Is Icloud Photos Known For Crashing?

I am using this via my Windows7  laptop to upload photos (no corrupt files etc), after recently deleted a few unwanted albums.

My connection is good and I have very rarely had iCloud Photos crash (Drive doesn't at all?), but it is now shutting off every few photos?

I've tried logging out of my Apple ID and back in, as well as restarting the lap?

Is iCloud Drive nearly full? If so, maybe that’s why it is crashing. When you delete something it remains on the server but I don’t know for how long. 

As the previous poster outlines, iCloud for Windows is a very useful piece of software. In W10 it can be found in the Store but as you use W7 you will have to download it from the web.  It puts a folder with the photos icon on the computer. All your photos are in there and can be copied and pasted onto the hard drive, allowing you to save/back them up and delete the originals to free up space. 

As an alternative CopyTrans easily transfers photos from iPhone to W10 but requires physical connection via USB. 

Edited by Jomie

How do you post photo's on Face book from your I cloud collection .