Cardiff V Dem Blades.

11 hours ago, top4718 said:

I knew you'd be an advocate of discrimination, appalling comment.

Explain the difference between sitting next to an unvaccinated person who's just recovered from Covid and a vaccinated one?.

I hope the place is practically empty, see how far the "responsible" manage with the fans cash.

How is it discrimination? I don't really get this at all. 

You have to right to make an informed choice about the vaccination, that is entirely upto you. Your body, your choice on management, prevention and treatment. You have sound capacity and nobody can for the decision on you.....It seems you opt again vaccination and that is your choice.

However football clubs have rights and responsibilities also.

The covid vaccination has been statistically proven to reduce likelihood of transmission....and in those contracting the virus, it is proven to aid the bodies immune response in fighting the virus, thus reducing chances of long term effects and / or mortality.

In football stadia, you have no choice as to who sits besides / around you. Why should we pay money to sit besides an unvaccinated individual, who is now scientifically and statistically proven to pose an increased health risk to us?...

We have rights as well. We have the right to expect football clubs to do everything within their power to protect us and prevent potential harm.

You have complete human rights towards what you do with your own body, I respect that. However things such as football and entertainment events, are a PRIVILEGE, not in any way, shape or form a basic right in life. Those that own the football club and stadia are the ones who hold the right to refuse entry, they are the ones with rights and responsibilities towards anyone entering their premise.

As for the football. Its going to be an interesting game isn't it? Cardiff have a bit of fight about them at the minute under Morison and they have pulled off some decent scalps of late, after a terrible start to the season.

I expect us to play on the front foot again and overwhelm them on their own patch. They won't be a walk over, but we should hopefully have too much for them.

A bogey team for United.... but one we should overcome today. (Away win).

Well, how we come of the pitch with 'nil'is beyond me. We've had a handful of clear cut chances and a combination of not so clinical finishing, along with dogged defending a decent goalkeeping has somehow denied us. 

Billy had the best chances... he had a free header 6 yards out, completely unchallenged and he headed it straight at the keeper. His reaction was that he thought himself to be offside, but come on Bill...play to the whistle. Second one of mention, Billy goes through one on one...granted the keeper comes out and makes himself big and get his angles right, but Billy would usually tuck them away for fun. 

Likewise McGoldrick went through one on one and fluffed his lines.... Hourihane, Bogle and MGW all also had clear cut chances.

Cardiff has a 10 minute spell in the half where they looked very decent and they scored during it. The defending should have been better maybe, but it was a cheeky flick through and a composed control and finish. It came in a spell where Cardiff could have had another, so they were more than value for the goal.

Towards half time .....We've upped the momentum again and we are creating chances, we just need to come out in the same mindset second half and put one away.

Much better attacking football.

Blades are slicing through the Cardiff defence

Came out well second half, with more of than attacking mind and momentum of the first. 

Once more, a fantastic through ball puts sharp through and he is clipped by the  Cardiff lad. He's the last man, whether he got ball who knows, but he definitely had a bit of Sharp and to me it looks a foul. To be honest, any challenge from behind like that is risky and you have to get it right or you walk.

From then we build momentum and we play some good, precise, attacking football. We have put the ball around fantastically well and we have created ample chances..... Could have perhaps should have been more than three. On clear cut chances alone we could have doubled that.

Sharp, MGW and Didsy have all been a handful, with Gibbs-White again putting in a MOTM performance. 

Cardiff have lots of fight and lots of spirit and with this they pulled one back. They will win more than they lose with spirited performances like that, so a in all its a fantastic 3 points.

A huge mentality switch for the Blades though. They are very positive minded, they seem to only have one aim and that is three points. The lads seem to be enjoying it again, are working well for eachother and bouncing off one and other.

Like I said, give it a month and you will see statistically how much better we are than under Slav. Hecky's already achieved something that Slav didn't during his managerial spell...... 2 consecutive wins.

Next up QPR and another fantastic opportunity to pick up three points. A Monday night game at home.....so far, so good! 3 wins, massively reduced gap to the play-offs and the ball very much back in our court! 

Edited by cmonkes

Who thinks players don't get managers sacked .

Coming home with Dem 3 points, Followed the rules of the country we were in with no problems.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Who thinks players don't get managers sacked .

3 player interviews and 3 very similar stories....

Hecky wants us to play higher up the pitch and with way more intensity. It's evident and obvious to see.... less going backward, more numbers going forwards = instant results.

Players getting managers sacked....or a manager getting himself sacked?

Great thay you know we have played today and know the result though hey....😂😂

Edited by cmonkes

18 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

3 player interviews and 3 very similar stories....

Hecky wants us to play higher up the pitch and with way more intensity. It's evident and obvious to see.... less going backward, more numbers going forwards = instant results.

Players getting managers sacked....or a manager getting himself sacked?

Great thay you know we have played today and know the result though hey....😂😂

Yes I watched Buxton and United as the Owls not played today ,  pity about the sending off at Cardiff although United should have been well ahead . Buxton out classed by league opposition although the TV coverage was brilliant , rain lashed camera lenses , pundits frozen stiff and a pitch made out of recycled plastic .

Hecky is a good choice he knows the local scene and local players , He is not a manager who needs millions to build a team as all the big time managers do inc the one you just sacked.

Wasn’t aware of the debate about match attendance. I went to the match, showed my NHS pass at Security , no problem, I sort of got the impression, however, that I could have shown the  guy anything and he’d have let me pass. I’m a little bit fatalistic having had both vaccinations and the booster so consider I’m doing my bit. I’m quite happy to follow guidance /regulations and wear a mask when required and to respect fellow citizens. That said I had no problem celebrating with fellow Blades after goals, ie. limbs everywhere plus embracing fellow fans in the usual way.

Match was good , plenty of goals, a bit frustrated that Billy Blade misses such good opportunities. It felt a bit like the Bristol match in as much as we were the only team in it, I think the sending off only served to give them an excuse because they were being run ragged anyway. 

Hourihane, who I can’t take to, had a decent game. The rest did the job professionally. If Wes is not careful he could be on his way to being a cult hero at the Lane.

Cardiff Bay area is beautiful. Huge police and Stewarding presence. Didn’t see any bother all weekend

Edited by Ridgewalk