Sign in to follow this  

'Tenant Support Services'

I live in a well maintained council bungalow. During the pandemic, and as someone identified as extremely clinically vulnerable, I’ve had several phone calls from SCC housing representatives checking on my wellbeing. Today I had a call from ‘tenant support services’ who seemed to focus on the state of repair of my property and seemed intent on finding fault and a little irritated when I had no complaints. My suspicions were aroused when she seized on the information I provided re waiting for an aids and adaptation assessment and, when I refused her offer of intervention, said she I could wait another 6 months. She then asked for contact details of family who live in social housing and, when I refused, asked me to provide them with her phone number. This was unlike any other call I’ve had and has left me wondering if this is a private company seeking to profit from disrepair etc claims. 

Best advice - ring the council today and ask them if it was them. I assume you have a contact number?