Jump to content

Slavisa Jokanovic: Sheffield United Boss Set To Leave After Six Months In Charge

Recommended Posts

 Surely any club giving out four and a half year contracts is Madness, and you could say One step beyond. Good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also argue that it is a brave step by Paul to step up and take management on again.  He clearly will not be given money to spend in January (that may have had a part to play in Slav going, or SUFC not trying for experienced managers who would have looked for funds).  Also brave that he's brought in McCall and Lester, both with very strong links to us, and who would be prime contenders to take over should Paul be (re-)sacked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 There,s  managers in jobs who have had more sackings than aNFL quaterback, ridiculous, yet we still pay our money to watch our teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

 There,s  managers in jobs who have had more sackings than aNFL quaterback, ridiculous, yet we still pay our money to watch our teams.

Yep, we'll still be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the length of contract shows tremendous foresight by the club. He's an experienced manager in the lower leagues and it looks like that's where they've settled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I think the length of contract shows tremendous foresight by the club. He's an experienced manager in the lower leagues and it looks like that's where they've settled for.

If the powers that be were willing to spend to get back to the PL, they'd have gone for Warnock, but he'd have asked for a transfer kitty.  No, the next step is consolidation, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get Neil back at some point as Director of Football.  The SUFC statement says some restructuring has yet to be done, so who knows, that may be sooner than I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen this on the BBC news. Absolutely ridiculous.  At the end of the day, what was the point of appointing some with Jokanovic's promotion pedigree but not allowing him to have a good stab at the job?

 

Jokanovic, (& proved by Wilder & Heckingbottom before him), wasn't the problem, its the current malaise & the attitude of some of the players.   God knows who well have to bring in to shake them up? 

 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If the powers that be were willing to spend to get back to the PL, they'd have gone for Warnock, but he'd have asked for a transfer kitty.  No, the next step is consolidation, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get Neil back at some point as Director of Football.  The SUFC statement says some restructuring has yet to be done, so who knows, that may be sooner than I think.

Warnock has retired if he wanted to be in football he'd still be at Middlesbrough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Another sign that the club is in severe financial difficulties, at least the ones who were denying it on here have gone quiet now.  🤣

Good afternoon top4718 and welcome to this post, not for one minute did I think you wouldn't resist contributing !

A question for you.

Why is the financial situation at Bramall Lane of so much interest to you

Did someone on the Forum incite you in some way, it's a subject you won't let drop.

You may have before I can' t remember, have explained the financial situation at your club, would you mind doing it again.

I don't doubt that you are a likeable and hard working bloke, but there are chaps on here that think otherwise. The comment about the fact there are

m----y a---s on here I believe may allude to you, do correct me if I am wrong !

 

Managers come, managers go. At Sheffield 6 you know that very well.

Hecky may be a cheap option

I await your response when he gets us promoted

 

Have a good day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Good afternoon top4718 and welcome to this post, not for one minute did I think you wouldn't resist contributing !

A question for you.

Why is the financial situation at Bramall Lane of so much interest to you

Did someone on the Forum incite you in some way, it's a subject you won't let drop.

You may have before I can' t remember, have explained the financial situation at your club, would you mind doing it again.

I don't doubt that you are a likeable and hard working bloke, but there are chaps on here that think otherwise. The comment about the fact there are

m----y a---s on here I believe may allude to you, do correct me if I am wrong !

 

Managers come, managers go. At Sheffield 6 you know that very well.

Hecky may be a cheap option

I await your response when he gets us promoted

 

Have a good day

I don't care what anonymous people on a Forum think.

 

Its a dual footy Forum I'm interested in all the comings and goings of local football, if it bothers you being totally skint then stick to a Blades only forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I don't care what anonymous people on a Forum think.

 

Its a dual footy Forum I'm interested in all the comings and goings of local football, if it bothers you being totally skint then stick to a Blades only forum.

It seems to bother you more than anyone else on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

It seems to bother you more than anyone else on here.

It doesn't bother me it's actually made my day, why am I seeing your posts btw I blocked you ages ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.