Madness Access To St James Retail Park

but the things that are for it,bring back the oldest club to sheffield,rid the site of the awfull club,thats a eye sore,plus a museum and a event centre for 5,000 people,but its got to be designed exactly,if they can rid that awfull entrance they have,that could make that junction better as well,its badly needed as a upgrade to the space.also it must work with the traffic island and the traffic flow to st james retail park as well,they are running free day trios for oaps with free food ect from there already to sheffield fc games.is that a sweetner?

Edited by bassett one

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

The planning permission is the thing which would stop it, and can be refused on traffic concerns I believe.

Yes, that is the case. The developer would have to do a traffic impact assessment and model the impacts of traffic flows generated by their development on the local road network.

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

So, if nothing can be done to improve the already congested road network, then presumably the council planners will not be allowing this new development to happen? 

The council could reject it on traffic impact  grounds if the traffic impact assessment shows it will have a significant detrimental impact on the local road network. However they could accept it even if it is somewhat detrimental, if the benefits of the development are thought to outweigh any negative impacts.

just read on together lowedges ,that a man from greenhill claims its a done deal re-the football museum/event venue ,and that there wont even be a public meeting,so its final,but i find that hard to believe,or can they refuse a public meeting and just bull doze it through,without a say on the traffic ect,i know they are doing free food ect and free tickets for oaps inc coach from and back from there.

14 hours ago, bassett one said:

just read on together lowedges ,that a man from greenhill claims its a done deal re-the football museum/event venue ,and that there wont even be a public meeting,so its final,but i find that hard to believe,or can they refuse a public meeting and just bull doze it through,without a say on the traffic ect,i know they are doing free food ect and free tickets for oaps inc coach from and back from there.

There is no planning application yet submitted, according to the planning website, so I would assume it's a long way from a done deal, or bulldozed through, or indeed any deal at all or even likely to be built next year.

Don't put your faith in any men from Greenhill, is all I can conclude..

14 hours ago, bassett one said:

Erm, they don’t have ( and haven’t applied for as far as I can see) planning consent for the stadium and from what I read, to build the new stadium, the club need to sell their current ground for housing, which doesn’t appear to be happening as it’s in green belt. 

Does any of that sound like a “ done deal”?

What kind of public meeting are you expecting? One where the developer discusses what they want to do, or is it the planning committee taking the decision on an application ( that hasn’t happened yet) at a meeting the public can attend? 

The public can make their comments and objections to a planning application when it is published, that’s the statutory process. But, that needs an application to be made, which doesn’t appear to have happened. There’s just a “vision” from the club of what they would like to build if they ever get the money.

I long for the days when the top of Meadowhead roundabout was known as 'four lane ends' controlled by traffic lights or a police officer directing traffic. Brocklehurst's garage was  a major landmark.

Lowedges was still being built. Batemoor and Jordanthorpe were open fields. No Dronfield by-pass and the the road to the Nags Head, (a traditional pub and not a branded Toby) was single carriageway. 

I think I'm turning into an old fart. 

Edited by abbeyedges

re-st james today,the queue backed up nearly to the island,leaving some cars stuck in a lane to go forward,inside lane not letting them in,a mess,the road leading in needs widening ,so 2 lanes can go forward,re-the event venue the sign reads coming soon,but how soon is not mentioned.they are also offering free food/free tickets and free drinks and travel for any oap who meets them at the transport ground on football home game days

Alas, I too remember the area in the '50s as described. 

And football then was played once a fortnight on Saturday afternoon, occupying a stadium from 2pm to 5pm. In the daylight.... Period. The proposed stadium will no doubt have a hybrid pitch and floodlights. So it will be in use many times a week, and together with the car park(s) will emit a whole lot of light pollution which will make life unpleasant for all the neighbours.

I too await the planning details with interest. I assume the bowling green and old tennis courts will go, so an entrance approaching from the South after Lowedges could come in from the south-east corner which would take some strain off the roundabout. No exit. 

Will the cricket field and club remain? 

This is drifting from the topic but a busy home game on the Saturday before Christmas will tax everyone's patience.

Bah Humbug.. 

The largest crowd number for Sheffield FC this season was 879 for the game v Dunston. Normal gates for games are half this figure.

On 29/11/2021 at 16:47, bassett one said:

they are running free day trios for oaps with free food ect from there already to sheffield fc games

21 hours ago, bassett one said:

i know they are doing free food ect and free tickets for oaps inc coach from and back from there.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

they are also offering free food/free tickets and free drinks and travel for any oap who meets them at the transport ground on football home game days

I think we've got it now.......

4 hours ago, Hopman said:

The largest crowd number for Sheffield FC this season was 879 for the game v Dunston. Normal gates for games are half this figure.

yes this may be true ,but why build a 5,000 seat stadium? i take it thats for the bands ect there events as its got to make a profit from other income,i like the idea,just needs to make sure theres plenty of parking and a good road system ,as the island area was a big problem today and thats a tuesday,because of st james entrance problems