Who Can Use Old Spectacles?

Do you know of any Sheffield opticians who will accept old spectacles for dispatch to, and  re-use in, third world countries?

The eye clinic run by Mr Edwards at the Hallamshire hospital (where they do laser treatment etc) used to encourage people to leave their glasses behind for just that purpose. But that was a few years ago, I don't know if they still do it. It might be worth giving them a ring.

pensioner groups often want them ,for anyone forgetting there glasses for say bingo

11 minutes ago, bassett one said:

pensioner groups often want them ,for anyone forgetting there glasses for say bingo

Hmmm... :huh:

How does that work then? :confused:

I suppose every bingo hall must have a store of old specs so that forgetful oaps can have a good old rummage through them before it's time for eyes down? :suspect:

I rang our local optician to see if they could take some of my old specks but they told me due to Covid no one is collecting them.

16 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Specsavers do this 

I took some in to Specsavers at crystal peaks earlier this year and they said they've stopped taking them now because of covid. It's a shame as they were all good condition reading glasses. I threw them away but afterwards wondered whether I should have put them in the charity bag.

Think I am right in saying, when you can donate, they only take single vision glasses?  So no bio/vari vocals.

....or even vari FOCAL!!