Adele

I can’t quite make my mind up about this singer. She’s got a good voice, but once you’ve heard one song, they all sound the same after that. A kind of wailing sound if I’m honest. 

18 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I can’t quite make my mind up about this singer. She’s got a good voice, but once you’ve heard one song, they all sound the same after that. A kind of wailing sound if I’m honest. 

Agreed. I think she's someone that many an XFactor contestant can look to for inspiration on how to murder a song.

I'm not at all keen on the type of music she sings, I just find it boring and maudlin.

Plus the fact the way the press go on about her, you'd think she invented music.

Edited by Mister M

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Agreed. I think she's someone that many an XFactor contestant can look to for inspiration on how to murder a song.

I'm not at all keen on the type of music she sings, I just find it boring and maudlin.

Plus the fact the way the press go on about her, you'd think she invented music.

Im glad someone else feels the same. When I think of Ella Fitzgerald,that’s real singing !

28 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I agree although I can see why a lot of people do like her. It's just not my kind of music.  Also I don't really like her as a person since I saw her on TV at Glastonbury and she was swearing non stop. She must think it makes her look better but to me it's just unnecessary.

41 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Never been an Adel fan.

Yes its not my favourite area of Leeds either.

My first impression was that she looked like a model but had an abrasive voice,  but then I didn't like Rihanna's voice when I first heard it,  I go for the song rather than the singer,  if she's another potty mouth I expect a better vocabulary -  I was wating for her to sing Skyfall,  and she only seems to  sing heart-wrenching songs.

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

Yes, I think my thoughts too, I don't usually like this type of voice. 

I liked Amy Winehouse's voice though, and I remember finding this film from a recommendation off of youtube recently... and is probably only person I heard with a better voice of this style. 

Worth listening on headphones with volume and listen to the echo around the town centre (imagine you're on Fargate! haha). Like Amy (even drunk) every single note is perfect, the vibrato perfect etc. And she does it completely effortlessly. 

Not sure if she is famous or a street singer, but I thought worth sharing. I'd rather listen to this for an hour. 

Edited by *_ash_*
typos

Thank God.  After the millions that's bought her records & the millions she's made from selling them, I thought it was just me who found her dreary & whiney?  

If you want to listen to a woman singing about a break up & having a break down then Alanis Morrisette did it a lot better about 30 years ago with 'You aughta' know'. 

She's a one trick pony.

Saw Weller at Octogan last night,now that's entertainment.

I thought she had an OK voice but didn't know what all the fuss was about.

However I watched the documentary about her and understand it's because she's a working class lass with a big personality, who writes her own songs about her own experiences but that people can identify with. Then she sings them right from the heart, full of emotion and pathos with a remarkable voice. 

So I watched the 'Audience with Adele' and did enjoy it, but I did think she's in danger of slipping into pub singer mode (Vic Reeves?) occasionally, and needs to stop it. The songs do grow on you though the more you hear them.

She's also undergone an amazing physical transformation which peaks people's interest.

And of course she's made it big in America too which not all British artists do, and they're quick to bestow iconic status on people they like. 

Edited by Anna B

I’ve heard a lot worse and I’ve heard a lot  better singers than Adele.  I agree with Rollypolly when she was at Glastonbury the swearing was unnecessary.