Slavisa Jokanovic: Sheffield United Boss Set To Leave After Six Months In Charge

12 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Forgive me for speaking statistics and fact here but..

We could literally sit here playing the conspiracy game, the hearsay, the blame game, all day long..... I agree, something smells a little bit fishy, I'm not sure what, but I do feel there is more to it.....

But in footballing context, it isn't a massive surprise really is it? When you look at statistics etc.

You can sit and argue til the sun goes down that slav wasn't given a chance.... that he wasn't financially backed..... that we didn't buy into his methods. Yes it is probably right to an extent, you can't judge him until he had had financial backing in a window. I think January was always going to be the true measure in that respect.

But likewise you have to question why we haven't been drilled to do the basics better? Why we haven't improved defensively? Why our set plays and attacking moves haven't improved? Why we aren't better drilled all in all.....

Ultimately, one figure stands out....as a team that wants to challenge for the top 6....... 

11 points in the last 10 games?  Is that good enough?.....we are equidistant between both ends of the table. We need to be in touching distance of that top 6 promptly! That is fact. 

So yes, I agree that there is much more to this..... but ordinarily the performances haven't been very good and for some time there has been noticeable improvement. We should have been at least doing the basics better.

Hmmm... :huh:

There's lots of possible reasons why I think they're not performing their best!

Maybe it's because the 'senior' players who've already achieved getting promoted into the PL, are all getting on a bit now?

In years to come, they can now say they've played at the top level, so maybe the motivation is no longer there and they're finding it an 'easier' way of life in the Championship?

They know their playing days are numbered (age wise) and probably feel there'll be no place in the team for them anyway if they get promoted again?

So perhaps they're (unintentionally) coasting a bit?

And changing manager and style has not helped.

Ageing players who've already achieved their ambition of promotion to the PL have been expected to 'forget' what has brought them success in the past, and to 're-learn' the game in just a few months.

I'm not suggesting they're not trying their best, but so are all the other teams in the league.

You need a bit more than 'trying your best' to be promotion contenders... :|

20 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

There's lots of possible reasons why I think they're not performing their best!

Maybe it's because the 'senior' players who've already achieved getting promoted into the PL, are all getting on a bit now?

In years to come, they can now say they've played at the top level, so maybe the motivation is no longer there and they're finding it an 'easier' way of life in the Championship?

They know their playing days are numbered (age wise) and probably feel there'll be no place in the team for them anyway if they get promoted again?

So perhaps they're (unintentionally) coasting a bit?

And changing manager and style has not helped.

Ageing players who've already achieved their ambition of promotion to the PL have been expected to 'forget' what has brought them success in the past, and to 're-learn' the game in just a few months.

I'm not suggesting they're not trying their best, but so are all the other teams in the league.

You need a bit more than 'trying your best' to be promotion contenders... :|

When you've had one of the worst seasons in football history you need to freshen the squad up sharpish to rid the losing mentality, United haven't the money to do this without selling players and the multi million offers from the cream of Europe's top clubs never materialised 🤣 some of these players could only be now sold at a huge loss, tough times ahead.

I hope this isn't too honest for some of the more sensitive contributors.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

When you've had one of the worst seasons in football history you need to freshen the squad up sharpish to rid the losing mentality, United haven't the money to do this without selling players and the multi million offers from the cream of Europe's top clubs never materialised 🤣 some of these players could only be now sold at a huge loss, tough times ahead.

Fair comment Tops.

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It's not very often I agree with you Mr Top...

... but on this occasion, I think you're right! :thumbsup:

I don't think we're at the stage where we can't pay our wage bill, have threats of going into administration, can't afford paper clips and are under an embargo just yet.

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I don't think we're at the stage where we can't pay our wage bill, have threats of going into administration, can't afford paper clips and are under an embargo just yet.

😂

Maybe we could sell BDTBL on to ourselves, then loan it back to ourselves. 

Edited by Baron99

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

😂

Maybe we could sell BDTBL on to ourselves, then loan it back to ourselves. 

You can’t you don’t own it, it’s mortgaged 👍🏻

34 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You can’t you don’t own it, it’s mortgaged 👍🏻

6 points saved then.

25 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Wow, this gets worse for them. I don't tend to study either clubs finances to be honest but if they don't own the ground what assets do they have exactly? I suppose Brewster and McBurnie would be assets but I can't see them getting their money back on those two. I mean, didn't they pay £25M for Brewster? Can't see anyone wanting to pay that.

What's the estimated debt? Anyone any idea? I think someone said around £85,000,000. That's some hole they've dug for themselves if true. Surely they have player assets of £35M don't they. Just leave a cool £50M up the creek. I bet the previous owner is in stitches. 

It's clear you don't study but here you are.

Sink your teeth into this before you start worrying about United.

Sheffield Wednesday: Owner Dejphon Chansiri buys Hillsborough to ensure club makes profit - BBC Sport

Sheffield Wednesday put up for sale by owner Dejphon Chansiri - BBC Sport

Edited by Alextopman

9 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Now't wrong wi Darron Moore .

I didn't say there was. I don't know to be honest. We're improving bit by bit, so that's better than waning. Is it down to Daz, the players attitudes, or both? I hope everyone at S6 just get better and better.

I don't want to see anyone fail, whatever the position they hold. Thinking about it, I like ALL the players. It's been a long time since I could say that. It's difficult to name a weak link. Well, I can't point the finger and that's a rarity, if not a World first.

2 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Wrong thread, stay on topic. Mods please delete his post.

Hahahahaha, pick your dummy up. Typical owls poster on here. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones or go running to the teacher snitching.

I don't see you complaining about the posts above from owls completely off topic.

Here you are read it and weep.

Sheffield Wednesday put up for sale by owner Dejphon Chansiri - BBC Sport

Edited by Alextopman

18 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Wrong thread, stay on topic. Mods please delete his post.

It's interesting that 19 of the first 70 posts on a thread about the ex-United manager include either Wednesday, Owls, S6 or Chansiri references - that's over 1 in 4 for the hard of thinking!

Come on guys, you can do better than that...

... let's see if you can get it up to 50% - that's every other post, to save some of you from getting a headache! :hihi: