have changed our methods of working from Social Services. God bless this little lad and all the other children 

3 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Services stretched to breaking point, budgets slashed to the bone... it's inevitable.

Just waiting for "Lessons must be learned" to complete the picture. :(

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Services stretched to breaking point, budgets slashed to the bone... it's inevitable.

That’s the way to go , politicise the problem. Lost for words 

I had to switch over when the details came on about the little boy cruelly killed by his parents. I noticed that the mother was his step mother, so I think this would have something to do with it. 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That’s the way to go , politicise the problem.

In what way is it politicized?

Incidents like this have happened on the watch of successive governments of both major parties!

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Lost for words 

Lost for brains more like! :loopy:

“Services stretched to breaking point, budgets slashed to the bone “ . Not political ok . Not interested in your petty stuff , I’m more concerned about the poor kids. Bye 

46 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

I assume this is why you posted?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/stepmother-dad-convicted-unfathomable-killing-22348337

The child had a bruise and the socail worker accepted the parents explanation. Would a normal person see a child with a bruise and think that it was the slippery slope to murder. Of course not, most people are good people.

These things are very complex and have always happened. If the grandparents were shocked, then it would have been very difficult to foresee.

28 minutes ago, Magilla said:

As a father of a couple of kids, this story makes me feel absolutely sick.

The parents should get a whole life tariff and never make it out of prison.

I also agree that services are stretched...my partner rushed from home visit to home visit when she worked for adult social care for a short while...

...but the point is that social workers did visit the poor kid and messed up...as did the police.

The parents simply pulled the wool over their eyes.

I don't understand why social workers do not err on the side of caution and take the kid away for a couple of nights so they can talk to the child away from the parents and in the presence of medical professionals and get a true picture.

Some may say social workers shouldn't be judgemental...but I say they absolutely should.

They should never trust the word of any parent where there is suspected abuse.

Even if it destroys the relationship with the clients.

The kid should always be their main concern...to hell with the parents.

There are too many social workers who tiptoe around these kinds of parents. It needs more mature social workers with life experience who know when they are being fed bull**** by these scumbags...backed up by watertight legal protection for acting strongly out of concern for the child.

5 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I assume this is why you posted?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/stepmother-dad-convicted-unfathomable-killing-22348337

The child had a bruise and the socail worker accepted the parents explanation. Would a normal person see a child with a bruise and think that it was the slippery slope to murder. Of course not, most people are good people.

These things are very complex and have always happened. If the grandparents were shocked, then it would have been very difficult to foresee.

Not so long ago we  reported our concern about a family who's kids looked underfed and roamed the streets in scruffy clothes until late at night .

The response from the social workers , "Well they do have problems you know "

Saw the BBC news earlier this morning.  Nothing to do with politics, slashing services etc, simply down to people from various agencies not doing their jobs & keeping an eye on the situation. 

There was some high ranking police officer from the local force on camera apologising.  The child's grandmother reported the condition of the little boy several times.  He & his guardians were seen by social services & the local hospital. 

Beggars belief how social services were not already involved.

Hughes gets sole custody in 2019 after the boy's real mother Olivia Labinjo-Halcrow, an alcoholic is jailed manslaughter after stabbing her partner to death in an alcohol induced rage, so would have been known to social services.

This was after the boy had been identified by the school and the doctor as having massive anxiety and needed help, including the boy telling the school's SEN co-ordinator his Dad was going to kill him, so should have been raised with social services.

March 2020 father, Thomas Hughes, moves in with Emma Tustin, mother of four.

Tustin already had children removed from her care so would have been known to social services.

May 2020 and the school offers to have the boy even though the school is closed to most children due to lockdown as the school spotted problems. Again, this information seems to have not been passed on to social services.

June 2020, Tustin is pregnant, and if she told the doctor you would have thought this should have been raised with social services based on prior history.

June 2020 the little boy is dead.

Apparently the grandmother raised concerns with social services. The uncle tried to visit numerous times and was then threatened by the Police that he was breaking lockdown rules, but hhis reasons for trying to visit were ignored. Tustin's stepfather also made an anonymous call to social services to try and get something done.

Catalogue of missed opportunities.

'We shall change our processes to make sure this doesn't happen again, we are sorry' - platitudes we've heard all before.